Bitter Truth

Home Is In Your Eyes

L.Joe just smirked when Heeyoung greeted him that day. She sighed. She tried her best to get L.Joe's support, but it seemed like he hated Minsoo that much. The couple themselves didn't interact much. They're still kinda covering their relationship up. It's better that way, they thought. Well, it really was. Although some of their friends started suspecting the couple. But telling the girl's bestfriend was a bad decision. Although not telling L.Joe wouldn't make it better either actually. Heeyoung told Minsoo that she had told L.Joe about their relationship, but not for the L.Joe-did-not-like-Minsoo part, of course. Heeyoung tried her best for what L.Joe had told her before. Keeping the distance from him while she's with Minsoo. But no matter how far the distance was, L.Joe could still detect the couple with his own radar. It made Heeyoung's 'task' harder. There was always a moment when they passed by each other. It wasn't their fault though since they went into the same school. It's really hard to maintain her friendship with L.Joe. Just why did he have to troubled me up with his want, Heeyoung swore.

First days would always be the sweetest for the lovey dovey couple. They were really belong to each other.
"Thanks for today." Heeyoung thanked Minsoo. He smiled as he walked out the door. He was about to go home after accompanying Heeyoung in her apartment after school since her mom was still in the US.

"You're welcome, dear." Then he kissed her girlfriend on the lips. "Take care, be careful. Call me if you need something."

Heeyoung nodded. "You too. Tell me if you've arrived home."

"Yes, ma'am. Bye!"

******

Ricky and Changjo wanted to visit Heeyoung. It's been a long time since they hung out together. But the two stopped when they saw a guy standing before her from afar. They took a few steps back and started peeking from the end of the hallway.
"Who's-" The sentence was cut by their gasps.

"FOR GOD SAKE WHAT DID I JUST SEE." Ricky let out a loud whisper when they saw the guy kissed Heeyoung.

Changjo's jaw dropped open. "Who's that? Do you know him?"

"Nope. But I think it's the guy she's been talking about. Minsoo."

Changjo locked his eyes at the couple. Not for long, he moved his sight towards his bestfriend. "I can't stand it. Come on. Let's get back to your place."

"So it's really happening?" Chunji was pretending to look clueless.

"Yes, hyung! You have to see how intimate they were! It's impossible if they're not dating!" Ricky, the gossip guy, exagerrated his explanation.

Chunji took a glance at the daydreaming guy at the corner. "Yah steamed buns! It's not like your world just ended! Cheer up, kid!"

He glanced at the older. "It was."

"What do you think, hyung?" Ricky asked his brother innocently.

Chunji frowned. "About what?"

"About that Minsoo guy."

Chunji took a while to answer. "I haven't seen him yet. So I have no idea about it." Ricky nodded at his answer. "How does he look like?" Chunji couldn't help his curiousity to know about Minsoo.

"We couldn't see his face clearly. But he's tall. Taller than Heeyoung. And he's kinda cool."

Changjo smacked a pillow onto him. "Shut up!"

"Oops. Sorry, I didn't mean to." Ricky grinned awkwardly, feeling guilty.

"Well, let's forget it for a while. I've prepared dinner for us. Have your dinner here before going home, Changjo-ya." Chunji got up from his seat and walked to the kitchen.

Ricky moved closer to Changjo. "Come on. Cheer up a bit. You know she loves you." Ricky patted Changjo's shoulder. The broken-hearted smirked a bit then got up with Ricky's help. If she really loves me, she would've been mine.

******

"What's wrong between you and him?" asked Minsoo as he saw L.Joe turned around after seeing the couple at the school field. Heeyoung had been staring at L.Joe who were walking away from them.

"Nothing." Heeyoung lied just to finish it faster.

Minsoo grabbed Heeyoung's chin to make the girl looked at him. "Tell me what's wrong." His stare was so soft and gentle. It led Heeyoung to confusion.

She sighed. "Uhm.. The relationship between us hasn't been good recently. I don't really get what's wrong with him. He keeps avoiding me." Heeyoung covered up the truth. Minsoo was still staring at her, hoping for more explanations. His stare made her uncomfortable somehow. Maybe it's because she wasn't telling the truth.

"Is it because of me?" guessed Minsoo.

Heeyoung startled. She didn't expect that question. "What?! Of course not!" She let out a fake laugh. But her laugh slowly faded when he realized that Minsoo's expression didn't change. "Well, actually I'm not sure." She shrugged.

"Seems like he's been like that since he knew we're dating, doesn't it?" Minsoo made his own assumption.

Heeyoung shook her head. "Honestly, it's showed since our project started."

The two went silent. "He's jealous. He loves you. He hates me." It was the conclusion he made. Heeyoung gulped. That's the real truth. At least I'm not the one who had to say it. She stared at Minsoo. "Why? It can be seen clearly." Minsoo defended.

"Stop it. Just let him be. I'm not in the right mood to talk about our problems. Just please." She squeezed his hand.

Minsoo hugged her tight. "I'm sorry."

 


 

A/N  :

Comments! Comments! Comments! Thanks :D