1

Undying love

'So? Are you going to stay with him?

Yes, so goodbye.

Tears were forming in his eyes but he tried to hold them in. My heart was shattering slowly. I couldn't let him go. But I have to. I shouldn't fall in love with him in the first place. My dad was right, I must go to SSK university and next summer marry Lee Sungmin.'

 

-That's how I broke up with Zhou Mi. Sunny, don't be sad. If he loves you he will comeback.

-But mom, I can't live without him. I am too ugly for everyone, nobody loves me. That's why, even Jaehyo left. He couldn't stay with someone ugly.

-That's not true, and you know it kid. You shouldn't think about it anymore. Call some of the girls, go outside.

-Thanks mom. By the way, did you meet him after that day?

-Yes, he came at my wedding with your father.

-Really?

-Yep, he congratulted me and your father and he gave us that bonsai. A beautiful bonsai was put at the window.

-Oh mom I really want someone like him. He loved you so much. But how you fell in love with father?

-I loved him too. Well at first we didn't get along but in time I started to like and love him.

-Mom, you are an angel. I love you.

-I love you too but now get out and go and wash the dishes.

-Mooooom!

-How fast they grow up, Min you should have been here to see her. Sun's first breakup.

Helene remained silent for a few seconds and then she got up from the chair. Time's hands never touched her. She was looking the same as fifteen years ago. Blonde curly hair, dark brown eyes, full red lips and pure skin. Giving birth to a child added even more charm to her. Sunny was her little trasure, when Sungmin died 10 years ago in a car accident, Helene had to take care of everything and offer Sunny a good education and a place to stay. By following her father's rules, she lived a peaceful life and financial situation wasn't a big issue.

 

-I must prepare the dinner. What a day they chose to come here., she tought. Sunny, I am going at shopping. Do you want something?

-Yes, some chocolate.

-Ok. Understood.

Helene left. With the list of what she had to buy for dinner in, she didn't see that she bumped in a tall, young man.

-Yahh, ajum...oh sorry. I was walking on the wrong side of the road, let me help you with this.

-Thank you.

I am so absent minded today, I wonder why, she thought.

She finally arrived at the shop. She searched everything and found what she wanted but she forgot to buy Sunny's chocolate and then she cameback at the sweets asile, but there was someone whose back was pretty familiar.

But he couldn't be him, Zhou Mi left Korea five years ago. Helena was hiding from him behind the shelves.

-Stop it, Lu Li!I saw you when you entered the shop.

-Miii, so it is you! Helena was happy but in the same time tense and a little nostalgic about her first love .He called her Lu Li, the name that he gave her when they were in highschool.

-You haven't changed. You have the same pretty eyes and that long blonde hair.

-Well, you aged. And now you look like some cool buisnessman.

-I am, kind of...How is SungMin?

-Well...he...died. Five years ago.

-Oh, I am sorry.

-It's ok, we are ok.

-We?

-Yeah, me and my daughter Sunny. But enough about me how are you, do you have a wife? Kids?

-Well, do you know Yuri, president Kwon's daugher? She is my wife and we don't have children.

-Congratiulations!

-Thank you, but we are on the verge of breaking up. We don't get along very well these days.

-Oh...

-Hey, do you want to have dinner with me, tonight?

-I can't, my sister and her husband are coming tonight.

-How about tomorrow?

-I...

-Pleassse?

-Ok. Pick me at seven.

-OK. When she accepted, Zhou Mi's eyes were sparkling and he barely was hiding his content.

-Excuse me, but I have to go. It's late and I have to prepare a lot of food. See you tomorrow.

-Goodbye!

-Byee!

She quickly turn her back at him and left. Emotions and thoughts were haunting her. Even if she married Sungmin and loved him, that love wasn't nothing like the love she felt for Zhou Mi.

 

'They arrived at the amusament park. Zhou mi was wearing a white t-shirt with a drawn heart tugged in green jeans and sport shoes. Helene was wearing a pink dress and white shoes. He was holding her hand tight and he was looking at her with care.

-Oppa, let's go to the roller coaster pleaseee!! said Helena begging cutely.

-NO!

-Pleeaseee!

-Ok! agreed Zhou Mi. He wanted his girlfriend happy but he liked to .

After a long waiting their turn came. A lot of people were eager to get in because they heard that that rollercoaster was the best in their town. Zhou Mi and Helena got in the last seats. The train started to move. When they arrived at the top of ------- Helena said:

-If we die, I should let you know this: I love you.

-I love you too, Lu Li.

-Please don't let my father in our relation.

-I won't

She grabed Zhou Mi's face and gave him a quick kiss before they started falling.'

 

When Helena arrived home she found Sunny cleaning the house. She left the groceries in the kitchen and went in Sungmin and her's bedroom. When she entered the room, she threw herself in and started to think if it was ok to meet him. After a few minutes she fell asleep but a loud noise from the kitchen got her up right away.

-What are you doing here, woman??

-I was trying to get the pan but my hands are made of gum, sorry muum.

-Get out! 

She started to cook and forgot about the toughts that a few minutes ago were haunting her. She cooked a lot of delicious food. Right when Helena finnished her sister came in. The dinner was peaceful and they talked about all kinds of things.  

 

 

 Hi mom where are you going dressed up like that? Do you have a date? Said Sunny with a little irony in her voice.

Well, I look too dressed up?

Too dressed up? You look like a Christmas tree.

Really? I Should take this off

Right when she took her blouse off the doorbell ringed. At he door was Zhou Mi in blue jeans and a red t-shirt. Helene was wearing a green dress, with a green necklace and a pair of green shoes.

Hey, come in, it's open.

No, it's ok I will wait here.

So, Sunny remember you don't have to do anything. Food is in the fridge, the dog has eaten and the flowers are ok. Just don't break anything.

Ok moom, but who is he?

He is Zhou Mi!

Wait, what?!

Bye sweety, sorry I left you there waiting Mi.

It's nothing. So, I prepared some fried rice and jajangmyeon.

I love your fried rice. I really want to taste the jajangmyeon.

It's the best you'll ever eat.

They arrived at Zhou Mi's house. Helene was amazed with the size of the house, it looked like a castle. The garden that surrounded the house was almost magic. Helene tought she was in a fairytale. She went to smell the pretty flowers. She stopped at one daisy, daisies were her favourite flowers. Zhou Mi came near her and picked the flower for her. 

-Do you still like daisies? he asked with a happy smile.

-Yes, it's my favourite flower.

-Do you want to go inside? The food is getting cold.

-Sure but after we eat can we come again here? I want to test that swing. 

-Sure, said Zhou Mi laughing

-When he opened the door for her Helene sensed a smell of fresh fried rice. It smelled heavenly. I want to taste this faster, she thought. He really put some effort.

-Hele, come and sit. I don't want to brag about it but it took me only an hour to prepare all this.

-Sure, you don't want to brag.

-I'm born with this amazing talent.

-Suuure. Mhm, its so good.

-Of course is good.

They had eaten without any words. Helene was trying to seem relaxed but in fact she had mixed feelings about this dinner. What if he tried to hit on her again, she was a grown woman with a child. But something told her that that was the right move. To remain with him. On the other hand Zhou Mi was feeling genuinely happy because she was with himm again and the met again.

Right when she finnished eating she stood up and said:

-This isn't right, I shouldn't came here! I am leaving. When she said that she left. But she was clumsy and she tripped on the doorpost.The fall was like a trigger for her feelings.

-Hey, are you ok?

-Leave me alone, you shouldn't be good to me. I left you. I am a bad person. I didn't tell you that you have a child. I was so scared. Hate me. Tears were coming from her eyes.

-Helene, calm down, everything is all right. What, you did't tell me you had a child?

-I was so scared, it was right before I left. I didn't want to burden you. And I fastly married Sungmin. But when she was born, she resembled you.  Wide smile, and a face that could light up even the darkest corners. I was beaten by my father, but Sungmin took care of me and loved Sunny as his daughter.

Zhou Mi took Helene in his arms and whispered:

I love you.