Young and Beautiful

Young and Beautiful

 

 

[Eunhyuk PoV]

 

"Eunhyuk-ah, come with me!"

"Where are we going, Sungmin hyung?"

"I want to introduce you to some new students from Kyuhyun's class. I met them earlier today before classes started." he told me animatedly.

"So?" I shrugged, not really caring.

"I think you'll like them!" he replied quickly. I sighed and let myself be dragged off towards who knows where.

I wasn't really up to meeting anyone today. I was tired, hungry -- Why can't lunch come sooner?! -- and for some reason, my evil teacher kept insisting on handing out pop quizzes like we would pass any of them. . .

Already a long, dreadful day.

Sungmin dragged me a long ways through the huge school where the hallways were all nearly empty since classes would be starting again soon.

Yes, Sungmin hyung made us ditch class . . . again.

Finally, we arrive at the roof of the large school, panting slightly as we were walking pretty quickly. Kyuhyun and Heechul hyung were already there, laughing and pointing through the tall fences bordering the rooftop to something below with two unfamiliar faces standing beside them.

They too were laughing and pointing at whatever it was that was below them, clearly enjoying spending time with my friends. I don't really know why, but I found myself inwardly smiling at the sight of their own shining smiles, as if they already belonged here, my bad mood already washing away.

Sungmin eagerly pushed me towards the two newcomers as he introduced me to them,

"Hey guys, here he is. This is our friend Eunhyuk." They turned their bodies to face me, smiles still evident on their faces. But as they saw me, their smiles got brighter, beaming. They were somehow infectious, and I couldn't help but beam back.

The taller of the two held out a hand to me, which I took after a moment of staring at it like it would sting me, as he said,

"Nice to meet you, Eunhyuk-ssi. My name is Park Jungsu, but you can just call me Leeteuk if you want." I shook his hand and replied, "Nice to meet you too."

I then studied his face and decided on something that was on my mind at the moment, "Um, Leeteuk-ssi . . . How old are you?" He looked mildly puzzled, but quickly changed his expression to form a smile again.

"Nineteen. I got held back a year due to sickness. I'm always sick. . ." he chuckled while I nodded. So he IS older. . . I thought with a small smirk.

"I guess I'll be calling you 'hyung', then." He replied with a short, but friendly, "I guess so."

I then faced the remaining boy, quickly pausing all movement to admire his features -- he was truly stunning, so pretty. actually, that it was shocking. His eyes shone just as beautifully as did the perfectly white teeth that formed his smile. His tussled, brown hair fell just to his smooth neckline -- I, within myself, wanted to run a hand through those locks of his.

The boy in front of me was actually breathtaking.

He held out his hand to me and we repeated the same process me and Leeteuk hyung had just done.

"Hi, my name's Lee Donghae. Nice to meet you." He had an audible, country-like accent, yet his voice was so smooth it literally caused a shiver to travel through my body.

"Nice to meet you, Donghae--umm. . . How old are you?" He smiled even more beautifully at me and I felt my smile widen exponentially as well.

"Eighteen," he replied to which instant happiness was displayed on my part as I replied,

"Same as me. I guess that makes us friends, then?" I chuckled a bit and he mirrored my action.

"I guess it does."

 

We quickly became closer than I thought would ever happen as we started seeing eachother the majority of the day, everyday. I found out that he loved to dance, just like me, and we'd dance afterschool wherever our feet took us until it was incredibly late and we were terribly tired--but it was worth it. We'd walk home together just to meet up again in the morning; and on other days, Donghae would stay at my house for hours, playing video games and watching movies. We went hiking, bowling, snowboarding, skating, everything -- always together.

And a while later, when Donghae came down with a sudden high fever and became so weak that he couldn't go to school for several days, I found that my heart didn't feel the same anymore. As I tried everything I could that I possessed in my being to care for him and make sure he was okay, I didn't want to leave his side -- ever.

I suddenly wanted to care for him always. I wanted him to be mine. And within the next few days, after he'd fully recovered, I'd made sure of that.

I made him mine.

And by the time Senior Prom came around, he'd been mine for three full months.

ALL MINE.

And I wanted the entire school -- the students, teachers, custodians, principle, school chef, and any random visitors -- to know.

"Is he coming yet? CHECK! IS HE COMING?!"

"Not yet, Hyuk! Calm down!"

"But what if he pops up and--"

"HE'S HERE! DO IT NOW!" Sungmin hyung shouted to Leeteuk hyung, who had been waiting patiently for the command, and immediately let go of the thick rope he'd been holding securely in his hands.

The huge banner that'd been strapped to span the 30 foot width from wall to wall unfurled loudly behind me, hanging a person's  body length above the floor.

Donghae -- who had been led in by a genuinely smiling Kyuhyun who finally, for once in his life, wasn't  wearing that deadly looking smirk -- put both his hands to his gaping mouth and stared wide eyed at the words on the sign that was hovering over and a ways behind me. Clearly, he was at a loss for words as half the entire student body, who had gathered to watch the entire spectacle, stared enviously at him.

I smiled at him as the cafeteria began to get loud, and picked up the megaphone that sat idly beside my feet, my other hand filled with a skinny, but infinitely pretty bouquet of flowers. And as the words on the banner indicated, I pressed a button on the megaphone and screamed for all to hear,

"Lee DONGHAE, my OTHER HALF. . . Would you BE SO KIND as to go to Prom WITH ME?!?!" I don't know why Leeteuk hyung wanted to write it that way, but that's the way I read it.

Donghae laughs softly and I can spot his cute blush even from all the way over here where I stand by his gigantic banner. He cups his hands around his mouth and smiles angelically as he yells back to me,

"OF COURSE, HYUKKIE! I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO PROM WITH YOU!"

I don't know why my heart almost flew to the moon and my stomach flip-flopped like a dying fish, but in a good way. Is there a 'good way' for something like that? But it did. I already knew what he was going to say, but actually hearing it like this. . . It just peaked my range of happiness in a whole new way. 

And the way he giggled like a child after screaming the way he did made the hectic preparation for this moment all the more worth while. . . He was just too cute for me to handle.

As if on cue, we both began to walk towards each other until we met halfway down the long aisle between tables. Instinctively, he threw his arms around my neck and I picked him up off his feet, twirling him around as I did so. I then handed him his flowers, and in return, he kissed me passionately in front of everyone.

HA! Like we gave a damn.

Live while we're young.

 

"And now, everyone. It's time to announce this year's winners of Prom King and Queen!" Excited cheers went up into the air. Our school's Principal was handed a large, green envelope by a student helper who'd walked onto and then back off the stage.

"And your Prom King and Queen are. . ." Where there were cheers before, there was now dead silence as the Principal opened the envelope and pulled out a folded, sparkly card, which she then unfolded. She smiled.

"LEE EUNHYUK AND LEE DONGHAE! Congratulations!" Roof-rattling cheers broke out around the spacious room as Donghae and I stared at each other, utterly surprised and more than a little dumbfounded by the outcome. We hadn't even run for the 'election', yet we were nominated, and more than anything, we won.

And we were both guys. . . This is something that simply doesn't happen everyday.

We were quickly ushered by many hands whose faces were all unseen, as were were both still dazed. From the stage, I spotted Sungmin hyung who winked at me and then looked at Donghae. He must've been the one to put our names on the ballot. I smiled as I accepted the title of 'King', while Donghae was proposed 'Prom Queen'. He pouted cutely, but because I'm me. . . I knew he loved it.

Then it was time for the King and Queen's couple dance, and we danced slowly underneath the spotlight to Lana Del Rey's 'Young and Beautiful'.

I looked lovingly into Donghae's sparkling eyes and asked him in a small voice, "Will you?"

He looked confused, "Will I, what?"

"Will you still love me, when I'm no longer young and beautiful?"

He chuckled softly and kissed me sweetly on my now pouting lips,

"Hyukkie, you'll always be beautiful." he whispered as we swayed slowly to the hypnotizing beat, my hands resting gently on his sturdy hips. I smiled so widely my mouth almost hurt before I pecked him once, softly on the nose.

"Then, I know you will."

 

*65 years later* (Yes, I know. . .)

I carried the small, round cake into the dining room and set it carefully on the table, making sure not to knock over the bottle of peach champagne already there.

It's been 58 long and truly magnificent years since the day Donghae and I got married at the age of 25. My bones ache and I'm always tired, but I've never once grown tired of being with Donghae.

My love for him only grew stronger everyday I held him in my arms and breathed in that familiar vanilla scent that still lingered sweetly after all these years. I breathed his love in everyday, and still, I can't get enough.

Although forever already seems to have reached us in our old age, I'll make sure to love him even beyond the grave when the time comes. He'll always have a place in my heart and at my side, wherever I may be.

Always. . .

I suddenly hear the door open and close, and in comes the man who has the key to access my dreams every night. Within his hand, he carries a skinny bouquet of flowers. So much like the ones I'd given him from way back then . . . I smile at the memory.

Our anniversary celebration is simple, as it had been for many years now since age has been slowly taking over our bodies. We eat maybe a slice or two of cake, drink a bit of the champagne, lounge for a while with him in my old arms, and we soon get tired. We go prepare for bed, Donghae resting his head on my shoulder, like always.

We talk and reminisce about our younger days, when we were wild, and totally carefree. When we didn't have to worry about back injury, balding, or faulty joins.

When we had looks to die for.

Our talk is suddenly cut short when Donghae abruptly stops talking and his breathing slows considerably, telling me that he's already fallen asleep first, as usual.

I can't help but love his pure self even more as I study his peaceful face a bit before pulling the sheets up to cover more of us, and immediately afterwards, falling into a deep slumber as well.

When I awoke, I yawn and face my sleeping Donghae, who's still in the same position he'd fallen asleep in as he does often, not even stirring in his sleep. I stare at him for a second before I feel I should wake him up so he could be up with me.

"Goodmorning, my love." I whisper. My love for him will last many a millenia -- for an eternity. I lean over carefully and place a gentle kiss atop his small nose, and wait with a semi-devious smile on my face for his eyes to begin to twitch sleepily and flutter open.

But today, it never came.

I pouted and shook him gently. He felt slightly rigid and he literally didn't budge. "Donghae. . ?" I called quietly.

But still, no response.

My heart begins to pump double-time in my chest, certainly not good for someone of my age. I shake him harder, but still he remains unresponsive, and I begin to feel sick.

This can't be happening. . . I think as I prop myself up on my elbow and lean over him to inspect.

Though I stare intently to make sure, his chest does not rise and fall anymore. Even in the slightest.

Tears began to tip over my tired eyelids and roll devastatingly down my discolored cheeks. My lip trembles painfully and I let out a squeak of a noise that signals the beginning of a cry that doesn't want to come out. It probably can't. I feel practically dry inside.

No . . . I think, No . . . After all this time. Just after our anniversary. Not now. . .

I'm shaking his entire body with all my might, hoping that, right now, he's just being a bit unresponsive, simply stiff -- false alarm. Maybe he's playing Possum?

Please, let that be it. I hope to God that's what's going on here.

"D-Donghae! YAH! DONGHAE, DON'T PLAY WITH ME!!" I screamed at him. I get up on my bony knees and shake his chest a bit forcefully.

"STOP IT! THIS ISN'T FUNNY! IT'S NOT FUN FOR ME. . . STOP PLAYING, HAE!"

I'm yelling at him, screaming at the top of my lungs -- my lungs that can hardly breathe any air due to the silent sight lying unmoving before me. I'm screaming, but I know I'm screaming to myself, that I'm screaming in vain. . .

"DONGHAE, BABY! QUIT IT! STOP THIS! PLEEEASE!"

I know he can't hear me. . .

"Nooo, Don't do this!!"

He's already gone. . .

"Please, DON'T LEAVE ME! SAY SOMETHING! GOD, NO. DON'T TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME, DAMMIT!! Pleeease. . ." I plead, and I beg. My tears coat my face in an entirely new way. I could drown in them, there's so many. They drip like a faucet onto his stiffening body.

My heart hurts, my lungs, my throat and my head hurts. I don't know what to do as, with my shaking body, I jolt and push Donghae's body every which way. Choking sobs fill up my being and the whole room; everywhere within me and around me, is pain.

I can't lose him, he is my everything. He's the drug I need to take. When I'm in pain, he acts as the anesthetic. Without him, I'll lose myself in the newfound pain.

What am I going to do without him?

My mind has wandered, my sanity has fled. I'm still shaking him with everything I've got left in me, as if he'll wake up if I shake him enough. Just one more push will be what it takes. As if he'll finally crack open a weak eye or take at least one labored breath. . .

But, I already know,

That he's long gone. . .

 

I don't think I can walk anymore. My legs won't take me anywhere, I'm stuck here, rooted to the place where I'd once been happy. But happiness has evaded me, it's been gone since the minute they took him away from me.

Now, I don't know where to go.

I't been two weeks since he's been gone, whereas I'd never been more than a day without him since the day we met. . . What makes God think I can do it now?! I have no strength to move forward.

He had been my strength.

As I, once again, succumb to my river of tears, I finally break down to my knees like I've been doing so frequently lately. I feel like I've been torn to pieces, completely empty inside, and I can't take the loneliness.

Curse my aching soul. . . It hurts so bad. . . I think as I tip over on my folded legs and lean my forehead against the carpet of my bedroom floor.

[End PoV]

 

That is the last thought Eunhyuk thinks before he takes in one huge, heaving lung-full of air and breathes out the large amount in a slow shuddering sigh.

Never to breathe again, silently passing away, alone into the barely sun-lit afternoon.

 

What is this place?

Eunhyuk sits up and blinks against the unbearable light filling the room he's in -- the place that isn't really a room, but a space so blank and so wide, it takes up nothing. . . It's just space

He gets up and walks blindly through the light, oddly determined to find some place that's not so bright and so lonely; all the while feeling immensely fine -- so light and healthy. It's been a while since he felt this way, and it feels good to walk comfortably again, for however long this feeling may last.

Finally, as he'd walked for a while, Eunhyuk sees a single gray door in the distance, protruding through the pure white of the space he was currently in. Hesitantly, he opens the skinny door and makes his way in.

And immediately, he's stopped in his tracks by the tears that instantly tumbled down his face.

Silky, smooth, white skin; toned arms, legs, and abs; no saggy skin,  no liver spots, no blemishes, no dark circles uder the eyes; no balding scalp, aching bones, or flushed cheeks -- just perfect features describing the perfect man that stood before Eunhyuk on the other side.

"Donghae. . ." It came out soft; he had nothing left to say, so he trailed off, letting his eyes snack on the beautiful angel before him. He looked entirely healthy. . . and young. Simply brand new, like a glittering gift a child had unwrapped for Christmas.

Eunhyuk's perfect little gift.

"I . . . I f-found you. . ." Eunhyuk whispered, causing Donghae to finally drop tears of his own, having been stunned into silence and leaving him immobile, not really processing his personal miracle that'd unexpectedly walked back into his life after death.

"Hyukkie. . ." his voice cracked under the pressure of not having used it in so long. "Yes. . . You found me. . ." His dark eyes glittered happily as the big tears, that had hurriedly rolled down his face and disappeared into his charming smile, developed more quickly.

His emotions overflowed from his entire being as the two of them, all of a sudden, began walking to each other at the same time, meeting together in the middle as they had done so long ago; proving that, no matter how many years had passed and how many hardships the two had gone through, their love has remained constant and strong, always.

Their chests rammed together harshly as they hugged one another for all the lost time, all the pain and the loneliness spent apart for the past fourteen days. They cried into the hug, Donghae's face nuzzled into the crook of Eunhyuk's neck, savoring the smooth feel of the skin, taking in the always tangable smell of strawberries wafting through his pores, the radiation of love flowing throughout his entire body, escaping out from every joint and crevice.

Eunhyuk then broke thier long hug and pulled Donghae in for an even longer, very passionate kiss; enjoying the taste of his lover's small lips and the feeling of his lips being smashed perfectly up against his own.

This moment was priceless. It was all he ever dreamed of since Donghae's dying day. "I can't live without him" held so much more of a meaning now than it ever did before in his entire life.

"Hae. . ." he whispered softly after breaking the kiss, needing air, "You're so beautiful. . ." Donghae dropped another stray tear, which Eunhyuk quickly caught with his lips to Donghae's cheek.

"You are too, Hyukkie. No matter how many years passed. . . You always have been." He then kissed his lover softly on his plump lips and then pulled back quickly, whispering,

"I'm so sorry, Hyukkie. I never meant to leave you that night, without getting the chance to tell you exactly how much I love you. . ." His lips formed a cute pout on his young face, bringing back countless memories of those carefree days.

Eunhyuk giggled just as cutely, almost melting at the sight he missed so whole-heartedly and almost craved to see.

"I already knew that, Hae. Don't worry." he pecked the slightly shorter male once of the forehead, then once on the nose. He loved kissing him there, letting the other know just how sincerely cute he was, and just how much it had an affect on him.

"I love you too, Donghae. With all my heart." he continued.

"And I always will."

 

********************************************************************************************************

So, there goes my first official one shot!

I hope it wasn't boring or anything. . . >.< LOL

No really, comment and please tell me if you liked it? I need to know these things! xD

Well, Buh-Bye for now. :P