changes

In Between (there is something about jinki)

Onew became super clingy lately, Minho noticed. Often times, Minho would wake up in the morning, surprisingly not because of Kibum’s hurtful spatula pokes, but from the ticklish sensation on his tummy. He would look down and see his Onew-hyung resting his head on his arm—numb from the weight—while the leader’s muscular thighs are wrapped tightly around Minho’s stomach.
Not only that, Onew seemed to also take a liking to hugs—hugs with Minho in particular. Minho felt a bit disturbed by this, because Onew had never been the clingy one. He had always been the shy one, too polite to his sunbae and too kind to his many dongsaeng. He’s also rather awkward but funny, and only close enough to hug the others but always maintained that distance. Also, nowadays, he pouted more. He whined incessantly. One fine morning, he even announced that CHICKEN MUST BE ON SHINEE’S MENU at least once a day.
On some other random time, Onew would hit the dining table with his fork and sing like crazy with Jonghyun. Kim Kibum, who was slicing carrots, have had enough of their obnoxious antics and ‘accidentally’ flung his spatula towards their direction.
If Minho were to be honest, he would think that if there was someone clingy, a hyungwhore or dongsaeng , it should be him and not Onew. It just doesn’t suit their leader.
Above everything, there was one thing that even made Onew’s newfound quirk a rather ‘ugly’ one—he never laughs anymore. He would either smile or pout, never laugh. He would place an enormous ‘JONGHYUN MOVE YOUR LITTLE LAZY OFF! BALLAD PRACTICE AT 5PM. TAPING AT SUKIRA TOMMOROW AT 7AM. DON’T DIE IF YOU HAVEN’T DONE THOSE THINGS YET’ note at their fridge door. Afterwards, he would smile or even smirk and walk away to the bedroom.
Onew is clumsy. Really, really CLUMSY. He trips at least three times in a minute then frown at everything and anything, like he’s blaming them for his accident. He also was most likely sleepless, because Minho couldn’t hear his snores at night.
Minho’s just downright worried.
--
SHINee got Tuesday off.
Finally, after a week full of practicing, DJ-ing and recording. Minho went out and played soccer with his high school friends. Taemin went to school. Kibum went shopping while Jonghyun was excusing himself to go and ‘meet with someone’. Minho doesn’t even want to know who that someone was. And Onew? He went with their manager-hyung, doing some ‘leader business’—maybe to talk about the band’s progress at SMEnt office or something like that. He always does that at least once a week.
Minho wondered if that ‘leader business’ included all of SMEnt band leaders. Frowning, he immediately shooed the thought away to the corner of his mind. He shook his head and tried to get rid of Leeteuk’s face, the face that suddenly popped up inside his head.
After playing with his friends, he went home and had a shower. Leaning on the couch, he the TV when his phone suddenly buzzed.
From: 21273462
“Minho-yah, this is Leeteuk. Is Jinki with you now?”
Minho frowned. Why the hell was he asking me?
To: 21273462
“No, hyung. He went to do some ‘leader business’ with manager-hyung. Why don’t you ask him yourself? I bet you know his number by heart since you two looked so close?”
Minho deleted the last sentence before sending the text to Leeteuk.
--
“Hyung! Hyung! You won’t believe this,” Taemin said to Onew. His eyes wide with disbelief while his right hand was full of potato chips that he had stolen from Jonghyun’s bag.
Behind them, the sound of babbling people from the show Jinki had been watching echoed in the living room. They’re already back from each of their businesses, and was now just relaxing on the dorm.
“The bullies…The one that I told you before, you know...those who had punched me. They’re hospitalized hyung. All of them! The teacher said that they were attacked by a stranger or maybe a robber! Scary,” Taemin said, shivering with fear.
“Hmm,” Onew hummed. He looked somehow satisfied.
“Hyung…Umm, can you ask manager-hyung to allow me to visit them? My teacher said their injuries are pretty bad...”
Onew frowned. “Visit? Why on Earth would you want to visit them? They bullied you Taemin-ah. Ah…I see. You wanted to see them injured, yes? You’re happy that they got what they deserve?” The leader said, nodding.
“What? No! Of course not…I forgave them. Maybe they’re stupid bullies and that they have hurt me. But, they’re just teenagers after all. And humans. Humans make mistakes and my umma said forgiving is good.” Taemin reasoned to his hyung, earnest and confident.
“Eh...forgive? Why would you forgive them? Isn’t it fun seeing people who have hurt you die?” Onew asked, as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world. Like 1 plus 1 is equal to 2. Onew’s brown eyes narrowed with something dark and malicious. Taemin trembled.
“H-hyung…” Taemin was downright trembling now as Jinki’s finger traced along his almost fading bruises. Onew’s body leaned against the maknae who was cornered at the end of the couch, no way to escape.
“Why aren’t you happy to see them hurt? Why are you forgiving?” Onew whispered.
“Hyung, d-don’t scare me...Onew hyung,” Taemin whimpered as those eyes presented themselves again. Taemin held his breath. He doesn’t know what to do.
“Why?” Onew hissed, low and cold.
“HYUNG!!” Taemin yelled as a hand pulled him up and away from Onew. Minho stood at the edge of the couch, tense.
“Taemin, go,” Minho commanded.
Taemin obeyed without a second thought.
--
Minho’s confused eyes met Onew’s blank one. They stared at each other for a minute and Minho could feel an unfamiliar angry aura from their leader, along with confusion, sadness and despair. He opened his mouth and began.
“Onew-hyung,”
Silence.
A flash of rage on the normally calm honey eyes.
“Onew-hyung,”
“Don’t call me with that ing stupid name!”
“Onew-hyung,”
“I SAID DON’T CALL ME WITH THAT—“
Minho moved, pressing his body against Onew on the couch. He pressed so close that he could see Onew’s eyelashes, hear his racing heart beat. He gripped Onew’s arm hard. Pained eyes glared at Minho.
“. Off.” Onew hissed darkly. Minho ignored him.
“Hyung, how should I call you then?” Minho murmured, mouth dangerously close to Onew’s.
“It’s J-Jinki,” Onew stuttered.

It must be the way you see me through my flaws…
It must be the way the way you give the feeling of having butterflies on my tummy..

For the first time this week, Minho heard the older boy’s old self—the Jinki of before, the one with a mountain of insecurities.
Yes, I can feel you’re insecure, Hyung, Minho thought. He could feel the need to bring that Jinki back and hug him and never let go.
“Okay, Jinki. So, tell me…what have you done to our maknae? You shouldn’t have to hurt him, right?” Minho murmured instead.
Onew’s eyes suddenly hardened. His lips pursed into a thin line. Minho internally panicked at the action. He decided that he didn’t like this Onew and that he should act fast. Onew’s lips should be pretty and plump and smiling.
“I DID NOT HURT HIM YOU ING IDIOT! All I’ve done is protect him. This ing world would be ing better if people like those bullies just die and burn forever on hell! I should’ve just ripped their skins off and leave them to rot,” Onew smirked.
Minho have had enough. He just wanted to see the older man’s goofy smile, and not that scary smirk he was showing now. So, before Onew could say other words, Minho’s lip was pressed against his own.

It must be the way you move your lips to tell me how much you love me,
It must be the way your eyes capture my own to say that it’s okay to be weak, it’s okay to cry and scream and be mad,
because you’ll be always there…

The kiss was slow, long and sweet. Minho loosened his grip on Onew’s arm and placed the older man on his lap. Onew felt his heart race painfully. His body was so tensed and his head felt so light, dizzyingly light. Minho watched as Onew’s eyes widened; his expression shocked. He just waited, not letting go of the other’s lips. Finally, after an eternity, Onew’s body melted into the kiss and his hand moved along Minho’s broad chest.
Minho could feel the tremble of the body under him, and he thought that maybe Onew might pass out or something. He pressed his lips harder to somehow help quell Onew’s trembles. It seemed to have worked because Onew kissed back. Onew kissed back harder, obviously wanting more.
A small sparkle caught his attention and Minho noticed Onew’s tearing eyes. Gently, he traced his thumb on the tear trail and pulled the older boy closer to his body. Onew cried and sobbed. Minho let him be. He Onew’s back and murmured sweet nothings. Minho could feel his heart grow heavy as he watched Jinki cry. He’s utterly confused, but he would deal with that later. For now, he just let Onew cry.
Because no matter what, he realized, he love the leader too much and for that he will never leave Onew alone.
He would accompany him through his laughter or his tears; he will never let him suffer alone.

I close my eyes, and think.
This is me. Whenever I’m trying to deny it, I just can’t.
This is me. Whenever I’m trying to answer the question about the reason why I love you,
I’ll end up thinking about more and more and more reasons for why I fell in love with you;
the answer had always been so simple.
It must be because it’s you, and you’re more than enough

--
Kibum arrived at the dorm 2 hours later, carrying a bunch of shopping bags and looking so satisfied. He stepped on the dark living room and turned the lights on. Once his eyes adjusted to the light, he gaped—the scene he saw knocking him into such state. There on the couch laid two figures, wrapped tightly to one another on a peaceful slumber. He coughed a little which made Minho woke up. Minho glared at Kibum and made a motion that says ‘be quiet’. Kibum gave him a pointed look and mouthed, “What the hell are you doing with Onew hyung?”
“Shut up!” Minho mouthed back.
Kibum glared at him again and walked out of the room.
Minho released Onew’s grip on his shirt slowly, careful to not wake him up. Onew needed sleep more than anything now. Onew automatically curled up after Minho released him before frowning on his sleep. Minho stood up and walked towards his bedroom, grabbing his soccer ball-patterned blanket and draping it on Onew’s body. He gently Onew’s back for a second before walking out and heading to the kitchen.
Kibum was already there, arm crossed on his chest. He glared at the 5 cups of tea he made that was sitting innocently on the table.
Taemin, on other hand, sat on the chair beside Kibum. He held an apple and looked slightly frightened and confused.
“Okay, mister charisma. You are going to tell me what’s going on, now,” Kibum said fiercely then grabbed his spatula, waving it around threateningly. Minho sighed and looked around.
“Where’s Jonghyun-hyung?” Minho tried to dodge the subject.
“Since when do you care too much with that puppy dino’s presence? Don’t avoid the quest—“
“Eh? Who called me puppy?” Jonghyun suddenly appeared and wrapped his arms around Kibum’s waist. The umma jerked in surprise. “Yah! Don’t do that!” He scolded Jonghyun before smacking his head with the plastic spatula. Jonghyun yelped.
“Kibum-hyung,” Taemin spoke. “If you stop doing that perhaps there is a hope that Jonghyun-hyung’s height would increase.” He stared at his hyungs innocently and chewed on his apple.
Jonghyun’s eyes widened. Minho snorted on his tea. Kibum suddenly had a mysterious severe cough.
Suddenly, Jonghyun ran into Taemin’s direction, fingers poised for the oncoming battle. He positioned his fingers at Taemin’s waist and tickled the youngest like there’s no tomorrow. Taemin fell off of his chair, laughing hysterically. Minho stood up immediately and seized Kibum’s spatula. He smacked it on Jonghyun’s poor head once again.
“Oh no! Now, I’m really stuck with this height!” Jonghyun wailed, covering his face with his hands while faking sobs. Kibum’s chuckling promptly stopped when he realized something.
“Enough—enough, you guys. Onew-hyung is sleeping,” He said. Taemin’s face fell.
“Minho,” Key glared at Minho again, silently ordering the younger to explain things that happened while he was gone.
Minho’s face turned serious. “Onew hyung is…tired,” he carefully chose his words. “He maybe depressed—but he just needs more rest. He will be okay.”
Taemin and Kibum stared at him with disbelief. The clueless Jonghyun just nodded and mumbled “Poor hyung.”
Minho hoped they believed him. Or, maybe they just forced themselves to believe on him.


AN: IDEK guys... idek ;________;
my cat die 4 days a go. i have no company nao at night. i feel like i want to cry but can't. feel nothing and so numb. i want to smile so badly ;__;
*wow i'm sounds like pms-ing girl*


anyway, comments ARE looooooooveeeedddddddddddd <3333