Late

Bicycle

 

"Don't be late!"
 
“Yeah mom, see you after school!” you shouted with a waffle in mouth. Your mother replied an incoherent response before the front door was completely shut, and then you were sent off on your way to school. You knew it was along the lines of “don’t talk with your mouth full” but you couldn’t help it since you were in a rush.
 
It was seven thirty-six, as shown on your phone. You picked up your pace in order to catch the bus, clutching on tighter at the straps to your sides. Shoving the waffle into your mouth, mumbling about wanting to have some milk with that.
 
Unfortunately for you, the bus just passed the stop while you were too busy grumbling.
 
“No!” You ran after the bus, dropping your breakfast. But by the time you reached the bus stop, it was already way out of reach. With your head hung low, your heavy steps paced to the waiting bench, sulking at the fact that you had overslept, lost your breakfast, and most importantly missed the ride that would let you stare at Jung Ilhoon the entire trip to school.
 
Hey, who would be able to resist a guy like him anyway? He was nice, handsome, and cool. Just thinking about the way he’d leave his plaid shirts ed with sleek black jeans and headphones to top it off made your heart skip a beat. You had almost fainted yesterday when you clumsily dropped your phone while the bus was swaying fast. He had tapped your shoulder and handed it back to you. The phone background was freaking set on Jung Ilhoon himself! At least he didn’t ask about it. He didn’t seem to mind.
 
"Yo! Where's the bus?" 
 
Lifting your head, you saw Ilhoon with a helmet on. He threw an innocent smile at you which made your mind blank. You were surprised that you didn't miss the bus alone, but with him.
 
"I-it just passed."
 
He frowned. "Really?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"Damn it, my watch must've been messed with again," he muttered.
 
Ilhoon sat down beside you and focused setting his watch right. When you stole a glance at him, he was concentrated with his brows furrowed.
 
"So," he started, catching your attention. "That was me... on your wallpaper yesterday?"
 
Holy crap! He saw it and remembered it.
 
You didn't want to sound like a chicken or anything but you didn't know what to say. The picture was sort of stalker-like, to be honest, for he was sleeping away on the bus when you snapped the photo.
 
Suddenly he suggested that you could hitch a ride on the back of his bike.
 
He brushed off the topic from before. "Want one? It'll only cost five bucks," he joked. 
 
You quickly denied the offer. "I'm too heavy and school is far away." You didn't want to be his burden for the mile long trip. And clumsy as you were, you might say the wrong things and make him hate you forever. In no way were you going to let that happen.
 
"It's not a problem! I have muscles for this!" Ilhoon smiled. "Hop on behind me."
 
You still didn't think it was right but you got on anyway. He pushed his bicycle forward and you almost fell off the bike.
 
"Hey, hold onto me!" he commanded.
 
You hesitated to wrap your arms around his waist, but did it anyway. In the way you did so, your arms were barely touching his body. You didn't want to give him a big bear hug (though you did wish to) and scare him away. You held on tight when he came to an abrupt stop, feeling his toned torso in the process.
 
Ilhoon turned to face you. "We're going down a hill, so are you going to hug me tight?"
 
His distance from you was way too close. Too close. Your cheeks were heating up, and he just had to point it out.
 
He smirked. "You like me."
 
"..."
 
Ilhoon turned to his pocket and fished out his phone. You didn't really look until he showed you his home screen of you.
 
"Well, guess what. I like you too, and screw school, I'm taking you on a bicycle date right now."