First

Tie

Being late wasn't usually part of Shin Hyesung's vocabulary, except when the first lesson of the day began with a teacher he didn't exactly liked to meet. The 18 year old man, as he would prefer to call himself, dashed down the corridor of his dorm and headed straight for his lecture room. The sound of his sneakers made a squeak against the floors of the hallway, attracting the attention of the other students in campus.

"!" he exclaimed as he ran forward, his destination only 2 doors away from his reach.

Eric Mun was giving a lecture on page 26 of the textbook when the door burst opened. He didn't need to look up to see who the latecomer was, because the student was his favorite. The tall man snickered and with his back still facing the class, said, "I see you finally decided to attend class, Shin Hyesung."

"Should I apologise?" Hyesung retorted, making his way to his seat right next to his bestfriend Junjin. 

'There they go again.' he heard someone whisper. Hyesung couldn't care less and took out his textbook, flipping to the page he had previously glanced from Junjin's opened book.

"I'll see you after class." Eric replied, not amused with his student's rebellious reply. The tense atmosphere in the class soon returned to how it was before Hyesung entered, and class resumed.

Minwoo, who sat next to Dongwan, whispered to his shorter friend. "I'll bet on lunch that Hyesung will throw a fit."

"Deluxe set A on the loser." he replied with a grin.

An hour later, the bell rang and class was dismissed. The other students prepared for their next lesson while Hyesung followed Eric out of the classroom. Junjin threw him a worried glance, but Hyesung reassured him that it was going to be okay as usual.

The 18 year old didn't hate English literature, nor did he hate the man who was teaching it. There was just something about Eric that irritated Hyesung whenever the man was close, and he knew exactly what it was.

"So," he began, his tone was all serious, "care to explain?"

"You know we're too old for the 'My alarm didn't ring' crap." the student replied, his body leaning against the wall of the corridor.

Eric let out a chuckle. "I'm amazed you managed to make it for the second half of the class."

Hyesung knew that Eric wasn't angry at him. Even if he was a strict and stoic teacher during lessons, Eric was completely different once he stepped out of class. So even if he was late, Hyesung was sure that he wouldn't get into serious trouble.

"I can't help it. Blame your lessons for starting on a Monday morning."

"Nothing much I can do about it." Eric replied, "Though I do expect you to finish your work the next time you step into class. Final year is important."

The student rolled his eyes at the teacher. The nagging from his family was more than enough; he didn't need another person to add on to it. "I get it. Can I leave now?" he asked, slowly shifting his body sideways along the wall.

"Sure." his teacher said, "but one more thing."

Hyesung felt the gap between the two of them getting closer, and Eric was now mere inches away from him. Eric's hands reached up for his school tie and straightened it. The brown and beige material now sitting neatly from his neck down to his chest. "Attire check." the taller male said with a smile.

"T-thanks." the student answered, then quickly ran off in the opposite direction back to his classroom. Eric watched the disappearing figure of Hyesung and chuckled to himself. Shin Hyesung was his favourite student alright.

Hyesung entered the class, thankful that the teacher for the next lesson hasn't arrived. He sat at his seat and panted, trying to catch up with his breath while his mind was full of thoughts.

It was that.

The thing that irritated him so much was that Eric always straightened his tie whenever he saw him, even if Hyesung was sure that his tie was as neat as a pin. The student couldn't find a reason why his teacher did that every time, and his final conclusion was that Eric simply loved teasing him because he was the only person who was always late for his class.

"You okay?" Junjin asked.

"Yeah. Told you it was the usual." his friend confidently answered.

The lunch bell didn't ring until another hour or so and by the time it did, students found the blaring jingle music to their ears. Hallways were filled with hungry teenagers rushing to the canteen or friends waiting outside classrooms. Hyesung turned around and faced his buddies; a famished Minwoo already stood up and was waiting for them to leave the classroom together. 

"Shall we go?" the shortest of the four asked.

Kim Dongwan found himself paying for Minwoo's meal shortly after they settled down in the canteen. Their 18 year old friend had indeed threw a fit the moment they found seats, and Minwoo secretly chuckled to himself while nudging Dongwan on the arm.

"You shouldn't wager on a bet you know you'll lose." the bespectacled male said to Dongwan.

Dongwan handed the cash to the lady at the stall. "Sometimes, miracles do happen."

"Not in this case." came the reply.

Hyesung took care of the seats while his friends went to get their food. Junjin had been nice enough to offer his help in buying food, but the thing was, Hyesung couldn't find the appetite to eat. It was always like this on a Monday, or rather, days when there were classes with Eric. Dongwan and Minwoo returned moments later, the usual tray appeared smaller with the amount of food placed on it.

"You've got a huge appetite today." the older male commented. Minwoo grinned and said nothing, picking up his chopsticks and dug into his food. Junjin came back later with his own bowl of upsized ramyun.

"How was it?" Dongwan asked in between his meal.

His friend rolled his eyes in annoyance, remembering the man that made him lose his appetite. "Class B has no idea how lucky they are to get Andy as their teacher."

"Times like these," Minwoo commented, "you should be saying 'It's fine' like a man. Now you're acting like the girls in our class."

Junjin was pretty sure that Minwoo would have a pair of chopsticks sent flying in his face if Hyesung had been eating. He made an awkward laugh and said to his friend, "Each teacher has their own way of teaching. Besides, it isn't always Hyesung that Eric targets."

"It is always him." Dongwan emphasized, taking another bite from the spoon.

Hyesung opened his mouth to retort the much shorter man, but his sentence had been cut off by the commotion currently happening inside the canteen. The four males turned their heads in the direction, an action Hyesung had regretted right after seeing the cause. "Oh, speak of the devil." Minwoo joked.

Even if Eric wasn't Hyesung's most beloved teacher, he was definitely the campus girls' favourite. Of course, the aforementioned Andy came as a pair with the taller man. It was strange, in Hyesung's opinion, how such a nice teacher like Andy hung around with the reincarnation of devil himself. Andy was like an angel, or at least that's how the girls defined him. Probably, the reason for the high enrolment rate in English literature was due to these two men. As much as he would like to deny, Eric and Andy were two very good looking men.

"I pity Andy." 

"Those two have been friends since highschool. Rumor has it that they're a couple." Minwoo said with the tone of a gossip queen.

Junjin dropped his chopsticks, Dongwan almost choked on his rice and Hyesung simply made a disgusted expression. "Heck no." they all said in unison.

"That thought alone is repulsive, Minbong." Hyesung said firmly, using the latter's nickname.

Minwoo placed his utensils down and answered, "You don't see two men hanging around each other all the time, do you?"

"For starters, we are doing the thing you just mentioned." his friend pointed out, "And the next thing is, Eric looks like a womanizer."

"You can't judge a book by its cover, Hyesungie."

The squabble went on for another few minutes, until the four felt a familar presence by their table. Junjin looked up and saw two familar faces staring right down at them. "Hi Eric." he greeted, then looked at the other male and did the same. "Hi Andy."

The two teachers returned the greeting. "Not eating?" Eric asked, staring at Hyesung whose table space had been empty. 

"Not when someone ruined my appetite."

The three others knew that Hyesung wasn't the most polite student on campus, and neither were they. But it was only Hyesung who had enough guts to openly rebel their English literature teacher, and sometimes, they were thankful Eric bore an open mind to accommodate their friend. Andy raised his eyebrow in amusement and looked at the others. "Let's not disturb their lunch, Eric."

The said man snickered and nodded his head. He moved slightly, but his eyes were fixated on the material that wrapped around Hyesung's collar. The student gulped, wondering if the same scene was going to repeat itself.

"Alright, let's go." Eric said to Andy.

Junjin waited till he saw Andy sitting down at the teachers' table before resuming his lunch. "On a second thought, it's just you." he said in relation to his previous remark, earning himself a punch in the stomach from Hyesung.

The bell rang again no sooner after they had finished their food and the four friends stood up to return their trays. The next lesson was in separate classrooms, with Hyesung being the only one in a different class from them. Minwoo and Dongwan had already left for their lecture while Junjin walked with Hyesung to their lockers.

"You shouldn't be so against Eric you know." the younger male said to his friend.

"Jinnie-ah," Hyesung replied, "it isn't time to act like a good student." he continued as he took out his textbook from the locker.

Junjin forced a smile. He knew that his older friend was stubborn, it was something he realised throughout the three years he had known him. He watch Hyesung close the door and prepared to leave for his next class. "Hyesung-ah." he called.

The male turned around at the mention of his name and caught the flying object that was thrown to him. "You'll need it later." was all Junjin said before he hurried off in the opposite direction.

Hyesung stared at the bread in his hands and smiled to himself. He was reminded of the reason why Junjin was his best friend in the first place.


Hello people! Cladiot is back after a somewhat short break ^^

1) Thank you for arriving here after clicking the title on AFF. Hahaha~ Of course, thank you for reading this chapter and even my author's note! 

2) As you can see, this is a light-hearted school-themed fic I've written about Ricsyung. There'll be Jindy and Woodong in time to come, but we'll save that for later.

3) You guys must be wondering what the plot is about, but I'll leave that to your imagination because there's no fun if I reveal everything in the beginning xD I simply hope for you guys to enjoy this fic as it is for now ^^

4) I know a school-theme is kinda typical, but for readers who know me, cladiot never writes typical stuff. So do anticipate for the progress of this fiction!

5) Viewers/subbies/readers/lovers/supporters of EYH, please do read the AN I've posted if you haven't. I deeply apologise for all the things that has happened to that story. -bows-

6) For readers who don't know about what happened, just be assured that this fic will not end up like EYH ^^ (Or at least that's what I hope ^^;;)

Lastly, do subscibe, comment and drop a rant if you'd like! Silence isn't always golden! I hope to see/hear from you guys in the next chapter!

PS: Do check out my stories if you haven't!

Winter Poetry (Complete)

Café (Complete)

 

 

Till the next update~

cheers,
cladiot