Prologue

Butterfly's Kiss

     emo_girl_boy

hqdefault.jpg

 

 

 

     

     "You…you’re b---breaking up with me?!?” asks Sandara in awe. She feels numb. She can’t even move the tip of her toes. In an instant, she looks like her soul has left her body. She looks so pale that she is sure to faint any second.

“I’m sorry,” says Jiyong, looking straight to her eyes. No hint of sadness; not even pain.

Is he just hiding his true feelings? Dara doesn’t know. All she knows is she’s breaking. She’s hurting. Her tears starting to well up in her eyes, but she holds it back. She tries to open and lets her cracking voice out, almost unheard.

“W---why?” as soon as the word comes out from , she burst into tears and it is already too late to hold it back.

“You…you t---told me you…you love me, didn’t you?”

“I was wrong… I’m sorry.” He slowly slides his hands in his jacket’s pockets and turns around, his back facing her. He is already leaving when he hears her cracking voice again.

“Ji…”

He knows she is in pain, and it is hurting him as well. She has always been good to him. She does everything that she can to make him happy…to make him feel wanted… feel loved. He doesn’t like hurting people who love him truly, yet he always does. But he knows it is the right thing to do, and he sure will not regret doing it. He bites his lower lip.

“I’m sorry.” Jiyong says firmly and walks away from her without looking back.

 

###

     

     She is silently opening the door when she hears voices inside their room. Chaerin and Jiyong. She is sure it’s them. But what is Chaerin doing here? Isn’t she sick and has already quit school?

“You broke up with her?” Sandara hears Chaerin. Are they talking about her? It’s not her wont to listen to others’ conversation, but she is curious to know what they’re talking about, and eavesdropping is the only way. She doesn’t hear anything from Jiyong. Then, Chaerin speaks again.

“You bad boy, you think it’s the right thing to do?”

“Yes, it is. I won’t regret it.” Answers Jiyong.

“You sure?”

There’s no answer again. Dara feels like thousands of pins are pricking her heart. He already said he doesn’t love her, but she thinks he has another reason for breaking up with her. She doesn’t know if this is what she just wants to believe in, or she just can’t accept the truth…that he really doesn’t love her anymore.

“I have my mission tomorrow,” Says Chaerin. “It might be my last.”

Dara doesn’t understand what Chaerin is talking about. She silently opens the door a little wider and peeks. Jiyong and Chaerin are both standing beside the window, facing each other. Jiyong looks flustered. Chaerin is wearing a sad smile with downcast eyes.

“You still have the time,” Chaerin continues. “Don’t waste it.”

“Chaerin-ah…”

Chaerin looks at Jiyong who looks so doleful.

“Hey…what’s with the face? I ain’t pathetic.” She laughs sheepishly.

Jiyong pulls Chaerin suddenly. He hugs her tightly, making her so surprised. She doesn’t know what to say or how to react. The only thing she knows is she likes the feeling of being hugged by him; reminding her of the past she can’t ever forget. The day she knew she is in love with him. Her hanging hands move slowly and wrap them around his waist. She also hugs him tightly and sniffs the sweet scent of the only man she has loved all her life. Tears then run down her cheeks.

“Jiyong-ah…” she murmurs, “I love you.”

Jiyong closes his eyes and slowly plants a kiss on her forehead.

“I love you, too.” He answers as he also burst into tears. It is a very sweet moment that they want to seize and wish not to end.

Unknown to them, Sandara has seen and heard everything. Frozen. She already knows why Jiyong doesn’t love her anymore. He loves another girl…Chaerin. She is so stupid not to know it. How come she didn’t see it that he has been so caring about her…always thinking about her?

Feeling nerveless, she leaves the door a little open and walks away. She is shaking. She feels like she is going to stumble. And the moment she is about to fall, two warm hands catch her.

“Jae!” she exclaims, recognizing the man holding her.

###

dHdKTnNUaUlvMUEx_o_jung-il-woo-sandara-p

 

 

>>>>Get ready to be kissed!!