Last Goodbye

Goodbyes Are Always Hard

"So....I graduated."

"Yea..."

There was an awkward silence between them. Sometimes they were the best of friends, but sometimes there would be too many awkward silences between them. "Uhm. We won't be seeing each other again" he said.

"Yea...." She sighed. "Well, I guess we have to say bye."

"Yup." Why did I sound so cheerful? he thought.

"Well then, bye. Good luck with college and stuff."

"Thanks. You too."

They walked their seperate ways. "I should have said better goodbye" they both thought.

They were surprised when they saw each other on the bus the next week. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I came here for second period but the teacher said that there was no attendence taken so I just left."

"Me too! How funny we met each other again." They both laughed a little bit.

There was that awkward silence again. "So...Where are you going?" he asked her.

"Places. Probably gonna play some basketball. What about you?"

"No where. I'm probably going to go look for my friend and walk around."

"Ahh...Sounds...interesting." Another silence. They both got off the last stop together. They walked to the large parking lot where they would go their seperate ways. "Uhh. So yea. Bye." She turned around to walk away. It was painful just to look at him and say that again.

He grabbed her arm. "Wait. I-I need to tell you something." She turned back to him, confused. What did he have to tell her that was so important now? "Look... If...if you were older...I would have asked, but you're not. You're too young and for someone like me, it would be taking an advantage. So...." He took a deep breath. "I'm not going to ever see you again. But please know that I like you. I really really liked you."

She was in shock. He liked her? For real? It made her feel all giddy inside just to hear those words. "I liked you too. But...didn't you hate me? I thought I scared you away..."

He laughed. "Never. You are beautiful. You will never be able to scare me."

They both began laughing. She smiled up at him. But then she frowned. What was she doing? This was only going to hurt more in the end. He's leaving...  He seemed to realize that too. They both stopped laughing. Their eyes begged each other to say something, anything. To never let this moment end.

She finally closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh. "Goodbye." she whispered. "I'm going to miss you..." I will not cry she thought. I will absolutely not cry.

"Goodbye..." They both awkwardly hugged. They stepped away from each other. Go, their minds said. Go now, before it hurts later.

She thought about it one last time. Just one more moment with him to keep in her memories. She ran to his arms for one last hug. "I am sorry. But just one more..." He held her in a tight embrace. Her hands moved up to his face and she surprised both of them by kissing him. It was a soft peck on the lips, but it meant the world to them. She began tearing.

Shoot, she thought. This wasn't supposed to happen. He gave her a small smile. His hands came up to her face and wiped some of her tears away. "I think I fell in love with you..." They both gave a short small chuckle. His lips were on her forehead. He held them there as long as he dared before stepping back. "Goodbye."

"Goodbye." They both turned around before they could do something else. Don't look back, they thought. Continue foward.

I love you they thought together before disappearing from each other's lives.

 

I'm sorry. I just had to write this. Now i feel all sad. I was going to start crying while I wrote this. I hope its not too bad for you guys. Comments are welcome, no matter what. :D

And remember to say the best goodbye before its too late...