Done

Seeing You Again
Seeing you again - Tao (1)

[This scenario was completely based on a recent dream and is 95% fictional]

Four years. It had been almost four years since that day. You could still remember almost every detail. Even with continuing life normally, you could still feel as if a little piece that was missing. You knew well exactly what it was, but something inside you, a stubborn little voice, wouldn’t let you. The memory was still present somewhat clearly.

You had gone to the hospital to visit your mother, who had been feeling sick for the last week. Tao had insisted on taking you there, and you knew he wouldn’t take no for an answer, so there wasn’t really any option left. Your mother and him got along well, so there wasn’t any problem with that neither. Now the both of you were walking out of the hospital. He had been smiling all the time, maybe even more than usual? You didn’t know. All there was left to do was wait. The both of you got in the car and started heading back home.

“Why did you write mailbox on my arm?” You asked, a look of pure curiosity crossing your face.

“Jagi, all you have to do is wait. It’s something for me to know, and for you to find out” He responded with a wink. A full week of running around for him will finally come to an end, and maybe with wonderful results. You just chuckled and shook your head softly.

Minutes of pointless conversations had suddenly turned into a blur. All you could feel was a hand holding you back, a sharp pain on your body, and then everything turned into blackness.

When you had woken up the first thing you saw was your mother, holding your hand. A look of relief had crossed her face as soon as she saw that your eyes had opened.

“I’m glad you’re okay”  She said, wrapping her arms around you on a soft hug.

“Huh? What is..” You asked, the noticing your surroundings. White walls. “Oh…”

“Yeah" 

“And where’s Tao..?”  

Your mother’s gaze shifted to the wall “He’s..”  She scratched her head. “I’m sorry…”  Knowing your feelings towards that word, she avoided mentioning it, and the correct words couldn’t cross her mind. Just those two. All that it took for you to realize what had happened. “The doctors tried all they could… And you were on a coma for four days…”

Your chest tightened and tears were threatening to escape your eyes. “Oh… okay…” You nodded in response, a feeling of emptiness filling you, ironic.

“Do you want to be alone for a moment..?”

This was what you liked about your mom. She could tell when you needed a moment. But, now you wanted someone to be with for at least a bit more, and alone at the same time. Something stupid? maybe. “Could you stay for a bit more…?”

She smiled and nodded.

Now you were alone. Your mother had left a while ago, but said that she would return in the  morning. Left alone with your thoughts, and tears streaming down your face.

After a month and a half, you returned back home, the doctors could have let you go before, but they wanted to make sure that everything was okay. Arriving, you saw the mailbox and remembered his words. You shut your lips on a tight line and slowly walked towards it. The mailbox was full, of course, but there was a blue envelope that stood out. You slowly took it out and carefully opened it.

“My darling,

      I love you. I sure hope that you’re not insecure about that. I want to let you know that you are my sunshine, my only one. Somehow, you found your way to lighten up my days, and make the best out of each one of them. These last three years have been the best, thanks to you. I had always wondered what made you notice me, and develop feelings for me, since I couldn’t quite figure it out myself. But I always shrugged it off, until the day I had asked you. Those were maybe the sweetest words I have ever heard? I shouldn’t be impressed since y’know, you’re pretty sweet yourself, always. Okay. I think I failed at that. Now, to the point of this. During the time that I have been with you, like mentioned before, has been the best of my life. You never cease to surprise me, and in all of this. You made me a bit of a better person, and I thank you for that. After thinking for a while, I’m now sure of it. Now all I would need is your answer. So, what do you think? Will you marry me?

                                                                                               -Tao”

You sighed as you lied down on the bed, getting ready to sleep. Tomorrow would just be another day, right? A small smile appeared on your face as you slowly drifted to sleep, it was hard to get sleep this easily, and this chance wasn’t going to waste.

“Okay so this is it.” Your friend said as the both of you reached the place she had told you about. It seemed like a normal building. Why would she take you there? “I just have to deliver these folders and attend a short meeting, then we can go get ice cream”

You nodded and followed quietly behind her. Where were they anyways? All these surroundings seemed completely foreign to you.

“Now, you can go wherever you want, but don’t go through the baby blue door with designs. It’s off limits to everyone, don’t know why though. See ya later” Alice said with a smile as she opened a door and walked into the room.

For almost an hour you had walked around the building, then returning where the place that Alice had told you to meet in on a text. Everything was nice and organized in there. You had seen the door she had mentioned, and there was a doorman standing next to it. You just kept walking, smiling back briefly at the man standing next to the door. As soon as you arrived in the place Alice had told you, and noticed that she wasn’t alone.

“Hey, this is Roderich and we kind of have something to tell you.” She said with a smile.

“First of all, we’re going to need a specific place to be able to do this. Which is down that hall and then to the left.” He said, fixing his glasses and started walking. The both of you following.

What was this all about?

Roderich stopped a few feet away from a purple door with designs. Wait.

“Wasn’t that door supposed to be baby blue…?” You asked in a whisper to Alice, who just shrugged and motioned for you to pay attention to Roderich, who was now talking to the guy guarding the mysterious door.

“Okay now.” Roderich said, clasping his hands. “I want you to listen and do as he says. And everything will turn out just fine”

All of this had just  turned plain weird. You could just turn your back and walk away. But that door had sparked your curiosity. Besides, why not? Nothing terribly bad could happen… right?

“Hey. I’m Matthias and I’ll just explain things quickly. You’re going to be basically thrown from a 50th floor. All you gotta do is try and stay calm, or at least don’t do anything that could change the angle of your fall. Then there will be a guy waiting for you at the bottom and he will explain the last details.” The blonde said with an enthusiastic smile.

“Wait. What?”

“What you just heard, now go” Alice smiled, motioning her hands for you to go

“Get ready. Good luck.” Matthias said as he pushed you towards the door. There was no floor. You were falling into darkness. Closing your eyes for a brief moment and taking a deep breath, you then opened them again. All of this to be greeted with what felt like an invisible cloud that changed  to multiple colors when you landed..? What the actual was this? What was this supposed to be?

You let out a sigh of relief as you finally landed, completely unharmed. Another mysterious guy was now by your side. By what you had noticed, his face didn’t show any emotion.

“Okay. Once you get in, you have 50 minutes. Then you will go back up. Enjoy.” He said as he motioned for you to pass through the line in front of you.

Everything in there was like a theater. Only that there was actually no one doing anything important. Wait. Was that…? Now you were sure this was a dream. Some of the people in here were dead. Close family that had passed away. What was this?!

As you freaked out internally looking at your surroundings, and everyone in there, a person was walking up to you. Coming back to reality, if you could call it that, you looked up and saw him. Tao was there. Looking like nothing had happened and smiling like he used to.

“Hello, jagi” He said, smiling down at you. “I missed you.”

Now you were more than sure, that this was a ing dream. Words couldn’t go out of your lips. He slowly wrapped his arms around you. Tears were present on the corners of your eyes, allowing themselves to run freely down your face as you laid your head on his chest.

“You look wonderful.”

“Don’t say that.” You answered back with a chuckle, wiping the tears away.

He unwrapped his arms from your waist and gently caressed your cheek “But you do.”

“Shut up.”

“You haven’t changed at all.”

You rolled your eyes and smiled. There were no words to express how you felt at that moment. That’s when you noticed that Tao had been holding something.

“What’s that..?”

“Oh, this?” he asked, holding them out. You nodded in response. “They’re for you…” A shy smile had appeared on his face.

You slowly took the small box and the letter on your hands while looking at them with furrowed eyebrows. Carefully opening the letter, you felt a small pang on your heart. This was that letter. The one from that day. A small nostalgic smile appeared on your face. So then this small box must be the ring…

“I never got to ask you personally, since there was quite a bit of last minute change of plans…” He chuckled softly, scratching the back of his head. “I know I can’t do it now, but, would you accept it as a gift? It would be my way of saying that I will always be doing my best  to protect you from all evil surrounding you. Always remember to keep moving forward with your life and never let yourself be held back by anything. Show that beautiful smile of yours to the world, just like you always did.”

By now tears were once again running freely down your face. Was this even a dream anymore? Everything felt all too real to be one. You slowly opened the box and then closed it, nodding slowly.

“I’ll accept it. Thank you, Tao.”

“You’re welcome.” He said, embracing you again on a hug. Somewhat hesitantly returning it, you felt something wet on your hair. Was he… crying? Pulling away for a bit, you saw him rubbing his eyes quickly and then smiling at you.

“Well, looks like you have to go already” He said looking at a clock nearby.

“Yeah…” You said with a sigh. The fifty minutes had apparently passed by already. “Will this a permanent goodbye…?”

“Only time will say that, so for now, until we meet again, my dear.”

You nodded and started walking away, now heading towards the door, where the doorman  was already waiting for you. Once you reached it, an elevator door opened. You weren’t even going to think about that. No. There was an elevator all the time. And they decided to throw you off of a 50th floor. Just your luck. Then there was suddenly a clash and the elevator stopped.

 

You quickly opened your eyes and shot up from the bed, looking around your room to see if someone was there, but you were alone. With a sigh, you quickly remembered the dream. What was all that about? Everything had felt so real. You could still feel the warmth of that last hug. Deciding to shake it off for now, you stood up and walked towards the kitchen, preparing yourself a cup of coffee and toast.

A little while later there was someone knocking on the door. Wondering who it could be, you stood up and walked to it. When you opened it, no one was there, you looked at the ground and saw a little dusty black box, and a note under it.

“This has been with us for the last 4 years, I always seemed to forget to give it to you. This was apparently on Tao’s pocket the day of the accident. I’m sorry for giving this to you after such a long time, since I also never found a way to do so, but here you go, do what you want with it. This belongs to you.”

So this was the ring. You slowly took it and opened it. It looked exactly like the one you had seen before. This had just been a strange coincidence. Nothing more, right?

 

-Admin C