Fine. You win.

The Perks of Being a Doctor

"Ok guys let's try this dance again. 5Zic, remember the counts man. This isn't that hard, it's just 1 - 2 - front step - front step, side, side, turn side side pump." The choreographer said, demonstrating yet again the dance for the chorus of M.I.B's latest single. Everyone was picking it up easily, except 5zic who would constantly miss the last few counts and steps. "You need to focus there 5Zic."

"I am focusing. It's just my feet and brain aren't connecting." 5Zic defended himself as he mentally ran through it in his head again.

"Ok, again, again...let me see it." The choreographer the song and the guys began to dance...everything going quite smoothly...until...the chorus. When once again, 5Zic missed a step. This time though he missed it bad enough that he found himself collapsing to the ground in the most ungraceful way, his ankle twisting underneath him."

"! Oh ! !" 5Zic yelled out as he held his ankle in pain

"Omo, dude you ok?" Cream said, running up to him.

"Does it look like I'm ok?" 5Zic yelled rudely. 

"Can you put weight on it?" The choreographer asked, reaching his hand out to help the hurt kpop star who was now acting a little whiny and baby-ish. 

"Oooohhhh....no no I can't put weight on it." 5zic screamed as he put his ankle down to attempt to walk.

"Looks like it's off to the hospital for you...again!" Cream said. "Come on, I'll get you to the car."

------------

"Now everybody come on celebrate neoegeseo beoseona. Now everybody come on celebrate haengbokhae nareul tteona...."

"Miss Lee.. are you listening to me? Miss Lee?" EunMi's superior yelled out as she sat, lost in her music, singing a little louder than she should have been.

"geurae neo jakkuman haetdeon jeonhwa gueman idaero idaero. dareun namja pam aneseo Good Bye Tonight idaero idaero..." 

"Miss LEEEEEEE" he yelled again...this time pulling the headphones away from EunMi's head. 

"Huh? Oh Sir, I'm so sorry Sir. I didn't hear you through..."

"Through your singing...which by the way, was too loud. Miss Lee, I have been rather kind and understanding in your using your headphones when we are not busy, but if this continues they will be banned. Am I understood?"

"Yes, Sir." EunMi said, standing acknowledging her superior.

"Now, please prepare yourself...you have a patient in room 5 that needs your attention." 

"Yes....sir." EunMi said, gathering her things and watching has her superior walked away.

. Such an . I hate him...I hate this place. Same thing every night...tend to sick people, listen to people whine, deal with people like that damn superior . I hate this job. EunMi had been forced by her parents to become a doctor. She more than anything wanted to just do art her whole life on some island with her best friend MiRae where men didn't exist and she could kpop her day away. Her parents though had other plans. "Follow in your appa's footsteps." They said. "Being a doctor is so rewarding and fun." They said. "It'll be better than you think." They said. Lies...all lies. Being a doctor . 

You should probably stop talking to yourself now...you have a job to do.

Yah a ty y job I was forced in to.

Stop talking to yourself and get your in there. Put on your fake happy-to-see-you smile and attend to the patient.

Fine. But don't think I will like it for one minute.

"Hello Mr....aish god not you again." Eunmi said annoyed by the face of the patient in the bed. It was 5Zic of M.I.B and she was completely convinced that he was stalking her, as this was not his first time here...it was his umpteenth and at this point she was annoyed of him and his ailments.

"Good to see you too Dr. Lee. That's really no way to greet your hurting patient is it? Did they not teach you bedside manners in school?" He simply laughed, by now he was used to her quirks and her less than stellar attitude. He'd come to this hospital more times then he could count recently. It took only the first night here with her for him to fall head over heels for her and since then, he'd always requested her...after all how else would he win her over? 

"Sorry, its just...you surprised me is all. Which really anymore, you being here shouldn't be much of a surprise. Are you hurting yourself purposely to come bother me?" EunMi walked up to his bed and began to examine his hurting ankle. "What did you do this time?"

"I very ungracefully tripped over my own feet during the dance rehearsal of our new song. I'm a klutz really and this time, I think I really really damaged myself. And how dare you think I am stalking you or hurting myself on purpose Miss Lee. Maybe if you would agree to one date I wouldn't keep coming back here. So...will you finally agree and go on a date with me?" He said giving her "the eye."

"Absolutely not!" She said as she began to press and bend his foot in different directions. "Does this hurt?" she said, pushing a little to hard, knowing full well it did in fact hurt, but wanting to torture him just a little for the torture he put her through stalking her.

"Ahh! YAH! That hurts! No need to be so rough Doctor." He whined.

"Hah!" She laughed to herself. "No need to be so full of yourself Mr. Kim. Thinking I'd actually go out on a date with YOU. Please!"

"And why won't you, huh? I don't bite."

"Because you are a man and I have turned my heart off to men and love. Relationships are pointless...men are just asses, constantly leading you on, never being a gentleman. I don't have time to waste on being hurt or treated terribly or lied to or lead on. And why am I even telling you this?" She said as she wrote something down on her paper.

"Dr. Lee, what is it that you want then in a relationship that you aren't getting or haven't gotten in the past?" 

"Is it too much to ask that a man be decent and stand up and treat me as a human? I am sick of being lead on only to get mixed signals and never know what they are actually thinking. And how about opening the door or pulling out a chair for me once in a while. Be a gentleman..not an ...thats's what I want...a gentleman who actually is considerate and talks about his feelings...and again why am I discussing this with you?" EunMi said getting flustered. As much as she wanted to deny it, there was something about him that made him easy to talk to. "I am going to order you an xray  just to double check, but to me it seems like a sprain. I'll be back shortly." EunMi excused herself and ran to the restroom, splashing water on her face.

Don't let him get to you. He's a guy, guys are evil...even Kpop gods that are beyond gorgeous and make me melt.

Shut up.

Why, you thought it. 

Shut up.

You find him cuuuttteee...give in EunMi, give in. He is from your favorite band.

NO! NO NO NO NO NO! 

------30 Minutes Later-------

"Mr. Kim." EunMi started as she entered back into his room. "As I suspected you sprained your ankle. Thankfully it isn't too serious and should heal in no time, but make sure you stay off of it for the next week. I'll give you some painkillers...ice it when needed. Just make sure you slowly ease back into using it fully again. You have survived yet another problem, but might I suggest bubble wrap in the future?"  What the hell did you just say EunMi?

"Perfect...in a week let's celebrate my healed foot..with a date."

"Aish...you are quite persistent, but....aniyo. Here is your discharge papers and instructions, take care Mr. Kim. I hope to not see you back here again." EunMi smiled, knowing deep down she kind of hoped she would.

"No promises." 5Zic said as he got himself together and wrote a quick note to EunMi. As he left the room he saw one of her fellow doctors. "Hi, could you do me a favor and make sure Dr. Lee gets this? It's quite important."

"Sure, sir." The Dr. Kang said heading towards the break room that EunMi was hiding resting in. "EunMi, some patient gave this to me and said to make sure you got it, it sounds like it's awfully important." He said placing the note in her hand. EunMi simply scoffed then sat it in front of her, avoiding opening it. 

It can't hurt to open it, it's just a note.

Yah from him.

So you think. What if it's from that little old lady you treated for the flu.

Not likely.

It's just a note, it won't bite you, just open it. Come on, you know you want to.

Shut up you.

You who? You me? You are yourself ya know...this is your own voice.

Even if EunMi put up a hard front, deep down she was like anyone else. She wanted to be loved and meet someone that would turn her whole world upside down and make her believe that anything was possible. EunMi finally opened the letter and held it in her hands, taking a deep breath preparing herself for what it may say. 

"Dr. Lee,

All I am asking for is one date...to prove to you that not all men are despicable human beings. It's not like I am asking you to marry me or something. Just give me a chance to prove that us males can have a decent side to us. Please? If I don't prove myself, then you have my permission to punish me as you see fit. HOWEVER if I win, I get a second date. Deal? Call me."

5Zic

Puh-lease....he actually thinks he'd win? Oh Mr. Kim you are playing a dangerous game here. I'll beat you...and prove you wrong. Bring it.

 

------First Date-----

"Why would you think that I would want to come do Norebang 5Zic?" EunMi said, walking in beside him, th man who she excitedly reluctantly decided to agree to a date with.

"I heard you singing that night at the hospital. Belting out "Celebrate" at the top of your lungs...figured singing would be fun on our first date." He said, opening the door. So far tonight he'd proved himself to be the gentleman EunMi was sure he was not. He picked her up early, surprised her with flowers, and even opened the car door. At dinner, he pulled out her chair, asked her questions and intently listened to her answers. And on top of all of that he made it clear his intentions...letting her know that he liked her and wanted to date her. EunMi remained a little shut off though, still keeping her wall up that she'd built to protect her from the slime balls of the world.

"You are ridiculous. I don't sing." She said as they entered their room.

"Sure you do miss I-like-to-sing-kpop-songs- at work." 

EunMi gave in and allowed herself to embrace her date's plan. While she couldn't admit it to herself, she was very drawn to him. Sure, he was her bias and all, but the more she spent time with him, the more she thought maybe he could win...though she wouldn't allow it. After several rounds of songs, EunMi found herself sitting on a couch in their room actually cuddling up to him and feeling...content. 

5Zic chuckled to himself, realizing he was about to win and get his second date.

"What?" EunMi said sitting up and shooting him a look of disgust. 

"Just chuckling at the thought of winning...that's all." He said.

"Aniyo, you won't be winning. Sure, you've done everything I've asked for and wanted, but for all I know this is all a front."

"A front? Oh EunMi, you have got to lighten up, not every guy is a complete dirt bag, just most. You told me tonight I was your favorite in M.I.B...then surely you've done some research on me and know me a little...do you actually think I would be doing all this for you and not be sincere."

"Well...maybe...yes...no...I don't know...I'm confused. I was doing just fine in my life until you had to come into it. I was fine being single and swearing of men and relationships, but no you had to come in and just start being all cute and handsome and making me go weak in the knees and swoon and...." EunMi couldn't talk anymore, because 5Zic had stopped her...with his lips.

What the hell...he's...he's...he's kissing me. Hey, this isn't so bad...he's pretty decent. 

Why are you talking to yourself while you are kissing this hot man, shut up you!

Man, I could get use to this.

He won didn't he? He totally wins...dammit.

"There...now...what do you have to say Miss Lee?" 5Zic said, sitting back quite satisfied with himself. 

EunMi smiled and said the only thing she could. "Fine. You win!"