01

Late Autum
an angel
chapter 1
Daehyun stretched out his arms to slam off the annoying alarm, untangling himself from the pillow he was cuddling against. The pillow has taken place of his wife after she left. At first, when the pain was raw and her scent was still lingering he would pretend the will was her. Holding the pillow close to him, sometimes even the sides as his tears stained the pillow. But those days have passed, and now it was just habit. Like breathing, just a habit. Something you automatically do everyday.
 
Daehyun yawned and rubbed at his face, battling to get rid of the tiredness that wanted to take over his body. It was the first day of the new school year and as excited as he was, he just wanted to turn back over and lose the battle, going back to sleep for a few more hours. Daehyun glaced over at the clock "Ahh, it's 7. Lets go Dae. Go teach those students" Daehyun groaned to himself and lazily pushed himself out of his bed. He isn't sure why or when he started to mentally prepped himself. It was something his wife did. I guess it is another thing to add to his habit list. 
 
The man moved to the kitchen as fast as his body was willing to go. Which isn't all that fast, he will still fighting the battle with sleep. Daehyun made himself something to eat before showering and getting ready for the day. At long last Daehyun stood in front of the coffee table, looking at all the things he needed for the day, making sure he didn't forget anything. "All school papers: check. Lunch: check. Ahhh, coffee!" He grinned brightly and moved to the kitchen to make himself coffee to take with him. Once he was finished he grabbed his things and left his him, locking the door before getting in his car, taking off to the school.


□ □ ■ □ □

Daehyun never saw an angel before, never knew they existed. Not until he stood there, staring at his dead wife, Youngjoo. She was just as beautiful as he remembers, though, she did look slightly younger then the last time he saw her. Daehyun didn't mind, it looked like his wife, and he will embrace these few moments of her. There was one thing that confused him though. Why wasn't she looking at him? She is simply walking past him. Not even a glance in his direction. In all the stories he has read and the shows that he has watched, the angle of a dead love one was walking towards you, a smile on their face, white clothes on and light shining from behind. Though, she did have a smile and it was beautiful, it wasn't towards him. Which confused him even more. Daehyng knit his brows together, trying to figure out why.
 
While in mid-thought, Daehyun didn't notice the kids entering the school. Which concluded into being a problem when he was knocked from behind, causing him to loose grip of his papers and ended them being scattered onto the tiled floor. He sighed heavily and bent down, thanking everything that he didn't loose his lunch and more importantly his coffee. He glaced up to look for his wife once again, only to have his view blocked by a familier face of a student. He let out a soft groan when he focused on the face, noticing it was the one student he didn't want to start his morning of seeing.
 
"Mr. Jung! I am so terribly sorry!" The girl pouted, trying to be cute. She always clung onto him since they met in her first year, he was her homeroom teacher. Daehyun didn't like it. She was a student for God's sake! Thing he thought made it worse was that she was too obvious about it. It was almost like she held up a red sign.
 
Daehyun let out a huge sigh internally. His wife always laughed and joked about it, she always made it easier. "It is alright Miss. Tiffany. Just be careful next time." Daehyun forced out a friendly smile at her, and she smiled back, batting her eye lashes in a flirtatous way.
 
"I have Literature first! Are you teaching that class" Tiffany stood up with him, flatting her skirt down. Daehyun just internally rolled is eyes. It was a class he has taught before, so she probably took it to be in his class
 
"No. I am teaching English first." Daehyun looked away when she pouted again, looking like she was going to cry. Daehyun looked for his wife once again, but she was long gone. The warning bell rang and he turned back to the female student who looked like she was about to say something. "Get to class Tiffany." He said before moving away, finally able to go to his classroom and away from her.
 
Daehyun entered the room and placed his things down. There were already a few students in the room, and he smiled to them, telling them good morning before turning the the chalk board behind him. He carefully wrote down the course information, unaware of the students filing in.
Author's
NOTE
subscribe
upvote
share!
So, to those who have read this before 3/15/2014, you will notice that I redone most of it. I wanted to start freash and make it better! And each chapter from here on out will be in either Daehyun's or Larua's pov, not both like before. I am hoping it is better. I have been reading things and making my writing skills better. So I hope its okay O3O.
xoxo,
lee-kenny