umbrellas bring two together;

fountain diseases

umbrellas bring two together;

(and there’s this guy who stands in the rain, without a covering umbrella. // woohyun / sungyeol, pg-13, slice of life,

for dongsaengie Star and sailor twin Jen, once again, because she inspired me in writing this.)

 

Train station, Monday 7 am, heavy rain. Things Woohyun is used to. It’s November, it’s supposed to rain this way. He stands under the station, so he doesn’t need an umbrella. He still holds it, though, just because he is used to do it. There’s this guy who stands in front of the protecting roof, and he gets wet all over the place. Woohyun wonders why he does this in the first place. Nobody likes being wet, after all. You get a cold, you become cold, and wet, and need new clothes. But the tall figure seems like he doesn’t care, at all. And Woohyun doesn’t think about it more.

Train is coming soon anyways.

 

Train station, Tuesday, 7 am, less rain than yesterday, but still a lot. Woohyun is used to this, it’s November, after all. He sees the tall figure standing outside the rain, once again, without anything that could cover him. Woohyun doesn’t think about it; doesn’t think that he could share the umbrella with him. He just thinks how poor the tall guy must be, for having none. He doesn’t know, that he is so selfish, because that’s the way Nam Woohyun lives, selfish and cruel, just like everybody else. That’s society, after all.

Woohyun wants to call him, but his voice gets swallowed by the rain. (Or at least he thinks so.)

 

Train station, Wednesday 7 am, heavier rain than on Monday. Woohyun hates it, hates it with the deepest of his core, and he has already gotten annoyed of this boy. He hates it, he doesn’t want to see the boy wet like this, every day standing without a covering umbrella. Doesn’t he have one? Is he a beggar or what? Even beggars cover themselves with the roofs and don’t get wet. It makes no sense in Woohyun’s head. He wants to yell at him, yah what are you doing come here already why are you under the rain all the time I don’t understand you, but he doesn’t say this.

The rain surely does swallow his voice. Woohyun thinks it’s unfair.

 

Train station, Thursday half past 7 am, rain is there, Woohyun is a bit late. He breathes in and out, because he had run just to catch the train. But of course, he has missed it. He realizes the tall guy was there, too, panting heavily. He wonders if he had missed the train, too, but then again, he is too angry to realize this, he is angryangryangry because the guy is still without any covering, is he stupid or what, and this time, he really shouts at him.

“Yah-“

Suddenly someone pushes him forward, to the tall guy. Woohyun doesn’t see the guy who pushes him, but he sees those beautiful, black eyes, teardrop-shaped and shining like a pearl, full of innocence and child-like, he sees the eyes of the tall boy he used to hate so much, because he didn’t cover himself, but now, he can’t hate him. Not with those eyes he has. Woohyun always had a strong weak points against children, and even though this boy is probably around his age, his eyes deceive Woohyun, saying that he is still a child. And children don’t make sense; they just are there, they are the truth, but they don’t make sense in a way adults do. The tall guy looks at him, with those innocent and beautiful eyes, then at the umbrella, and slowly, his hands reach to his brown hair. He pats on his hands, once, twice, thrice, still looking at Woohyun, and he realizes, then, that there is no rain pouring down on him.

“Thank you,” he whispers. “But why…”

Woohyun swallows hard, once, twice, and looks at him, and can’t say a word, and winks, instead. The tall guy beams – he has the body of an adult and the soul of a child – and smiles so widely, Woohyun thinks the rain has stopped.

God bless the person who pushed him.

 

Train station, Friday 7 am, it drizzles today, but it’s still cold and windy, and Woohyun is happy, nevertheless. He gets happy as soon as he sees the tall boy, who waves at him and smiles and bows when Woohyun approaches him.

“Thank you for yesterday!” he says, and the voice seems a bit too mature for him, for the child soul in him, but the smile levels it out perfectly.

“It’s fine,” Woohyun tells him. They continue talking, the child tells him that his name is Lee Sungyeol, and Woohyun introduces himself too, and Sungyeol calls him Mister Woohyun, or Woohyun-nim, because he apparently respects Woohyun a lot, and he smiles widely, and Woohyun smiles back.

Woohyun tells himself that today is the best day in his life.

 

Train station, Saturday 10 am, today Woohyun goes to his brother Boohyun. Today it’s sunny; Sungyeol stands there again, and beams when he sees Woohyun. “Woohyun-nim! Woohyun-nim!” he calls out. Woohyun smiles widely, and hugs Sungyeol, and smells the beautiful fragrance of his, and it’s all natural, because how can children know even something about perfumes, it’s all natural and it’s so beautiful.

Woohyun falls in love with Sungyeol on a sunny day in November at a train station.

 

Train station, Sunday 11 am, it rains again. Woohyun hasn’t brought his umbrella with him, so he and Sungyeol stand outside the rain, heavily pouring on them. He has realized, now, that rain is magic, that this life is full of miracles, thanks to the childish eyes of Sungyeol, and for once, he escapes the heavy reality. Today everything seems just fine, starting from the way they hold hands, ending by the way it rains. Yes, today everything is pretty in Woohyun’s eyes, everything is, and he wishes every day would be like that, that he goes back to the old days, when there were no deadlines, no bullying, nothing like that, when you could friend each other just by saying hi, when you could tell secrets that were none, but Woohyun knows, tomorrow he has to be an adult again. He hopes Sungyeol becomes this way, too. It’s good for them. But then again, there are twenty-four hours left to this, he can enjoy this too, right now.

“I love you,” Woohyun says. Sungyeol leans his head on his shoulder and whispers, “I love you too.”

 

Train station, Monday 7 am, no Sungyeol, no Woohyun but adult Nam and Mister Lee. It rains, it rains in their hearts, in their minds, in their souls, and it’s so dark, Woohyun can’t see the light. He wonders where the sunshine Sungyeol may be, but Monday is always like that; dark and heavy and melancholic and grey and dull. Even children learn this.

“I’m twenty-one,” he hears the tall figure next to him say, the figure which wears a suit and doesn’t have the long hair he had last week, but rather a short one, a mainstream one.  The teardrop-shaped black pearls which are his eyes have lost their spark, their childish aura; he now looks so, so old. But that’s Monday; heavy and melancholic. “I’m not the child you think I am.”

“We all grow old one day,” Woohyun tells him, and moves closer to Sungyeol so that they share the same umbrella again, “but we shouldn’t forget the past.”

Sungyeol looks at him, and nods.

(They’re as distant as stars, yet as close as a constellation.)


 

a/n: turns out this becomes an oneshot! LOL. a rather short one,  but still a oneshot. because wooyeol are forever the raincallers <3