[1]

Truth

I observed him ever so closely as he paces across the living area, going back and forth from his room to the door. I shot a sideways glance to the entrance to see his ever so perfect partner. There he was, smiling and ruffling Mingyu’s hair and Mingyu too sent him a smile with an equal amount of value. Bastard. I love to see him smile, it's the most perfect thing that would happen, but the smile that I was longing for is always for somebody else. Somebody else other than me. It's not that I hate Seungcheol or something, I just don't like the fact they were too close, even for a friendly relationship. I'm not jealous either, not that I admit even if I am, but everyday I feel that my chance in confessing to Mingyu gets slimmer and slimmer, and maybe the time will come that there aren't any chances at all especially when fans are already starting to create this so-called ‘shippings’. I always knew Mingyu and Seungcheol pairing are more popular than he and I, but I’m trying my best to not be affected by something as small as this however, sometimes no matter how hard you deny it, you just can’t change the fact of what has happened. It makes me depress just by thinking it, and so I stood up and headed to my shared bedroom with him. As I entered the room, the smell of Mingyu sweeps over me and I inhale every amount of it. I lied down and stared at the wall, several unimportant things running through my mind making me feel a little tired.

"Wonwoo!" I shot my eyes open when I heard a familiar voice call for me. I lifted my head just enough for me to peek at the door and saw Mingyu's head poking out.

"I'm going out with Seungcheol. Tell the others when they get back, alright? Thanks!"

And with that, he gave me a smile, not the smile that I loved, but it's atleast somehow closer to that.

‘Yeah. Sure. Bastard.’

I let out an annoyed sigh. How lucky can Seungcheol get? Another date with Mingyu?! I'd exchange anything for that, to be honest. But what can I do. I view Mingyu as the most important person. Of course, Doyoon and the others are important too 'cause they are my friends, but Mingyu is standing on a different level. Higher than them, higher than any of them. But yet, how does Mingyu see me? A friend? A buddy? A teammate? Or worse, just a member? I groaned as another pinch of pain stabbed through me clutching the aching part of my chest and tightly shut my eyes. I couldn't accept it. I just couldn't.

I opened my eyes to see that I was still in the same bed, in the same room. I sat up and observed my surrounding to find an empty bed beside me. The first thing that came through my mind was Mingyu. Where is he? Isn’t he home yet? What about the other members? What time is it? I mentally slapped myself to calm down. Panicking at this time won't solve anything, even a child knows that. I reached up to my side table, and tapped repeatedly on it, an attempt to find my watch. After several tapping, I found it and it was already 11:15pm. This made my worry grow that I think I'll hyperventilate at any given time. I rushed outside the room, and it was still empty. No one is here other than me. Where have the members go? I started to panic again, thinking that what if something has happened to them, and I'm not there to help? I feel tears crawling up my eyes, and I instantly wiped it off to avoid it from falling down. I sniffed as I walked across the living room, it was dark and scary to say the least. And trust me, I was starting to imagine things that I'm sure anyone could hear my heart thumping forcibly outside my chest.... and my breath hitched as a hand grabbed hold of my forearm.

I continuously wave my arm hard, an attempt to untangle the foreign hand that was gripping my arm. I'm sure I was about to cry and punch the unknown until another hand covered my mouth, shushing me. I quieted down in confusion and 'focusly' stare at the person. Little by little, the image became known and I let out a sigh of relief when I figured out who it was.

"Oh my god, Mingyu. Do not ever do that again." I told him tapping my heart, as it was still racing. I sat on the sofa to relax myself while wiping my sweat. I then looked at him, "Where have you been? It's already late. Moreover, where are the others?". I was honestly and exceptionally glad that Mingyu is already here, but I'm still concerned for the others.

I caught Mingyu frowning at me when I asked the last question. I wanted to ask him, but chose not to. Patiently waiting for Mingyu to talk, I shifted to get a more comfortable position. I was already lying down with my arms behind my head. And just when I thought that Mingyu won't answer, he started to speak. "I don't know. Why ask me? Maybe they're enjoying the night as you know that tomorrow is our free day." He answered calmly, but something about it was a little off. He sounded so bitter and his voice is low. I was taken aback, to be honest. But I decided to just shrug it off and move on.

"Ok then." I sat up from the sofa. "I just wanted to make sure everyone is okay." And at the same moment, I was arguing with my mind whether I should take the stupid chance or not. For me, this is the right time. We're alone. That basta- I mean Seungcheol is not here. Everyone is not here. Just the two of us, but somehow it feels wrong. Not the perfect moment. I clenched and unclenched my hands still lost somewhere that I didn't notice that Mingyu was already kneeling infront of me. When I snapped back to reality,I jolted a little, surprised that Mingyu was so close. We never had been this close before. Except for practices and sleeping time. I stared into his brown orbs that shimmered under the light of a lamp that has been hanging above enough for us to see each other. I heard my self gulp when he suddenly his lips. Panic started to rise within me, and maybe if not for Mingyu's hands that are pinning my thighs on the sofa, I would run away. The moment was so intense that the atmosphere is choking me every second I breathe. I somewhat needed to distract us and lighten the mood. I'm sure I won't survive if this lasts long.

"Yeah. So.." I released a chuckle, more like a nervous laugh. I scratched at the back of my head while my mind was racing for topics to open. "How was you-.." I cut off at mid-sentence when a pair of soft lips shut mine. I looked at Mingyu and could see the smirk in his eyes. He was teasing me. I always get the hint that he knows my feelings, yet he chose not to ask or confront me about it. As awkward as it was, I could still feel the pain and dejection inside me and it's overwhelming 'causing me to push Mingyu too hard making him thump loudly on the floor. I know I should apologize for my action but it's his fault. I put a hand to cover my mouth. Maybe it took me some minutes before I found my voice again.

"Why did you do that?!" I asked him angrily but my voice wavered at the end of the sentence because of ache. I was trying to hold back my tears not letting them fall in front of Mingyu. I should not show any of my weaknesses to him. I eyed him as he fixed his shirt and returned to his position from last time; kneeling in front of me. I'm a good man, so I let him take his time in explaining. Besides, I want to know the answer too. As impossible as it seems, I couldn't help but feel a little spark inside of me that maybe… just maybe, Mingyu feels the same way too. That he likes me too. Isn’t that beautiful?

"Well.." he flashed his innocent smile. "Basing on what you did a while ago, I assume that you don't know..." he averted his eyes from mine and stared at the floor before continuing. "...that I like you."

Excuse me? I can't believe it. Are my ears defying me? As of now, I'm on the state of denial. I deny everything that I heard. That it was only my mind that's been fooling me. Playing tricks on me, and for the record it isn't funny at all. I kept silent as I don't know how I should react. In fact, I'm loss at words. Not a single thing has been processed in my brain. 

"I take that as a yes." He smiled at me, again. "Want me to prove it?" he then again his lips. Wow, Seungcheol has really influenced Mingyu. I threw a challenge at him saying to convince me. He grinned, proving that he's confident. I closed my eyes before him drawing near. A second passed, and I could feel his lips on mine. It was soft, sweet, and seductive. It made my body yearn for more. The kiss at first was slow and careful, but it then became hungry and aggressive. Though, before he could ask for permission to let his tongue in, I broke the kiss. I earned a whine from him, probably from disappointment. Well, I don't want him to get what he wants that fast. He should work for it. I want to let him know that even though I love him for a very long time and I was waiting for like forever, he just can't get anything that quick from me. Before the atmosphere would become awkward, I decided to ask him.

"Anyway, I thought that you like Seungcheol?". Mingyu gave me a puzzled look, "What do you mean?". I rolled my eyes. Is he trying to play dumb with me? "You two are close and even though others say that you're just friends, I can't force myself to believe it. Your relationship is more than friends. Am I right? So, why did you confess to me?" The question that has been running around my head ever since he declared that he likes me, now free and was surprisingly burden-lifting. "It's true." When I heard that first response, I feel a wave of pain ran through my chest. What? Is he playing with me? Am I that fun to tease? I want to shout these words to him. How could he do that? Does he even know how painful it is? But he continued, despite my twitching face. "I do like him. But only as a friend. He and I believed that we can't like each other more than that. He likes Doyoon, and I like you. You can't force to like someone you know."

I know I'm too easy to be hypnotized by words. But with just this simple explanation, I've completely fallen for him. I'm really glad that he liked me. I'm really glad that he returns my feelings. It's another advantage for me to not confess, 'cause in fact, I don't have the courage to do so. I think it'll take another millennium for me to do it. And I'm mostly glad because from now on, I got to be with him… Maybe not forever, but at least I’m his for now. Though, someone will always divert his attention from me, at least I'm free from doubt that he is mine.

 

1717171717

UGH! Ok, before you say something, I'm so sorry that this story came out bad!!
IDK. first, I'm experimenting a new writing style and I admit that it's pretty difficult. and second, i didn't get inspired while writing this! UGH! asldjsdlkfjdskljf idk. meh. Anyways, i hope it's okay. I think there will be a second chapter, so please wait for it! ^^