Memory

Photographs [Oneshot]

"It's over, Taemin..." Onew solemnly breathed out, wringing his hands together. "What...?" Taemin asked, looking up from his place at the table. He must be joking... he can't be serious... "I said... it's over. We can't see each other anymore..." Onew wore a pained expression on his features. The last thing he wanted to do was to see Taemin hurt.. But this was for the best. This was probably the hardest thin he ever had to do. "But... why? I though you loved me. You were my first everything," Taemin kept his voice low to keep himself from crying. 

"I'm.. I'm sorry, Taeminnie... We're through."

And that was it. Onew tore Taemin's heart into pieces without even giving him a solid reason why. 

Taemin watched Onew walk away. He watched the love of his life disappear through the kitchen door and down the hall into his room. He tried to call out to him; to beg him to come back.. but his voice caught in his throat as he let out a dry sob.

Taemin ran to his room and nearly dove under his bed and opened the shoebox containing hundreds of photos from their now broken relationship.

The first photo he picked up was of him and Onew on their first official date out in public. Taemin remembered that day it like it was yesterday:

"Are you ready to go, Minnie-ah?" Onew asked, using Taemin's nickname. "Yeah!" Taemin smiled, sprinting down the hallway to meet his boyfriend at the front door. "Let's go!" Onew smiled, lacing their fingers together. "Bye, guys!" Taemin called out to no one in particular as the duo stepped out into the warm May air."So what do you want to eat, yeobo?" Onew asked, looking over at his boyfriend. Taemin felt his heart flip at the adorable pet name. "Hmm.. American! I want Italian!" He smiled. "Italian it is."

They finally reached the adorable little pizza place about 10 minutes later. They were immediately greeted by a handsome waiter. "Ah! My SHINee boys! Right this way, I have a special booth prepated just for you two.. love birds." He winked, causing Taemin to laugh awkwardly and covering his mouth. 'Oh god...' He thought to himself.

"what made you want to come here?" Taemin asked as he slowly ate his pizza. "I don't know.. I just got tired of sitting in the dorm. It's nice to be alone with you..." Onew trailed off, suddenly feeling a little awkward. They had only been dating for over a month and had never really been alone. They were always with the other members somehow. "Oh. Well, I like it. Maybe we can finally talk about things!" Taemin smiled as he tried to get the cheese to actually stay on his pizza. "How do Americans eat this stuff..." He grumbled. "Hey hyung... what made you finally decide to ask me out?" He asked, taking a sip of his soda. "Well, I just thought you were really cute," Onew began, reaching out to grab one of Taemin's hands. "And when we used to practice singing on the rooftop.., that's when I really started to notice just how into you I really was.  And now.. here we are!" He let out a laugh, and Taemin laughed with him. "I'm glad," Taemin nodded. "I really like you, hyung," He blushed.

"Aww! You're blushing!" Onew smiled. "This calls for a picture!" He cheered, digging in his bag to find his camera. "Do you take that thing everywhere?!" Taemin asked. "Pretty much. Now come take a picture with meeeeee!" Onew whined, making grabby hands at his new boyfriend. Taemin sat on his lap and wrapped his arms around him. "Say nacho cheese!" Onew smiled.

"Nacho cheese!" They laughed as the camera caught the precious moment.

Taemin put the picture back into the box and sighed. That day was so fun... He rooted around for a different photo abd stopped in his tracks when he reached what used to be his favorite. It was of him and Onew on their trip to the beach back in July;  

"Hyung, come play in thw water with me!" Taemin whined, pulling at his boyfriend's arm. "Not right now, Minnie-ah.. Yeobo is sooo tired!" Onew frowned as he plopped down onto his red and white striped beach towel. "Ow.." 

"Oh pleaaasseee? It look so warm! And we'd be the only two out there!" Taemin pouted, giving Onew his famous puppydog eyes. "Aish, you and your aegyo!" Onew grumbled, sitting his tired body upright. "You're lucky I love you!" "Yeobo~" Taemn cooed, pecking his lover on the cheek as they walked towards the water. "You go in first," Onew prodded, lightly shoving Taemin into the water. "It's sooo cold! Come hold me?" Taemin asked, holding his arms out for a hug. What am I gonna do with this boy? onew happily thought to himself as he picked Taemin up and spun him around a few times. "Hyunnngggg~" Taemin screamed, wrapping his legs around the older's waste and holding on for dear life. Even while being spun around like that, he felt... safe. Just knowing that he was in Onew's caring arms. "I love you..." Onew whispered before kissing Taemin on his plump, pink lips. "I love you, too." Taemin pulled away and smiled before deepening the kiss. Their tongues qwrestled with each other for a few more moments before- 

"Hey! Love birds!" Key's voice rang out from the shore. "Come and eat!" "Can't we just stay here?" Taemin asked, still wrapped around Onew's waist. "We have to go eat!" Onew smiled, placing his hands on Taemin's hips, slowly removing the maknae from his body. "I'll race you!" Taemin giggled as he started running toward the shore. "Cheater!!" Onew called, chasing after him. They were both completely breathless by the time they reached the rest of the members. "Where's the food? I wanna eat and then go back out!" Taemin plopped down on the his towel and began munching away on his bag of chips. Onew sat next to him and pulled him close, resting his head on Taemin's shoulder. "Aigoo! This is cute!" Key screeched, grabbing his camera to snap a photo of the happy couple.

Taemin nearly cracked a smile as he remembered every single detail of that special day at the beach. What went wrong...? He picked up another random photo from the box and examined it, trying to figure out what was going on. Then it finally hit him like a punch to the chest... "Our first Christmas together..."

"It's Christmas, It's christmas!" Taemin chanted, running around the entire dorm. "Calm down, Minnie-ah!" One smiled, finally catching the boy in his grasp long enough to keep him still. "No! It's Christmas! Presents..." Taemin's eyes wet wide just ate the thought. "Well, we have to wait for everyone else to wake up!" Onew cooed, Taemin's red hair. He always did like that color on him. "Hyungggg! I'm impatient!" Taemin groaned, wriggling out of a Onew's grip. He began knocking on everyone's doors screaming, "WAKE UP, WAKE UP!! IT'S CHRISTMAS!"  

Once everyone woke and got into the living room, Onew sat down on the couch and immediately pulled Taemin onto his lap. "You're staying with me. You wouldn't want me to punish you on Christmas, would you?" Onew whispered in Taemin's ear, sending cold chills down his spine. "No..." "That's what I thought! Now, here!" Onew reached behind the couch and pulled out a large box wrapped in colorfu paper. "Ooo, what is it? What is it?!" Taemin asked, practically bouncing up and down. "Open it and see!" And at that, Taemin tore at the paper until his gift was completely open. "Hyung!!" He yelled, gazing upon his shiny new xbox. "You got me an xbox?! I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" He chanted, planting kisses all over Onew's face and neck. "You're welcome, You're welcome, You're welcome!" Onew smiled, Planting one deep, long kiss on his boyfriend's lips. He then moved down to work on his neck; biting and every inch of the exposed skin. "H-hyung..." Taemin nearly moaned, trying to push Onew away. "Not right now..."

"Fine, fine!" Onew held his hands up in defeat. "Did you get me anything?" He asked. "I did, actually! Let me go get it!" Taemin giggled as scampered down the hall. A few seconds later he came back out wearing a bow and carrying a small box. "Now, you can either have me.." He bagan, "or what's in this box!" He held out the box for Onew to take. He bit his lip as he watched Onew open the box and pull out a small locket necklace. "It's engraved, too." Taemin smiled, flipping the necklace over for Onew to read. 'Onew & Taemin forever.' "Awww, Minnie! This is so cute! Can I have both of my presents?" Onew asked, pouting. "Hmm... Let me think about it.. Yes!" Taemin smiled, sitting back down on his boyfriend's lap and wrapping his legs around him. "I love you." He whispered in his ear. "I love you, too. Merry Christmas~" Onew whispered back as he Taemin arm. "Oh! We have to take a picture now!" He whipped out his camera. "Say grilled cheese!"

"Grilled cheese!" They both laughed as the flash went off.

Taemin felt hot tears roll down his cheeks as he stared at the endless amount of pictures in his shoebox. He couldn't believe that he and Onew were really over. Everything had been just fine with them the day before. What would change Onew's mind just like that...? Taemin wiped his eyes and stood up with the box in his hands. Heading down the hall to Onew's room, he heard his heart pounding in his ears. "Now or never." Taemin knocked on the door and waited for an answer. Seconds felt like minutes. and minutes felt like hours. Finally, Onew opened the door with wide eyes. "Taemin..." Onew didn't expect him to come back so quickly. "Here, hyung." Taemin whispered, shoving the shoebox into his hands. "What is this?" Onew asked, looking through the pictures. "Pictures.. of us." Taemin frowned, again feeling his vision blur with tears. "You saved all of these?" Onew asked, staring at the picture of them from the beach. "Of course..."

"Well, that was sweet of you..." Onew whispered awkwardly. "Yeah.. well, I'm going to my room..See you around..." Taemin turned to walk away, only to be grabbed by Onew. "Wait.. Don't go." Onew pulled him into the room and locked the door. Onew plopped down onto the floor, pulling Taemin down with him. "Hyung, I though we were-"

"Sshh, just look at these pictures with me." Onew smiled and pecked Taemin on the lips. Taemin smiled to himself as he looked through the many memories with Onew. He couldn't be happier. Neither of them spoke, though. They honestly didn't need to.

Besides, a picture is worth a thousand words.