Part 2

Memory of the Wind
A/N: Okay, it's 3:30 in the morning and I'm on my phone, but here this is. Not much of an ending. Sorry. I promise better writing and something nicer for these two in my second fic.

-

The previous day had been a good one for the group, Eunkwang thought as he glanced around the living area of the apartment, members milling about. They'd just finished an early dinner, and the sun outside was slowly descending. By some form of miracle, or maybe it was just sympathy from their managers, they had had a schedule-free Monday and not much to do this day either. It came at a good time, too, as the following morning would be the day they needed to buckle down and put all of their energy into preparing for their next comeback and mini-album. Practically two days of rest and free time had left the members feeling refreshed and with high spirits.

"Well, most of them," Eunkwang thought as he walked into the shared bedroom to check on his sleeping dongsaeng. Changsub must have stayed a bit too long at the park with Seungheon, because he'd spent most of this Tuesday lying in bed or barely responsive.

"Really?" Ilhoon had remarked earlier, "He practices too much, he gets sick. He's stressed, he gets sick. We take a break, he gets sick! Managers sure aren't gonna be happy with him," but Hyunsik had sent a glare his way to hush him up as Eunkwang spoke to the five members in the room with himself.

"I'll talk with the managers, so don't worry about it. Let's just help him get back to full health." They didn't doubt his ability to handle the situation. He might have been appointed as leader to keep the members in line, but they respected his position due to his ability to deal with the managers in a way that seemed straightforward and without raising suspicion yet still get away with a lot.

Thoughts brought back to the present, Eunkwang walked towards Changsub's bed, the bottom bunk across the room from the doorway he had just walked through. The younger boy was curled up under his blankets and facing the wall. He wanted to be a good hyung and help him, give him some more blankets, make him some soup, something to help him get better, but seeing him so pitiful like that, he got a little lost in thought, thinking of that he may have screwed up. He hadn't meant to get so close to Minhyuk. Whatever they had was moving too fast for him to comprehend, but he didn't want to stop it. Only, looking at Changsub, he felt a strong sense of guilt running through him. They'd never gone back to being as close friends as they were before, and he may just be making it worse with the Minhyuk thing, if the other had noticed it. He really didn't know what to do, so he just reached out a hand to pat his shoulder, saying, “Get lots of rest. Just tell me if you need anything."

He was starting to pull back when he felt Changsub move and place a hand on his own, struggling through a sore throat to speak. “Don't worry, Hyung. I'll be fine. You don't need to think about me." Changsub definitely couldn't read his thoughts, he was sure of that, but the distant sadness in the boy's voice made Eunkwang question if they were still talking about a cold. Before he said anything in response, his hand was pushed away, and Changsub snuggled further into his blankets, muttering something that sounded like, “G'night".

Eunkwang walked out of the room, turning off the light and closing the door. The other members were starting a movie, and he sat on the floor with them, resting his head on Minhyuk's shoulder. He knew he was being hypocritical but also that he'd thrown his feelings for Changsub out a long time ago. He wouldn't be able to love him as he once did again, and they'd probably never be able to talk about their past with each other, but he owed the other boy a lot, and he'd do whatever he could to repay that, as a friend.