First Battle

Battle of the Prince and Princess

"Why are they arguing over something so childish?" whispered Yamada's best friend, Nakaijima Yuto.


Sensei flared, but then exhaled. "Kuno-san."

Harumi looked up to see sensei.

"May you please sit down next to Yamada Ryosuke-san, he's right in front of you," said sensei

"Yes."

Harumi sat down onto her seat and placed her bag next to her chair. She took out her school supplies and placed them onto her desk. Harumi crossed her legs and placed he hands on her lap while leaning back on her chair.

"Yamada-san and Kuno-san look like a princess and prince sitting next to eachother like that," someone whispered.

"I totally agree," another replied.

"Ehem," sensei cleared . "Kuno-san, let's have a proper introduction, please introduce yourself once more."

Harumi nodded and stood up. "Kuno Harumi desu~ yoroshiku." Harumi bowed and sat back down.

"Good," said sensei. "Since you're new here, let's have someone to tour you around the school grounds."

Students started to whisper and you can hear giggles from the boys. 

"Sensei! I want to do it!" one boy shouted.

"Forget him! Let me do it!!" another boy yells.

Sensei rolls her eyes and scans the classroom but stops at one particular girl. "Tsubaki-san, can you please show Kuno-san aroud?"

"Sure, I would love to!" Tsubaki-san said cheerfully.

Harumi looked over at this girl Tsubaki. She had medium lengthed black hair, dark eyes and cute teeth that aren't perfectly straight. 

"Is that okay with you Kuno-san?" asked sensei.

"Perfectly fine with it," replied Harumi.


"Ne~ Harumi-chan, let's have lunch together," said Tsubaki-san as she approached Harumi.

Harumi looked up at her from her desk. "Tsubaki-san was it?" she asked.

"Yes but you can call me Kana or Kana-chan, whatever way you like it," Kana smiled.

"Alright. Gomenesai Kana-chan," said Harumi. "but I would like to eat alone today."

Kana looked disappointed. "Oh ok." she walked away.

Harumi placed her books into her bag. She left the classroom for lunch but found herself on the school roof.

It's not that bad here, I guess I could eat here instead, thought Harumi. She sat down against a cement wall and took out her bento. Inside was really healthy food. She asked her personal chef last night to wrap up something organic and delicious for school days, it was worth it because it tastes delicious.

"That looks quite good," said a bored voice. "Are you an ojou-sama or something?"

Punch!  Harumi punched the person.

"Oww!" said the voice . "What was that for?"

"Gomen, you suprised me so my arm acted on its own," said Harumi.

Yuto was still rubbing his arm. Did it hurt that much? thought Harumi. 

"It's your fault for popping out of nowhere," said Harumi casually.

"What do you mean popping out of nowhere, I was here before you," he replied.

Harumi rolled her eyes. "Whatever..."

"It's okay, you hitting me is okay," said Yuto. "Totally okay,"

Harumi stopped chewing her food and looked up at Yuto. "Are you mocking me?" 

"Not at all, by the way, I'm Nakajima Yuto, call me Yuto."

"Do you mind?" asked Harumi. "I'm trying to eat here and you're disrupting my meal."

"I was here first though," Yuto shot back.

Well, he was there first. Harumi picked up her stuff and sat at another corner on the roof, enjoying her meal like a perfect ojou-sama.


"Harumi-chan!"

Harumi turned around to see Kana rushing towards her.

"I finally found you!" Kana said, breathing heavily. "Let's do the tour now since school's done."

Harumi nodded and proceeded with Kana. They passed the school library, the cafeteria, washrooms, different classrooms and a lot more. During middle of the tour, Kana told Harumi that everyone sees Yamada and her as the the princess and prince of the school. The school is really big. The last thing Kana was suppose to introduce last was the field.

"And this is the field," said Kana pointing. 

Harumi looked down and she sees a group of boys playing soccor. Yamada and Yuto were also there.

"Ehhh!!! It's Yuto-kun and Yama-chan!!" Kana bursted out.

Harumi looked away from Kana and towards the field, only to see Yamada kick the ball into the net. Kana squealed.

"Oh my gosh! We should go down there!" Kana sugguested.

Harumi took a step back but Kana grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the field below.

The boys took a short break and drank water by the sides. 

"Good shot Yamada," a boy with crooked teeth said as he highfived Yamada's hand.

"Thanks," he replied. He felt proud of himself.

"Oi Oi! Isn't that the new transfer student girl!" one of Yamada's team members said aloud. He was pointing towards Harumi and Kana

"Yeah thats her! Umm... Kuno Harumi-san right?" another member responded."Kawai, I heard about her today. They said she was pretty but I didn't think that they meant that she was this pretty!"

Yamada turned around to where pointed at. His eyes widened to see Harumi walking towards them with Kana.

"What are you doing here?" asked Yamada walking towards them.

"Am I not allowed to be here?" Harumi asked.

"I don't enjoy seeing you here," said Yamada coldly.

One of Yamada's team members wrapped his right arm around Yamada's shoulder. "Well I do!"

Yamada kicked the boy's leg lightly and he winced.

"Anyhow, please leave. You're disrrupting our game," said Yamada.

"Ehhhh?" said Kana as she looked at Harumi.

"Are we such a bother to you?" asked Harumi. "A strong player wouldn't mind some audience would he?"

"Of course not!" shot Yamada.

"Then let's see you play," Harumi said nonchlantly.

"Alright," replied Yamada. "Don't be suprised to see how amazing my skills are."

Yamada and the other players rushed back to the field. Yuto was part of the blue team and Yamada was part of the red. Yamada started off with the ball and dribbled by himself towards the opposite net but was cornered. Somehow he managed to slip between two players and made his way towards the net. 

"Yamada-san! Pass over here!"  a voice shouted.

No way, thought Yamada. He took a shot and expected it to go in but all of a sudden, the ball was intercepted by Yuto.

"Iyaaaa! Yuto-kun!" screamed Kana. 

Harumi couldn't hold it in anymore, she was about to let it out any moment now. Kana noticed it.

"Doue Harum-chan? You're acting kind of weird..." said Kana.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Kami-sama don't kill me!!" Harumi was laughing so hard she held onto her stomach. Everyone stopped what they were doing an looked over at Harumi. She kept on looking at Yamada. What is she laughing about?? thought Yamada. He signaled for a time out and he ran over to Harumi.

"Hey! What's so funny?" he asked her.

"You," she replied. "You just made a fool out of yourself out there."

What is she talking abo-wait, is she talking about my fail attempt to score? thought Yamada.

"What fool?" 

"Don't play dumb Yamada-san, you totally looked like an idiot out there, amazed by your skills you said," Harumi said. "You sure did all right. Even I could do better then that."

Yamada knew right away that she was making fun of him. He was furious with her but an idea came up.

"Let's see you play then, one on one. If you're up for it," he smirked. 

"Sure let's do it," Harumi said calmly. "I could totally win."

"Chotto- Harumi-chan, you're going up against Yama-chan, captain of the boys soccor team," said Kana worriedly. "Are you sure?"

"Daijoubou, I know what I'm doing," replied Harumi.

Yuto looked at Harumi and smiled slightly. 

All the members got off the field to let the two play their game.

"Yosh! let's do this!" he shouted.

Yamada dribbled his way towards the other side of the field. Harumi blocked his way. He slipped the ball through her legs and it suceeded. 

Hmmmph, so she's just all talk, thought Yamada.

Harumi smirked and ran up to catch up with Yamada. She was right beside him now. 

Damn she's fast, thought Yamada.

Harumi ran away from Yamada to near the side of the net. Yamada looked confused but it didn't bother him. Yamada dribbled the ball towards the net and took a shot but it was intercepted by Harumi who came from the side.

Everyone's mouth dropped open. So did Yamada who was stunned as he was caught by the same trick again. While Yamada just stood there for a good three seconds. Harumi stole the ball and ran as fast as she could towards Yamada's net. She took a shot but it was blocked by Yamada with his thigh but it rebounded and the ball was in the air. Harumi took this chance to jump into the air and did a flip to kick the ball into the net. It went in. Yamada was in deep shock.

Everyone clapped. 

"Sugoi Kuno-san!"  the guy with the crooked teeth named Hikaru said. "That was a bicycle kick!"

Harumi smiled. "I know."

"That was so cool!" Kana said.

Yuto smirked and walked up to Yamada who was still standing in the middle of the feel shockd.

"She's really gotten you there, did she?" laughed Yuto. "Don't worry, there will always be a next time buddy."

Yamada couldn't believe it. A girl has beaten him. Nobody has ever beaten him like this way before. Especially from a girl he NOW hates so much. He's totally gonna be the talk of the crowd soon because he saw some people watching from before. 


It was already dark when Harumi got home. She took a shower and prepared herself for dinner. She walked down the staircase to the dining room to find her parents sitting, waiting for her.

"Otou-sama, Oka-sama," she said.

"Harumi," her mother greeted. "How do you do?"

"I'm doing well," replied Harumi. "Thank you for asking."

The chef walked in with a cart and placed their meals onto their table. 

"Arigatou, Showa-san," thanked Harumi.

The chef looked delighted to see that she remembers his name.

"You're welcome, Ojou-sama." he said before he left towards the kitchen.

"Harumi," her father started. "Your mother and I would like you to attend a special ball regarding a sucessful project my partner and we started."

"You mean Yamada & Co?" Harumi asked.

"Yes," her mother replied.

"And also, we found your suitable partner for this ball, his name is Yamada Ryosuke, my partner's son," her father said.

Harumi was about to swallow her food when it got caught.

"Ojou-sama!" the maid rushed over and handed her a drink. Harumi swallowed and the food went down. Harumi straightened herself up.

"Ehhhh!!!! Nani!!" she yelled.

Meanwhile...

"Kuno Corporations?" asked Yamada.

"Yes Ryosuke," his father said. "So we would like you to attend the ball."

"By the way, we want you to go with Kuno-san's daughter for the ball," said Yamada's mother. 

"Who's his daughter?" asked Yamada taking a sip of his drink.

"Kuno Harumi-san," said his father.

Cough...Cough cough....

Yamada was choking on his drink. His mother's eyes shot up.

"Ryosuke!" her voice was sounded worried.

"Ryosuke-sama!" one of the butlers came over to pat his back.

"Chotto- Kuno...Harumi??!" he blurted out.

"Yes..." his father said slowly


END OF CHAPTER 1


((Hope you like it ^_^ NOTE: Not proofread))