Count to Three 1/3

Count to Three

 

 

 

The little figure of merry-go-round sat at the cream white drawer. It turned, spun… spun… and spun beautifully, twinkling at the dark room. The dimming moonlight shun teasingly through the window curtain. A gentle songs hummed clearly from the music box, sang a spring happiness song, about two dancers that turned into swans.

 

You waited there for someone that wasn’t there, humming together with the music box about magical love story and dreamy happy ending. The clock sounded so loud at your ears.

 

3 o’clock in the morning, and yet the bed beside was still empty. Like your heart… it was empty.

 

You heard the sound of footsteps at the corridor, and your eyes snapped open. The song from the music box became background music for your thumping heart.

 

“When you miss me, close your eyes and count to three… when you open your eyes, you’ll see me…” He once told you, when you were younger and free, nothing tied you both but a slight fear of uncertain future.

 

You missed him so much. So ing much…

 

No words could describe it. None could compare to it.

 

You missed the way he smiled to you…

You missed they way he looked to your eyes, drew a fantasy between the contact and left you there overwhelmed by the warmth.

 

You missed those memories…

 

Memories…

 

 Memories that slowly slipped away from your fingers…

The more you wanted to hold it, the faster they left you alone, gaping and struggling to breathe like the air had taken away from you.

 

You started to count…

Because you miss him…

 

One…

Is for the heart and love I gave to you before… the one and only beating heart in my chest, keep it… Don’t waste it. I don’t have any more of it for myself.

 

The smell of alcohol raked and robbed the air from your lungs, as he walked toward you. Something glistened in his eyes, you often saw it but you didn’t know what was that exactly. Was it anger? Disgust? Or both?

 

“I told you not to wait for me…”

 

He clutched your wrist, it was hurt, you whimpered. However, it was okay, you used to it already. He slapped your face and the reddish mark slowly reappeared at your face.

 

He was so handsome in your face, even when he was angry and screamed at you like that. He was still so perfect in your eyes. Perfect nose, perfect face, and flawless hair. Between the disgusting smells of liquor, you could still distinguish the smell of fresh citrus from his shampoo.

 

He threw you from the bed and you landed at the floor, your knee bruising at the process.

 

Two

Are for us, you and me… two of us, two people in one world… sharing one love, and giving one heart. Life was enough just with the two of us, ne?

 

He forced you at the floor, eyes slowly turned from anger into lust. You closed your eyes. He tore your pants and you felt the cold air at your skin.

 

“Why are you crying?” He hit you again. You tasted the metallic blood in your mouth. You used to taste it again and again. After got used to it, it didn’t feel so bad in your tongue.

 

You pushed him in fear.

 He was too strong.

He hit you again and you just want to die.

 

After that you only felt pain, pain, and pain… too much pain until you became numb to feel it again. You closed your eyes again, throat hoarse and hurt from screaming and begging. He came inside you with your name in his lips.

 

He left you there, at the floor, to sleep on the bed. He left you there, alone and broken; the music box was still singing the spring song.

 

You hugged yourself. Let the pain ate you alive. That was too much… Too much…

 

You stood up, looking at the person on the bed that was sleeping soundly like nothing was happened.

 

You knew tomorrow, he would become another Yoochun. The one who held you and whispered sweet words in your ears, making you blushed. He would make you a princess in his arms, and giving you love that you craved.

 

You his hair.

 

“I love you,” You mouthed to him.

 

You love him, always love him… and nothing could stop you from loving him.

 

But it was too much…

 

Your soul couldn’t take it.

 

You only had one heart.

 

You gave it to him, but he destroyed it.

 

How could you live with him, if he did it all the night?

 

You took our suitcase, filling it with your belongings, the music box with spring song, and the merry-go-round figure from your first date.

 

You had never gotten to count until three…

 

Because he had never let you count to three…

 

He had destroyed you at the second count, and you left with nothing but a destroyed heart.

 

You called a cab, and drove away from that place.

 

Alone and cold, numb and lost…

 

How could you live your life without him? You didn’t know.

 

How could you live a life with a heart left at his place? You didn’t know…

 

You didn’t want to ing know.

 

***

 

He woke up that morning to find an empty bed, empty wardrobe, and empty heart. Tears in his face when he had realized what you had done, what he had done to make you did what you had done.

 

You didn’t know that you left him with his heart in your pocket.

 

He loved you too, you knew it.

 

You just didn’t realize that he had given his only heart to you too.

 

You didn’t know how he would live his life without you.

 

You didn’t know how would he live a life with a heart at your place.

 

You didn’t want to ing know.

 

Three,

Are for the words that would be forever in my lips. I love you… 

 

 

A story of two broken hearts

 

 

Nah... I'm just bored..

Do you like it?

Comment please...