Chapter 44

A Twisted Fairytale

"Appa, i'm home." Haneul greeted. She didn't intend to ask him about the box. He wouldn't want to tell her anything anyway.

"How was your day at school?" He smiled.

"Fine, i guess." She nodded before heading to her room. She needed to wait for appa to go to work before she would be able to open that box.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Baro smiled as he flipped through a scrapbook he had made with their photos. Memories started filling his mind and before he knew it, tears had begun rolling down his cheeks.

"Why am i crying?" He laughed bitterly and wiped his tears away.

"I need to start packing." He got up and started to put his belongings into a large cardboard box. He paused and stared at the stuffed toy from Lotte World.

"What am i supposed to do with this?" He sighed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sooyoung gently knocked on Haneul's door. "Haneul, are you there?"

"What is it?" Haneul mumbled sleepily while she opened the door. "It's 2 in the morning!"

"I...Baro's leaving in 2 - no, a days' time." Sooyoung sighed. "I meant to tell you earlier, but i guess i'm nothing but a coward."

"It doesn't matter, Hwamin told me." Haneul stifled a yawn. "She told me to open a box that appa's trying to keep away from me."

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know he would move to America. This is all my fault, i kept saying you weren't ready and i didn't want to tell you..." Sooyoung buried her face in her hands.

"Sooyoung!" Haneul placed her hands on Sooyoung's shoulders. "Everything's fine. I just need to open that box."

"But what if you don't remember after opening that box?" Sooyoung asked worriedly.

"Then perhaps the time isn't right yet." Haneul gave a small smile. "You can leave now, i want to sleep." She gave Sooyoung a small nudge. Sooyoung nodded and left.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ahjussi, can you help me give this to Haneul?" Baro handed over a large cardboard box.

"Of course. You're leaving soon, aren't you?" Appa took the box.

Baro nodded. "I was supposed to leave tomorrow, but i figured i'd leave earlier...tonight."

Appa nodded. "Okay then."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Haneul..." Appa knocked on the door.

"Ne?" Haneul asked.

"You should open this." He handed her 2 boxes. One from him, one from Baro.

"Ah..." Haneul took the boxes from him and sat down on the bed.

"Baro changed his mind. He's leaving tonight." Appa said before leaving the room.

Haneul stared at the boxes quietly. "Why is everyone telling me Baro's leaving?" She opened appa's box first. The first thing she spotted was her handphone. She hurriedly tried to unlock it, but there was a password. Haneul immediately called Sooyoung.

"Sooyoung ah, what's my phone password?"

"Try 0805." Sooyoung replied before hanging up.

"0805..." she typed it in and the phone unlocked. Smiling at her success, she went to look at the call log and messages. "They're all from Baro..." she went to her gallery and found photos of them too.

"Aish, what is this?" She opened the other box and found a large scrapbook. Frowning slightly, she opened it and looked at every entry. There were words beneath each photograph. Each entry was like a tidal wave, bringing back so many memories.

Haneul's head started hurting more and more, but she forced herself to continue looking. She needed to remember.

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she looked at the last entry. It was written in his neat handwriting 'Haneul ah, i don't know if you'll remember our relationship, and i don't know of your feelings towards me anymore, but i'm still going to say this... i love you, i really do. What happened to you broke my heart. It hurt me so much to see you within my sight, yet i can't go close to you because you no longer remember me. The weird thing is that you remembered everyone but me... After that i decided to stay away from you because i thought it might be better for you not to remember me. After all, you're in this state because of me. I'm a coward, i can't even bring myself to tell you this in person. I'm leaving tonight... Incheon airport at 10pm. We'll meet again if we're fated to be together.'

Haneul glanced at the clock. It was already 9pm. Breathing heavily, she grabbed her phone and wallet and dashed out of the house.

 

 

Okay, i know i'm evil not telling you the rest of the story. I'm rather busy making gifts for my friends before we part. I bet more than half of us won't be in the same class next year. Which is sad because i really love all my lovely friends. :"(

Anyway, the grand finale will be posted either tomorrow or Thursday. I'll have to see how dejected i am from my results. I'll be getting back some papers tomorrow and i feel super worried because i didn't find any paper easy. ::>_<:: WIsh my luck~!