Eleven : Kim Kibum pabo

My Not So Almighty Diva

=== Key’s POV ===

 

I felt so dumb for not thinking about the fuel. Yah, Kim Kibum, why are you so stupid. What would manager hyung do when he found out?

 

When we entered our dorm area, I told Saera to hide her face, to avoid any kind of witnesses. I quickly turned the lock and switched on all the lights. I invited her in and told her to just wait in our living room.

 

“I’m so sorry, Saera-ah.” But she didn’t answered. I’m pretty sure she’s beyond furious. She sat on our couch with a cute pout on her face. Cuter than Taeminnie’s pout.

 

“Let me make it up to you then. I’ll bake the cupcakes for you, and I’ll take you home.”

 

“Jinjja?!” Her face quickly lighten up. I can feel my cheeks are burning.

 

“N-n-neh.”

 

“But I feel bad if you will do it all by yourself. I’ll try to help.” She stood up and grabbed her plastic bag.

 

I went to my room and picked up my apron. Yes, I do wear apron when I’m cooking. Don’t judge.

 

“Now, what do you want to make?”

 

“Wow, I know you’re the umma, but I didn’t know you’re really like an umma.” Her face has that ‘O’ expression.

 

“Yah, pali! What do you want?”

 

“I want red velvet cupcakes.”

 

I checked our kitchen’s cupboards to find the flour and I grabbed the milk that was on Saera’s plastic bag. I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl. Saera was standing beside me, watching me in awe. Well, watching me mixing the batter. Her face was so close, I could explode if she kept the distance like that.

 

“Do you need help?” She finally stepped back.

 

“Neh, find a red food colouring.” I pointed at the cupboard on my left.

 

“Do you know why it’s called red velvet?” She asked as she gave me the food colouring.

 

“What?” I shook my head at this weird question. “I don’t know, but we’ll make it red, so the name makes sense.”

Saera kept watching me with that close distance. Thank god, she’s not that tall, so her face won’t be close to mine. Actually, I feel a little annoyed. If it’s Taeminnie, he would know I don’t like it when people standing beside me when I’m cooking.

“OK, the cupcake is now in the oven. We’ll start to make the frosting.” I bended down to check if the oven is working. I saw Saera’s puzzled face when I lifted my head up. Aish, this girl… “You don’t know what a frosting is?” She shook her head.

“Come here then!” I set my electric mixer in to the highest setting. “Why are you so clueless, Saera-ah? Your mom never made cakes for you?”

“My mom wasn’t around.” She said with a flat tone. I checked her face if she’s ok, but she still absorbed at me making the frosting. Is her mom already passed away or her parents divorced?

“Here, do you want to try?” I grabbed a spoonful of cream cheese frosting for her. Her face is so happy, almost reminded me of a child. When she’s about to taste it, I placed a dab of frosting on her nose. “Yah!” She yelled. She took a revenge by grabbing the spoon and smear it all over my face.

 

“Yah! Lee Saera!”

 

And with that our walls of sunbae and hoobae fell down.

 

“Hahahahaha, oppa, you should look at your face.” She said laughing. I never knew a girl can be this pretty even when she’s laughing out loud.

 

“You’re the one to talk, huh? You have frosting on your nose.”

 

“I know.” She replied while still catching her breath.

 

“Clean it up!” She didn’t asked for a tissue, instead she was trying to it with her tongue. I cracked up at this sight. Her tongue didn’t even reach the tip of her nose, yet, she tried so hard.

 

“Aigo, hahahahaha Saera-ah! Hahahahah just grab a tissue of something.”

 

“No, I can do it!” Because she kept insisting, I grabbed a kitchen towel I used to clean my face and cleaned up her nose. I stopped when I realize that our faces were so close. It was one of those moment when you finally let gravity does its thing.

 

“We’re h- Woah.” I startled at the sudden voice. I didn’t noticed that the door was opened. When I let go of the embrace, I saw Minho, Jonghyun, Onew, and Taemin with confused face. I quickly grabbed Saera’s wrist, and take her to my room. “yah, yah, Kim Kibum!” the members were approaching but I closed the door on their face. When I turned around to see Saera, her face was so red. “Yah! What are you thinking of?” she didn’t respond, but she turned her face away. “I knew you’re such a pain in the .” She silently muttered to herself. “I can hear that!”

 

The only reason I brought her to my room is because manager hyung doesn’t allow us to bring girls. When I heard manager hyung’s voice is gone, I peeked from my door, checking if he’s really not there. When I opened the door fully, Jonghyun quickly stand in front of me, “Explain”.

 

And with that, I explained the whole thing, from meeting in grocery store to the problem with manager hyung’s car. The members now looking at Saera, that was sitting in our dinner area with her why-is-this-my-life face.

 

“Pabo Kim Kibum.” Jonghyun stood up from his seat and made his way to the kitchen. “Forgive our Key-goon stupidity, will you? Now let oppa take you home safely.” I can hear Jonghyun is talking to Saera.

 

“Yah! You dino face, don’t you dare talk behind my back!”

 

“Kim Kibum! What the hell did you do to my car?!” Just as soon as I stood up, the manager once again, bursting trough the door.

 

“Ah, hyung. Funny story, I went out to grocery store today and on the way here, the alarm went off and I think the fuel is almost empty now?” I looked at Jonghyun for the whole time, and fortunately, that dino is not so stupid. He told Saera to hide under the table while Minho and Onew quickly stand in front of it.

 

“Does this face shows you that it was a funny story?” he pointed to his face.

 

“Ani?” I said in timid voice.

 

“You really have to pay for it tomorrow!” He didn’t say anything more and just left. I immediately collapsed on the ground from the tension.

 

 

=== Saera’s POV ===

 

Well, there goes my day of enjoying the nice weather.

 

“Noona, gwenchana?” Taemin bended down to see me and reached for my hand.

 

“Neh, but I’m not your noona.” I stood up while fixing my clothes.

 

“Jinjja?!” Taemin gasped.

 

“Taemin-ah, just accept it you’re not the baby anymore.” Onew lightly shook his head at Taemin.

 

Minho noticed my pale face, and he gave me a glass of water.

 

“The cupcakes are ready, Saera-ah.” Key putting his apron again and took out the trays from the oven.

“I’ll help you with the frosting then,”

 

“No, you’re very shocked now. Go watch TV or something. Taemin, accompany her.” Taemin obediently lead me to their living room.

 

=== Narrator’s POV ===

 

Meanwhile in the SHINee’s kitchen.

 

“So…. Kibum.” Onew slowly approaching to Key, who is busy frosting the cupcakes.

 

“What, hyung?” Key answered, still focused on the cupcakes.

 

“Hyung, you’re too slow. Let me do this. So Saera’s the famous trainee?” Jonghyun looked at Onew and then at Key.

 

“Jonghyun hyung, that’s wrong. The question should be, the trainee that makes Kibum fall so freaking hard.” Key rolled his eyes at Minho’s exaggeration.

 

“Whatever,” Key replied shortly.

 

“Then why did you bring her here?” Onew asked again.

 

“Didn’t you listen to my story?” Now the four of them gathered in small circle.

 

“But the almighty Key usually very heartless.”

 

“Well, I’m being Kibum today.”

 

“But you never brought Nicole here.” Minho crossed his arms and rest his chin on his hand.

 

“How many times should I tell you, we never dated.” Key said in frustration.

 

“That’s the point, why did you bring her here?” Jonghyun sneered.

 

Key couldn’t think of any answers now. He stared blankly at the floor, again.

 

“Kim Kibum, do you like her?” Onew placed his hands on Key’s shoulders.

 

“Yes. Yes! I like her. In fact, I like her a lot. I don’t even know why. But everytime I see her face, my heart literally is a ticking bomb that’s about to explode.” Onew, Jonghyun, and Minho were surprised by the sudden confession. They never knew Key could feel this way about someone.

 

“Hyung, what should I do?” Key placed his palms on his face.

 

“Don’t you think it’s best to get to know her first?” Minho suggested.

 

“Minho-goon is right. Now, go get her, Kim Kibum! You can use my car to take her home.” Jonghyun handed Key his car keys.

 

After Key finished frosting all the cupcakes, Saera decided to give some of them to SHINee. Saera was reluctant at first when Key volunteered to take her home. Thanks to the assurance from Onew and Minho, she agreed.

 

“Kamsahamnida, sunbaenim.” She bowed before leaving SHINee’s dorm,

 

“Saera-ah, don’t you think it’s time to call us ‘oppa’?” Jonghyun looked at the members for agreement.

 

“That’s ok with you?” Saera asked.

 

“Of course, I like to be called oppa.” Taemin excited.(lol taemin is being excited a lot in this chapter)

 

“As for me, you can call me Onew oppa or Jinki oppa.” Onew said while showing his smile.

 

“Neh. Kamsahamnida, Jonghyun oppa, Minho oppa, Jinki oppa, and Taemin oppa.” Saera bowed again and followed Key to the apartment’s basement.

 

Key unlocked the car and opened the door for him. He checked the rear view mirror once again and buckled his seatbelt. He started the engine and drove away from SHINee’s dorm.

 

“Saera-ah, I’m sorry.” Key broke the awkward atmosphere.

 

“Today’s actually kind of fun. Your fans would kill to be me right now.” She said smiling. Key was surprised at her answer.

 

“Really? I’m glad to hear that.” Key take a look at Saera’s glowing face. “Here, take my phone and put your number there.” Key gave Saera his phone from his pocket.

 

“Neh, already.” Saera place Key’s phone on his lap.

 

They were very quiet. Key was busy driving of course, and Saera somehow found the road very interesting as she never stopped looking at the window.

 

“We’re here. Come on, let me take you.” Key was about to get of from the car and Saera pulled his arm.

 

“No, there will be a lot of people, and I don’t want to be in trouble.”

 

“It’s dangerous. You know, a girl was attacked while she was on her way to her apartment. You should really pay more attention to the news.”

 

“Fine, just cover your face!” Saera got a little scared.

 

Key put his hoodies on and zipped it all the way up. Key kept looking around, Key himself scared people will recognize him.

 

“Go back to your car now.” Saera stopped in front of the elevator.

 

“What? Why?” Key asked bewildered.

 

“It’s safe now, no one never got attacked in this area anyway.”

 

“Well, ok. Ahnyong.” Even when he said goodbye, his body seems doesn’t want to follow his word.

 

“Be careful, Kibum oppa.” Saera could feel his fingers and toes curled up. If her members heard she called Key ‘Kibum oppa’ they would go crazy.

 

Key lifted Saera’s head and leaned in closer. Saera frozed at the sudden movement. She couldn’t help but keep looking at Key’s lips that’s getting closer and closer. Without hesitation, Key put his lips on Saera’s. He was expecting a struggle of rejection, but surpsingly, Saera didn’t even move a bit.

 

Key let go of the kiss when the elevator’s door opened.

 

“Goodnight, Lee Saera” He went back to his car without looking back, leaving Saera in dazed.

 

Saera is still frozen because Key just stole her first kiss. She watched as Key get in to Jonghyun’s car and drove away. Without even looking at her again. She touched her lips and she swore she still could feel the warmth that Key gave to her. She knew she should’ve pushed Key away, but her body didn’t listen either.

 

She finally got on the elevator and opened her apartment. She placed the cupcakes on the dinner table and went straight to her room. Her members just watched as she slammed the door. “Kim Kibum pabo!!!!!!!” was all her members could hear.

 

Key opened the door and found Minho and Taemin playing video games like usual, Jonghyun in messaging chair, and Onew eating his cereal. They noticed Key walked in looking like a zombie. They didn’t have to ask what happened.

 

“I kissed Saera.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeay!!! Another update! What do you think should happen next? A confession? Awkwardness? Or rivalry? lolololol I don't even know. Anyway, I love my subbies <3 btw am I a bad shawol because I never watched Taemin on WGM? I don't know why but I don't really ship Taeun. Naeun is pretty though, I just don't really like them together. And I saw this gif of Key, he was complaining why he's always the one that testing the present or visiting someone else's houses lololol my bummie, I think he's really eager to be coupled in WGM <3333 If Key was on WGM, who do you think should be his wife? I would personally want someone like Naeun, some kind of opposite attracts and I want to see Key act as a husband, wouldn't that be really sweet to watch? :D