Understanding

The King

This chapter has minor swearing involved

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Minho made his way through the village. He couldn’t get the image that kept replaying over and over of his king and Tae out of his head . The more it happened, the more he became angry with himself. He didn’t want any of this to happen, he wanted to kill the king, but he couldn’t without Tae getting hurt.

“What does he look like” Minho demanded, facing the 2nd in command Leeteuk

“Short, brown hair, has an attitude” Leeteuk replied

Minho turned and looked at him.

“That’s it? And what’s with the attitude part?” Minho demanded,

“I’m sorry sir, that’s all the details the King gave us” Leeteuk replied

 “Let me guess, more detail went into Ki’s description.” Minho said sarcastically

“Yes sir.” He replied in a series tone

“At this rate and those descriptions, we will just have to look for Ki then follow her to Jonghu” Minho turned to his army.

“Split into groups of 2-3, you two; Siwon, Eunhyuk, you’re with me, meet back here at sundown” Minho walked away followed by his two soldiers.

“What does Ki’s description say?” Minho commanded, still annoyed

“Young, poor, short, has long blond hair” He recited to his commander

“That’s who we are looking for, keeps your eyes open and look for her, alright then, lets g…” Minho turned around to notice a crowd of merchants have gathered around them, they were all carrying stones, shovels, and rotten fruits.

“Move for the royal guard or we will have you heads” Siwon demanded

“Leave while you can, before we have your heads” a young man shouted from the back for the pack.

Minho drew his sword, alongside Siwon and Eunhyuk. The stood with their backs towards each other.

They knew they were in deep crap, but they were surrounded.

A young boy from the front took the first shot, hitting Eunhyuk in the side of the head. The boy jumped up and down

“Bullseye” he shouted

This is when hell began

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minho lay there, with Siwon and Eunhyuk next to him. They were all covered in fruit with bruises everywhere

“Urgh….” Eunhyuk groaned rolling over to face Siwon. He poked his stomach hoping he was still alive.

“What…” Siwon moaned back.

“Making sure your alive” He smiled rolling back to his original pose.

“You ok Minho?” Eunhyuk asked him.

Minho didn’t know how long they were there for, but all the merchants grew tiresome and had gone home.

Siwon and Eunhyuk both got onto their knees to view their commanders condition. When they got onto their knees Minho waved them off.

“Lay back down” He gestured

“Sir, we need to find somewhere to camp out for the night, where the merchants won’t find us” Siwon gestured

“We need to find Ki or the king will have our heads” Minho demanded, he stood up to quickly and fell back to the ground.

“He is right sir, we need to rest, but not here” Eunhyuk agreed

Minho nodded towards them, there was no way they were going to find Ki like this.

He stood up slowly with the help of Eunhyuk, they made their way to the side of the road, threw the sides of the building and towards the Forrest. 

“We will camp here for a while, then continue looking later” Minho said stoically.

They both agreed and sat down. They sat there for a hour dead quiet. No one made eye contact .

“Why did you join the royal guard Minho, Siwon asked, fiddling with a small stick.

‘We all know you hate the king more than we do, there must be a reason” Eunhyuk continued

“Tae.” Minho started, causing a croak in his throat.

Siwon leaned in, he was curies about his commander, he never shared anything about himself to anyone, he wanted to be a loner.

“Tae was sick, I had no money, therefor no choice. Either serve the king or loose Tae.” Minho answered, he had never told anyone this, but he was closest to Eunhyuk and Siwon more than the others.

“what about you two, why did you join?” Minho asked, changing topic from himself.

“We were part of a group, called Junior, we were not very into woman as much as other men” Eunhyuk started. He looked at the ground ashamed.

Siwon put his hand on his knee comforting him

Siwon continued “There were nine of us, we thought we had enough to stand up against the king, we trained as hard as we could. But rumors went around town about us. The king heard of our plans and sent armies to capture us”

Eunhyuk nodded towards Siwon “He gave us two options, join the army or die on the spot, joining the army we will have to keep our uality to ourselves, dying will allow the ‘curse’ die with just us”.

Minho just stared at them, he didn’t know what to say. He had never expected what he had heard from them.

“How long…” Minho managed to say, Siwon and Eunhyuk looked at each other.

“2 years?” Eunhyuk asked, Siwon nodded in agreement.

The conversation dropped and went to dead silence.

Minho stood up and made his way towards the village.

“Time to go” He ordered , Siwon and Eunhyuk stood up and followed him to the village.

It had almost hit sundown, the time they were supposed to meet up with the others. They made their way through the village and towards the town square, they stuck to the edges of town so they would not get ambushed again. They made their way around another corner, when Minho put his hand up to stop.

“That’s her” Minho whispered, pointing to Ki.

They made their way towards her, making sure to stay to the edge of the street.

Ki turned around and saw Minho, she knew why they were there, but still didn’t scream. She dropped the basket she was holding and ran towards her house. She had to get away, as far away as she could.