60 seconds

Barista

Listen

 

 

Eunji was coffee crazy. Her interior designer occupation was demanding, but she found her workplace to be her second home. The next thing she enjoyed (closest to her job) was starting the day with a rich, melting cup of coffee. 

 

Instant coffee was never an option. Eunji's best morning was to wander into the kitchen (still dressed in her night shirt), press the switch on her coffee machine and delightfully wait for the decadent aroma to fill her small apartment. She would watch excitedly as the last drop of foam leaves the machine and lands lightly in her mug. Finished off with a sprinkle of cocoa powder, Eunji would slowly walk to the window that overlooked the quiet street and watch the sunrise with the warm, enticing brew in hand. The sweet, bitter sensations dance on her tongue.

 

However, this morning Eunji's alarm did not sound. She kept dreaming. The budding sunlight streaming through the crack of her yellow-orange curtains made her nose wrinkle. Gradually realising that something was definitely wrong, she lept out of her bed and checked the clock. 2 in the afternoon?! No, the second hand was not moving. The battery had gone flat. She plunged for her phone, anxiously biting her lip as it started up. 7:58am! She was due into work in two minutes and she lived forty-five minutes away! Compromising breakfast, she jumped to the terrifying thought that she might have to go to work without her morning coffee hit. Getting dressed in record speed, she sprinted to her red Mini and made her way to work.

 

 

 

 

 

It's always a reed of wheat, Myungsoo thought as he skillfully trailed the milk into the warm paper cup. Does coffee even contain wheat?

Smiling charmingly, Myungsoo and the customer exchanged a polite word of thanks. That marked the end of the morning work rush hour. Just to be safe, he waited another fifteen minutes. When nobody showed up, he decided to finally close up. He would be re-opening at lunch, but before that, he wanted to tour around the complex. It was craftfully decorated by the interior designers who worked inside, and Myungsoo was curious. 

 

"Wait!" a frantic female voice shouted. 

Myungsoo's thought bubble shattered. He turned, irritated, but felt his breath leave him instead. 

Dressed in a siple white blouse neatly tucked into an orange pencil skirt with brown shoulder bag loosely slung over her shoulder, there stood perfection.

Panic was written all over her dainty features: strong brown eyes wide, pink lips ajar. She was panting heavily and the wind had clearly unleashed chaos upon her hair. 

"Y-Yes?" Myungsoo stuttered.

"I'm sorry, are you about to close? Could you make one more before you close? Please?" the words left as quickly as she had appeared.

"U-Um, sure what would you like?" Myungsoo shakily restarted the milk frother.

"Hm," she frowns, hopping between her two feet as she frowned at the menu. "a caramel macchiato please."

 

Myungsoo could sense that the young lady was in a hurry, hence his hands moved faster, almost dropping the milk jug. She laughs.

"Slow down, if you make it with care it generally tastes better."

Myungsoo looked up and saw that she was now beaming, impatience nowhere to be seen but eyes folded into an eyesmile that showed pure joy.

"But you're late for work..." he protested.

"It's alright, I've never been late before, a simple excuse will do." she did not even glance at him; rather she stared endearingly at his hands, tongue emerging from her delicate lips in fascination.

Myungsoo re-focused, a raging heat invading his face. Whilst conjuring another stalk of wheat, he found it had a striking resemblance to something else. They were distorted, but Myungsoo saw that they were hearts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wow I didn't know the image was that big LOL

 

I hope you liked the chapter! ^^ (I'm sorry, it was kinda short ><) if you find any spelling mistakes, it's probably a typo! :3

is it just me or did this remind me of Sunggyu's 60 seconds.. hm

please comment & subscribe! feel free to make any suggestions or point out any of my mistakes, it would mean a lot ^_^  

 

(main image is not mine! ^^ )