Final

The Fine Line Between Best Friends and Lovers

"Noona! Try this one on!" Key beamed at Jessica while holding up a pink mini skirt.

"Typical Kibum" Jessica mumbled to herself. "You always pick pink stuff for me!" She drawled out in english.

"Mianhe noona," he chuckled. "I just think you look really cute in pink." He shyly admitted.

"Awwww!" She squealed "Fine. I'll try it on because you said I look cute in pink." She laughed.

They've been shopping for the past 3 hours but Jessica showed no signs of fatigue despite working almost 15 hours the day before. She rang him the night before with so much energyand enthusiasm -for a woman who had a packed schedule that day- that he couldn't say no to her request. Not to mention an overload of aegyo, and Jessica never does aegyo unless she really wanted something.

Of course he - couldn't - WOULDN'T pass up the chance to spend time with his favorite noona. Truth be told, he'd crushed on her when they were trainees and every once in a while he'd still catch himself staring at her and admiring how beautiful she was.

"Bummieeeeee" Jessica sweetly called. "How do I look?" She asked as he approached the changing room she was in.

"Wow...Noona, you look stunning. y even." He teased, earning a punch from her.

"Kidding aside, you really think this looks good on me?" She asked, as Key nodded vigorously putting a smile on her face.

"You think Jjong's gonna think so too?"

"Yeah." He laughed half heartedly.

Kim Jonghyun. The main reason why they were shopping for clothes. She had a date with his Jonghyun hyung. His so called lover, as insisted by their fans. She knew how much she liked him and he also knew that Jjong liked her back. So what was he to do? He had no viable option but to support them with their budding relationship.

He couldn't get it out of his mind though. There are times he'd actually get jealous of Jonghyun and glare at him whenever he was on the phone with Sica, but Jonghyun only thinks his 'yeobo' is jealous.

So what exactly was the point in trying to interfere when it was obvious they were in love with each other. It wasn't as if he still liked her THAT much. He's actually found someone he likes even more than he liked Sica. But that doesn't mean that his crush on Sica's completely gone.

Jessica's been clinging to his arm all day and has been sickeningly sweet to him as well that he didn't know if he should feel happy about it and expect that maybe she felt a little something for him too or if he should push her away a bit just so he wouldn't get himself hurt again. He was absolutely torn the whole damn day.

"Bummie, thanks for coming with me today" Jessica smiled as she held Key's hand tightly. "I had fun y'know, and I missed spending time with you. Remember when we'd sneak out back when we were trainees?" She laughed.

"Yeah, I sure do." He laughed as well. "I really miss that, and I miss you too." She looked down a bit.

"Noona..." He sighed. "Can we...set one thing straight?" Key asked locking eyes with her.

"Wh-what is it?" She asked

"You know I liked you right? And there's a possibility that I still do, so....why are you doing this? Why are you making me feel as if there's actually a chance of us being together?" He asked sadly. "I mean, it has ALWAYS been YOU and ME right?"

"Kibum, I'm not doing this to lead you on or anything, but that's exactly it. It's always been JUST THAT and it'll be that way forever. You know the possibility of US existing, isn't ever going to be enough for us to actually do. I'm sorry Kibum but you and me? All we're ever going to be is friends. I don't think it's ever going to be you and me TOGETHER. You and I both know that Bummie, but why do you keep hurting yourself by thinking that it'll happen?" Jessica sighed. It hurt her to think that she was the reason he thought that way but she couldn't bear to stay away from him completely. After all, he was- is, her favorite dongsaeng.

That day, Key went home hell bent on trying to get over what Jessica said and move on with his life. He was going to get over Sica and he wanted to do it soon. He didn't want to get hurt again. But he couldn't do it alone.

He was wandering in the area near the Han river when his phone suddenly started vibrating. He pulled the phone out of his pocket and smiled when he saw the familiar number and the registered name.

"Key?"

"Hi noona." He smiled as he heard the voice on the other line.

"Yah, I thought that we agreed that we'd disregard the formalities." She scolded.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry piggy." He teased.

"I didn't say you could call me that either." she whined. He could imagine her pouting over the phone.

"Mian, I was just teasing." He chuckled

"So, why'd you call earlier?" She asked sounding a bit tired.

"Y'know, just thought that maybe we could go out and spend some time together tomorrow?" He replied shyly

"Hmm...could it be that you're missing your favorite noona in the world?" She laughed

"No. Actually, I miss my favorite girl in the world. I thought we were cutting the formalities?" He laughed. "Anyway, I'll make this quick, you sound so tired so you have to rest. I'll pick you up tomorrow at around 11?"

"Alright Bummie. It's a date." She smiled over the phone.

Kibum was thankful he had Sooyoung around even before his confrontation with Jessica. He didn't know how he would have reacted if he was still completely in love with Jessica. If he couldn't do it alone, maybe Sooyoung could help him get over her.