My sister is a sasaeng

Starstruck

Seohyun, my older sister, was jumping up and down as she talked to her friend Sooyoung about TVXQ, the wonderful Max Changmin and U-know Yunho, hallyu wave super stars; The Rising Gods of The East, Asia’s treasures. Apparently 'someone told someone who heard from someone who heard from someone that Shim Changmin was going out with Im YoonA, Korea’s sweetheart. I was listening to music, my favorite band CNBLUE. She was pacing as she giggled and chuckled at whatever Sooyoung was saying. I didn't say anything until she started laughing loudly and obnoxiously as she tried to get my attention.

"Minho!" I yelled, throwing my earphones off. He came in a room, a Nutella sandwich sticking out of his mouth. I pointed to Seohyun and raised my eyebrows at him. He rolled his eye and walked up to her, swallowing his sandwich. He tapped her shoulder and gestured to his ear. She rolled her eyes in the same way and told Sooyoung that she had to go. She looked at me at exasperated and strutted out of the room. Minho and I rolled our eyes at her dramatics.

Minho and I had a pack. He would get Seohyun out of the room when she was having a TVXQ talk, which was most of the time, and I would get her to stop talking about everything else; which was usually making fun of our lack of social life.

"Minho! Seohyun! Victoria! Suitcases!" dad yelled from downstairs as he hulled my duffle bags, Minnie's back packs and Seohyun's many suitcases up the stairs. Mom was right behind him with the laundry saying, "Come pick out your clothes and get packed; we're leaving for the airport right after school tomorrow."

Seohyun squealed as she pranced back into the room. She went to basket and began looking through it and throwing stuff that wasn't hers on the couch, saying "No, no, ew, no." Then squealed again, holding up a colorful blouse. "In less than twenty-four hours I'll be in Seoul where Changmin lives!" her face turned into distress. "What if he picks me up at the airport?" Her eyes went dreamy.

"Why would he do that?" Minho asked as I pulled some banana milk out of the fridge.

"Ah, I'm an original Cassiopeia, I follow his minute by minute twitter posts and I RT and favorite and reply and message him every day." I raised my eyebrows at her. "Trust me, he wants to meet me."

"More like get a restraining order” Minho muttered as he stole my glass of banana milk. I made an attack to grab it as I giggled.

As mom walked back into the room, Seohyun turned to her and whined as she asked, "Is it too late for me to be an only child?"

Mom looked at her for a moment. Then she nodded. "Yes." And turned away from her middle daughter.

"Then can I please stay home?" I begged, approaching a subject that Minho and I continued to bring up.

Mom turned away from whatever paper work she was doing, her eyes sincerely apologetic, but there was no way of  moving her. "No."

"Why not?" Minho asked.

"Because your Grandma Choi hasn't seen you in two years."

"Plus you're both minors and that would be illegal." Dad commented as he walked into the room from behind us to help mom. Minho and I rolled our eyes. Of course Choi Joong Lee, prosecutor of Los Angeles district would point out that leaving us at home would be illegal. He was strait as a dictator when it came to the law, and though sometimes we could convince mom of stuff, Dad would always bring up the consequences for breaking that law, how it would end with us in jail yada yada yada.

"Everybody shhh," Seohyun said as she stared at the TV screen, and held her hand up as if to silence us. "She might find TVXQ, especially Changmin." She said as she turned up the volume to her favorite Korean celebrity news network, Star Struck while the host began to talk.

"The unstoppable TVXQ  picked up six music association awards last night, just in time for their new CD to drop – wow – double platinum." Seohyun swooned as I walked up behind her to watch. "I caught up with our favorite superstars on the red carpet."

The image changed to Changmin and Yunho with the host hand holding the micro phone inbetween them. Even I, who truly could not be less of a fan of them, swooned a little at their appearance. I was especially mesmerized by Changmin’s appearance. He had clean styled curly hair that covered his forehead, and a beautiful face. My favorite feature however, was his big eyes. I like guys with big eyes. Even if I could only see his shoulders and up because of the camera position, I knew from the posters covering my sister’s walls that his body was muscular but not bulky; and completely y. His voice was like velvet as he spoke. "Well, first we'd like to say thank you so much for buying the records and coming to our concerts. You're the reason we love what we do, ah, you guys are the best fans in the world. Thank you."

Seohyun was still watching the screen as she said to herself, "They’re so amazing."

I rolled my eyes and said "They're definitely not that amazing," as I watched the screen top.

"Uh, they are amazing. And if you knew them, like I know them you wouldn't say that." The whole time she said that, she was making hand gestures and dramatic faces. I rolled my eyes again.

"Hello? We live in LA. You don't know them." I said.

"But I do. I know everything about them," she whispered. She smiled. "I know where they work, eat, shop, live and party." She sighed. "They are so amazing."

"Sure they are, Seohyun. Sure they are," Minho said as he lifted the carton to his lips. Before taking a gulp he whispered, "God she’s such a sasaeng" I giggled, and then I realized that he was drinking my banana milk! Only I drink my banana milk like that! I ran over to tackle him, but mom got in my way.

"Don't even think about it Victoria," she snapped, then turning to Minho, "You know better than that!" and snatched my contaminated banana milk from Minho to put back in the fridge. I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed.