Chapter 4

《 D I F F E R E N C E O F S I M I L A R I T I E S 》

Yoseop walked into his room after the fight. He heavily sighed before slamming the door shut, locking it. He walked to his bed and bent down with his head on the ground. He took a small-sized box out from under the bed. Brushing off the dust on the box, he sat down on the bed. Not a single person knew what was in it, not even Doojoon. Yoseop never let anyone touch the box besides himself. It was beyond precious to him. Doojoon once tried to figure out what was in it and before he could open the lid, Yoseop saw him. Doojoon almost got his throat cut by Yoseop's sharp knife.

 

Yoseop's tear fell on the box, making it wet. He slowly opened the lid, revealing a cute little brown teddy bear with a red ribbon tied around its neck nicely. He put the box aside after taking the teddy bear out. "Appa..." Yoseop silently whispered. He hugged it tightly, tears rolling down as he closed his eyes. There was a silver watch wrapped around the teddy bear's right hand. It was Yoseop's mother's last gift for him. It was too small for Yoseop to wear it now since the watch was given to him 17 years ago. Yoseop hugged the teddy bear even tighter. "Umma... Appa... I miss you..." He whispered again, face turning into a frown as the cry got worse.

 

Putting both his legs on the bed, he lied down. His tears were staining the pillow under his head, but who cared? As long as he could cry and let everything out. Memories of his parents suddenly flashed into his mind. Good and bad memories, neither one of them wanted to get out of his mind. With the teddy bear tightly held in his arms, Yoseop slowly fell asleep.

 

--

 

"Yoseop... Yoseop... Yoseobie..." A calm voice called. Yoseop walked around the forest with his white suit. He looked for the voice that was calling for him. "Seobbie... Yoseop..." Another voice called, a manly yet still calm voice. Yoseop blinked as he saw two beautiful couple standing in front of him. His eyes grew wide as he recognized their faces. The faces he really missed.

"Umma! Appa!" He screamed, running to his parents and hugged them. "I missed you! I missed you so much! Where did you go all these years?" He asked, crying. His mother smiled at him. "We didn't go anywhere. We are always here." She said, taking his hand into her hand, bringing it to his chest, close to his heart. Yoseop smiled, wiping his tears with his free hand.

"Yoseop, you should listen to what Doojoon said. Anything he says, you should listen. He is like your brother. Doojoon is right. Make us proud of you. Prove the whole world that you are not one to give up easily. Okay?" His father said, smiling. "And the girl you helped at the restaurant, she owns something everyone doesn't. Just her and you." He continued.

Yoseop's mother suddenly spoke, "Honey, I think it's time for us to go. Bye." Slowly, Yoseop's parents vanished and he was no longer holding them. He panicked. "Umma... Appa... Umma! Appa!" He yelled, searching for them like a lost kid.

 

--

 

Yoseop shot his eyes open. He sat up on the bed and panted. He looked around the room and realized that it was just a dream. He looked at his hands and sighed in relief as the teddy bear was still in his arms. He was sweating. He suddenly remembered his mother's words, 'We are always here'. He touched his chest and cried. "Umma! Appa!" He half-shouted, crying all his heart out.

 

 

 

 

 


 

author`snote;

Annyeong guys! I am sorry for not updating for so long. I was busy with school. But I am free now as it is holiday. Kill me for not updating. TT.TT