The Cocky King

The King

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a warm sunny autumn afternoon when the king decided to take a walk with his 9 wives through his kingdom. He had a headache that was getting worse from the whining coming from behind him.

“Why are we out here?” winged Yoona, the 4th wife.
“My dress is getting dirty.” Yuri, the 6th wife continued.
“Are we home yet?” complained Tiffany, the 2nd wife.
“Be quiet!” whispered the head wife Taeyeon harshly, “You didn’t even have to come, you volunteered remember, so quit your whining.”
 “Like we would leave you alone with master.” Sun Kyu, the 3rd wife harshly whispered.
“Will you all just shut up!” Jinki yelled, clutching his head in pain, “Just be good little girls and go back to the castle and leave me in peace!”

He walked away, his head still throbbing. He thought some fresh air away from the castle to avoid these obnoxious women would be nice, but when he left, his wives followed, making his headache twice as bad.

“Why do they always ruin a perfect morning?” Jinki grumbled.

He turned the corner, running straight into a young girl carrying herbs. He looked her up and down; she had long blond hair and shabby clothes. She wasn’t anything special but a feeling stirred inside leaving him confused as to what it was.

“Im so sorry.” She bowed, then bent down to pick up her herbs.
“Don’t do it again.” Jinki shot back. He left not wanting to stay and argue, he just wanted to go home and rest.

Jinki walked several blocks holding his head, He felt like he was being followed. Everyone he would pass would stop and make way for him, so he turned around, there was just a busy street with shops on either side selling bread and fruit. So he would walk a few steps then turn around. But every time he turned around, no one suspicious was there. Jinki saw a clear alleyy with no one on the path. He walked down it trying to get away from the feeling of being followed.

“Are you ok?” a girl voice from behind him asked.

He turned around and saw the girl from before.

“What do you want, I don’t have time for paupers like you!” he yelled, clutching his head, the yelling only made his head worse.

“Here.” she said, shoving a herb into his hands, “Make this into tea, it should help your headache” She whispered, pointing to her head then running off into a house three houses down.

Jinki stood there confused. Warmth in his stomach arose, he had never felt this feeling before. He walked up to the house she disappeared into.

He knocked on the door, hoping she would answer, but a short man answered instead. The man stood there with shock on his face.

“Who are you?” the king asked rudely.
“I’m sorry your majesty, my name is Jonghyun, how may I be of your assistance?”
Jinki pushed passed the man, “A young girl with blond hair just gave me this herb and ran into this house.” Jinki said, showing the leaves in his hands.
“Im very sorry, Ki will not do that again, she’s a bit… free-spirited like that.” Jonghyun bowed.
“Where is she?” Jinki demanded, ignoring the man once again.
“She is in the other room.” Jonghyun said confused, pointing to the kitchen.

Jinki walked into the kitchen to find the girl cutting up the herbs from earlier.

“Your highn…” Ki began before Jinki took her arm.
“You’re coming with me.“ He said, grabbing her wrist and pulled her towards the door.
“No.” Jonghyun snapped, pulling Jinki’s hand away from Ki’s wrist.
“Who do you think you are!” Jinki pushed Jonghyun to the ground.
“Im her husband and you are not taking her anywhere.” Jonghyun stood up and moved in front of Key.
“Not for long, Jonghyun,” Jinki laughed, “In less than a month, she will be mine.” Jinki strode cockily from their house.

The King had a reputation for taking what he wanted, not caring for who it affected. People had an option, give it to the king or die. And Jonghyun wasn’t going to hand over his loving wife to that scumbag.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello, this is my first faniction, so i hope you enjoy the first chapter :D thank you for reading