Trust me

I'll meet You There

 

~Chapter 18~

Trust me

 

 

 

 

Taemin had left the nymphs at the river when the wind started to call him again. He didn’t understand, why would they call him back home, or at least the direction of home. It was all he had been doing, running here running there. It was a maze, in his head, in his heart. Breath was not needed as the calls got stronger when he got closer to the border as they had called it when it was created. It was in the final fight, the conclusion from last time. The Lucifer fell there.

Taemin’s foot touched burned soil and his jaw clenched. “Jong, I don’t like it…” The whisper was riding the wind that called him. His head shot to the left were he saw the figures. “You don’t like it?” he screamed. Jonghyun looked up. “Taemin?” it was him, but not like he had ever seen him. Still Jonghyun pulled Key higher on his hips and walked to his friend. The fairy walked towards them too, but in a totally different mood then them. Key was curious but could feel that something was terribly wrong. Every step that Jonghyun took, dread intensify until a cold sweat told him it was enough. “Jonghyun, let me down.” 

“The princess thinks she can walk again?” Jonghyun joked, holding tighter when Key started to struggle a bit. “No Jong, let me down!” a bit shocked Jonghyun did so only to have Key run back into the forest. He met Taemin’s eyes before they went after Key. What was wrong with him?

 

~~

Key was running until he felt the familiar cold, it cooled his racing heart. What was that back there? Why did he know the place, why did it pained him? “Come on out! He screamed, but nothing came out. His breathe was ragged and his legs were hurting. His step slowed as reality struck him. He knew what happened in the past. It was all back. His memory, where he came from, what he did. His legs led him somewhere while his brain processed everything again. “There you are.”

His knees hit frozen ground as his hands touch a familiar silver engraving. The ghost must have left it for him. How sweet. They didn’t want history to repeat, they knew time’s path and they came to interfere with it. “Is this what you want?” Key whispered to no one. Every detail was the same as he could remember; the phoenix on top, the blue diamond. It was all so perfect.

“Key!” Said boy turned around, his eyes tearing up. He shouldn’t have come here. He shouldn’t see this. But then again maybe he should, this way he would fall out of love, this way he would be able to hate him. Key turned to greet him, the final gift in his shaking hands. The fairy was right behind Jonghyun, his eyes fill with such emotion Key couldn’t meet his eyes. “Key.” Jonghyun said again, this time softer, gentle and Key hated it. His eyes fell as the human approached him. The raven didn’t let him though, Key passed him and stud in front of the fairy instead. Jonghyun’s out stretched hand fell, Key just walked past him like they were strangers and it had hurt him. “Open it.” The crying boy choked out. Taemin t’sked, his head snapping away. How dare that filthy creature act like such an innocent soul?

“I can’t. I don’t have the key. He does.” It was a short head movement aimed at Jonghyun that confused both of them.  The two lovers met eyes and Key’s expression pained Jonghyun. Why was he looking at him with that hurt look? What was going on?  No explanation was spared for him, at least not for now.

Key just nodded, lowering his head. “Jonghyun… I need that key you carry.” But the human refused. If they needed something from him he better know why. What was Key holding anyways? “Tell me what is wrong, what are you doing? Why are you crying?” Jonghyun almost screamed. Didn’t Key understand that he was hurting him like this? Jonghyun knew that the ex-spirit didn’t love him back but maybe just maybe that could change, but he needed to be trusted for that.

Key sighed, sniffing up the tears that didn’t stop. “I’m turning myself in. I’ll disappear from this world.” Jonghyun shook his head. No, Key was not going anywhere. “Why?” it was a weak whisper. “Because he killed Minho!” Taemin never rose his voice, but he couldn’t help it now. Was Jonghyun really that clueless. “He is the Lucifer! He burned the forest, he betrayed me, he brought the ghosts, he killed Minho!” It didn’t make sense, all what Taemin was screaming, it was all a lie. “I didn’t kill him!” Key yelled back at him, Jonghyun was just caught in the middle.

“I don’t understand!” he yelled on top of his lungs. Sweat was starting to appear, he needed to know. “Don’t you understand? I told you when we were eating cherries. It was him.” Large puppy-like eyes grew, Key. Did he really do all that. It couldn’t have been, the boy looked so broken. With bowed back and hair covering his eyes, Key look more fragile than ever. “I just want to go home.”

Home.

Jonghyun was starting to understand. The feeling of a warm bed, the of his beloved pet Roo, his sister’s flowery dresses. He had missed it too. “Take me home, Jonghyun.” The human stepped closer to the crying boy. That is when he understood it. Key was human, just like him. “Take me back to Seoul, back to Korea, home.” He cupped the ravens face. “I don’t know how, Key. But I want to go too.” He kissed his forehead. “Lets go home.” He whispered against his skin. Key just clung to his shirt, letting Jonghyun embrace him. There was no place for them in this world. They were destroying the balance. They had to go.

“I don’t know how we are going to do this, Key. But now you don’t have to be afraid anymore. I’m here.” He just let the boy cry. It must have been terrible alone, Jonghyun was happy that he was here to stop it, to stop all the pain.

Key didn’t need to be afraid anymore. Jonghyun would protect him. “Taemin? Can I trust you?” Said fairy, though still angry, approached them. “You told me that that box is an opening to another world.” Taemin just nodded, fearing where Jonghyun might go to. “We will go together then. We will find our way home, no matter how many worlds it might take.”  It was what he feared. Taemin swallowed. “I can’t tell you if that is possible.” Jonghyun smiled at him before he turned the warm expression to Key. “That will not stop us. We can build our own world.” He the teary cheek when a lovely shocked appearance took over the sad one. “Key, I love you. And I have travelled between the worlds to be with you.” Key looked between the watery puppy-eyes trying to find something, he just couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Was Jonghyun ready to give up his own life for him? Was he ready to say goodbye to everything he knows? Just for him? For love?

Jonghyun laced their fingers together not leaving the eye contact they had. “Taemin, when we are gone, please keep the box save.” The human didn’t have to ask that from the fairy, it was his duty. “And then, find happiness.” Jonghyun continued. The fairy deserved it, at least one more time. Let Taemin find a love that will hold him forever his lifeline ran. That is all Jonghyun wished for. Taemin just nodded, promising a thing he didn’t have power over and he knew this. Still he nodded, tearing up.

Jonghyun took the necklace from his neck, the key shimmering in the light between the trees. The boy named after the object just kept quiet as Jonghyun inserted it in the locket of the box in his hands. A single tear still fell as the blinding light escaped from its confides. Just like Key remembered. But this time he felt warmth. Jonghyun’s arms were around his waist, his lips on top of his. The peck reassured him.

What will come from this point on wards was not their decision. It never was. Fate will have its way. But this time with Jonghyun on his side, Key was not afraid to close his eyes.

And that was it. There was no Jonghyun, no Key. Taemin was alone again. The only thing that kept him company was the silver box that should be cursed. Why did fate have it made?  It had already costed too many lives, twisted even more. The crest of the family it served so perfectly engraved on it. Taemin felt the hot tears flow down his cheeks. One last time. The last time he was allowed to cry. Then never again…


~~

Taemin's broken sobs were the only thing that accompanied the whispering trees.
 
"Cry not Taemin, their story has ended in this world while in another it just started." Taemin looked up to see the figure of his brother walking towards him. "It just seems so unfair, Jinki." The man in white robes sat next to him, golden eyes more interested on the crying boy then the box. "Fair is just a illusion to what you think is right." He sighed. "Will they really stay together? Over there I mean." Jinki smiled, "the fate of lovers is not bound to worlds but to the lovers." He lifted his hand and touched the key before he grab hold onto it, turning to make the locks click in place. He removed the key and hung it as a pendent around Taemin's neck. The younger didn't move. "Did they go to the same place Minho went?" The god-like man straightened his back. "They will not, they have another place they go to now." Taemin turned to his brother. "Then where is Minho? In what world?" Jinki chuckled, "I can't tell you that, young one. It is not in your right to know." Taemin could argue with him but knew that it wasn't wise, he would not get anything out of it. "He is looking for you, you know." Taemin's eyes rose to meet the golden ones of the other. "He is looking for me?" The traveller just nodded. "And will he find me?" This time Jinki's head didn't move, yet there was a small smile on his face. Jinki stud up, taking the box in his hands. "That you’ll know if you look hard enough too." Taemin stud up to face his brother with determination. "Will you be there?"
 
Jinki's smile grew more loving, "I'm always there, but there you’ll find me under another name, yet I will still have your mother's features." Taemin nodded taking over the box when Jinki presented it to him. "This is your last chapter Taemin, how long you make it is up to you now." Tears started to form in the elder's eyes, the younger just stud strong. Jinki leant closer and kissed his brother's forehead. "I'll meet you there." Taemin just nodded to his older brother's goodbye.

~~

The fairy turned and started to walk, out the forest and towards the bridge. His blue robe started to float over the water as his feet started to cut through the riverbed. The cold waters didn't seem to harm him as he held the box tightly between his hands.
 
His expression was cold as the wave started to crash into his chest. Yet he didn't stop. His mission was over now. He could finally seek his own happiness. He closed his eyes as he continued to walk to the core of the river. "You have been waiting too long, now I'll look for you. Don't give up on me Minho."

 

~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, Officially this is the last chapter. like Onew had said but, there will be an extra for Minho.

Please read that too, also I will add a afterword that will explain every every eveery thing.

I hope it wasnt too sad and sudden for you....

I hope to see you still here next update.

 

 

URG, Jonghyun's undying love.....

Love,

Jongkey's Wedding