The Name 'Onew' No Longer Fits You...

Bad Boy Bunny

« Chapter 1 ; The Name 'Onew' No Longer Fits You...

 

 

Days passed since Onew had appeared as a human before Key. Key still wasn't used to it, and definitely did not like his Onew living as a human. In fact, he didn't like Onew anymore. Not even a tiny little drop. Okay, except for the times he turned back into a bunny [totally not because Key sneaks a carrot into his dishes every so often, cough].

Apart from no longer playing with his bunny whenever he got home from school, there were changes in the house. First, he had a free-loader in his house. Onew ate a lot more as a human, although it's a good thing he's a vegetarian. He couldn't change back into a bunny often, because the longer he stayed human, the more human he became. The bunny-man did nothing around the house, he just sat there, watching TV or ordering Key around. He also forced Key out of his own room and stayed there now. The man didn't go to school, nor did he work. Just stayed at home free-loading.

Oh, and despite the drama like setting, Onew knew just about everything in the world, about technology and the daily lives of humans.

Well, anyway, they were on very, very bad terms. They felt like throwing up just from seeing each other - well, from Key's point of view anyway. In fact, Key didn't even know what Onew was thinking about almost all the time, and it irritated him for some reason. He liked knowing what others were thinking. He hated how Onew did nothing around the house, how he threw him out of the room he had stayed in, how Onew was just making him do the chores. Key even had to work for long hours after school. He really, really, really despised his bunny.

Key watched Onew from his seat at the dining table as he rummaged the fridge for something to eat. The man finally emerged from the box and nibbled on a celery stalk. Without washing it. Key scrunched his nose, then shrugged. He looked up when he heard the scraping of a chair and Onew's grunt as he slumped on to the seat.

They sat there for a while, and Key was the one who broke the silence. "I don't want to call you Onew anymore. It doesn't fit you."

"Why not?" Onew asked, uninterested. He didn't really care.

"Because," Key groaned, "I named you Onew because you were so soft and gentle and adorable! Now I see you're just a devil's spawn!"

Onew scoffed. "Whatever."

Key rolled his eyes and whipped out a stack of newspaper out of nowhere. He flicked through pages with closed eyes. Using his finger as a pointer, he smacked the tip of it on a letter. "Lee."

Onew raised an eyebrow, amused.

Key rolled his eyes before continuing, repeating his actions. "Jin." Then again. "Ki."

"Lee Jinki," Onew murmured, then smirked. "I actually quite like that."

Key beamed at him. "Of course. I, the almighty Key, picked it for you, that's why."

The older ignored him. "Key, cook something. I'm hungry."

Key widened his eyes. "But we already ate dinner and I have to go to work soon! It's almost six!"

"That's too bad then, isn't it?" Onew said, leaving the kitchen for Key's room - well, his room now, actually.

Key groaned, laying his cheek on the table. "I hate you, you stupid bunny," he growled. "I'm not doing it!"

But after a minute of sulking he did anyway. Then left for work - after changing into his uniform of course. He didn't have time to shower himself. Stupid homework and stupider Onew.

 

--:-:--

 

When Key returned home, it was already thirty-past midnight, and Onew was again watching TV. Key had in his hands a stack of letters, bills, most likely. He was not looking forward to how much the electricity and water bills were going to be. He hissed the moment he saw the one with the electricity bills. Over three-hundred and fifty-thousand won.

"Yah! You stupid old rabbit! Cut down on watching the damn TV! And stop leaving all the lights on!" he yelled before he could stop himself.

Within seconds, Onew was leaning, half-in and half-out of the living room, glaring at Key who was at the dining table, gulping his saliva. "What did you say?"

"Nothing, hyung," he whimpered.

Onew glared at him, eyes narrowed, slowly retreating back into the living room, dragging his body across the door's frame.

Key sighed. This bunny was going to be the death of him.

 

--:-:--

 

"I'm home," Key called silently.

He didn't care if Onew heard him. He sure as hell knew the rabbit wouldn't tear his eyes from the screen of the TV. Well, he hoped so. He didn't want the aggressive rabbit to see what he had on his arms and face. Unfortunately for him, Onew was still the rabbit he was before and could tell whenever something was wrong with his owner.

"What's wrong?" Onew grumbled, peeking out of the room.

His eyes widened slightly, like shock and then he wore a concerned look - only for about half a millisecond, so Key took it as his imagination - as he took in the bruise on Key's face and arms, and some cuts.

"Your face?"

Key rolled his eyes. "None of your business, Jinki. Don't act like you care."

Onew narrowed his eyes. Key wasn't sure whether it was because Onew cared about him, or whether he just wasn't used to his new name. Or was it because he called him by his name instead of calling him hyung? They glared at each other in silence for a while, until the younger gave in with a sigh.

"Nothing happened, okay? They- I fell, that's all."

Onew finally walked out of the room. "Doesn't explain the face," he hissed. "And who might these 'they' people be?"

Key shivered. Onew had asked who those people were with a slight smile on his face and a sweet, but cold, tone. It frightened him, and what frightened him more was that Onew might actually care. "D-don't worry about it!" Key snapped. "Jonghyun... Although Jonghyun was kinda late this time, he scared them off already!"

Onew didn't answer. Key watched as the older lifted his hand a little bit, then dropped it. He tilted his head slightly at the action. Onew turned away and walked back towards the living room, remembering he was watching TV.

"Key, I want to go to school," the older called once he was in the room. "It's boring watching TV all the time. And 'sides, I know you'd prefer me going to school and learning rather than increasing the power bills."

"But, the school fees!" Key whined. "I can't earn enough for both of us to go!"

"I'll do something about it," Onew called back, then added silently, "I'll get a job."

Key blinked. A job? The really annoying, couch potato of a rabbit getting a job? He must be going insane. Maybe he wasn't so-

"And don't you dare think I'm going to school because of you. Because I'm not. I just want to hang out with cooler people than you. You're lame and boring."

that. He's a jerk.


Lame chapter's lame? Okay...

Lol, jks. ouo I know it's lame. xD

Ah, and if you're wondering why Onew ain't badass, it's because I'm not really good at making badass characters. The original story idea was a one-shot story where Onew - with a cigarette, sunglasses, leather jacket blabla - just jumps Key without Key's consent [practically , although Key does give in after because he feels like he knows this person, so it's more like comedy ?]. Hence the title Bad Boy Bunny. But I changed my mind since it was kinda like.. weird. xD So yeah.

Aaaanyway, his school start time's 8.30am, end time is 4pm, just if you're wondering. x3 Kinda like my old school, because I don't know about Korean schools. eue

And wow, 22 subscribers already. 0-0 I'm impressed. Serious. I just can't find the right gif to express this. I'm not much of an image finder. eue

 

I realised I didn't do a reply for amazmi in the previous chapter. Virtual punch me if you wish to. ;u;

@amazmi - Thank you <3

@longway - I'm glad you find thid something new and interesting ;v; <3

@shiningstar2 - Sorry, he has to be one. ;n; I planned for him to be one anyway. xD

@tomiiself - Yay, I'm glad it's cute to you <3

 

So many edits.. >mumbles<