Chapter 1

Diary of a Fangirl

We don't know each other, we don't share conversations that much. We were on different groups or should I say, We do have different best friends. Sure we knew each other's name and faces, but seldom do we have an hour-long conversations.

Min-ra, Joo-Neul and Hee-rin were best friends, Yu-mi and Ha-neul were on one group of best friends for a long time too, and Joo-seul on the contrary, has another best friend. 

We were separated. Totally. But one day, we became one. One thing that bind us together-- KPOP

 

It was early September when our Social Study teacher decided to pick out some students from our class to perform  a dance number representing a certain country in celebration with the United Nations to be held next month. All countries would be brought along in our place, not exactly the country itself but their traditional costumes and so as their language. 

"Min-ra shi, Can you perform on the said celebration?" The teacher asked. She took a glance at her 2 best friends, Joo-Neul and Hee-rin who were sitting on the next 2 columns, they were nodding their heads with a gummy smile painted on their faces.  Kind of creepy. 

"Uhm.. Yeah sure miss.. Can we have Korea?" She asked, interlocking her two fingers while hoping she'll say yes.  "Great! No problem, just be sure to practice and you can still recruit some from your classmates to dance with you." said the teacher. She nodded and smiled.

 

Hours had passed, the day was tiring and exhausting. Almost 8 hours of just listening to their lectures and trying your very best to have all of them sink in your mind. Soon after, the bell rang. Thank the heavens. Dismissal time~~
 

-----

The students started to dash out of the room, it was only the 6 girls who were left inside, packing their school things and tucking it inside their bags. It was deadly silent, awkward, should i say.

"Min-ra shi," Joo-seul called, Min-ra tilted her head on the side so she can face Joo-seul, "Can i dance along?" 

"Me too." Yu-mi bobbed in.

"I want to join too." Ha-neul added up.

A smile slowly crept onto Min-ra's face, she glanced at her 2 bestfriends, who again are wearing the same expression when asked if they want to have a  presentation for next month. "Sure, It would be nice and fun." 

-----

"So what are we dancing?" Asked Joo-Neul. The 6 of them were gathered at their own classroom, brainstorming on what specific KPOP song they are going to dance. There are thousands of KPOP songs, but only one must be chosen. A tough decision to make. 

There were suggestions like ; "Gee" "Sorry Sorry" "Bonamana" "Hoot" and other songs particularly from Super Junior and SNSD. After the brainstorming and stuff, we decided to have SNSD's Mr. Taxi . ♫ Mr taxi taxi taxi ♫

-----

The next day.  

"Ma'am, Ha-Neul, Joo-Seul and Yu-Mi joined our group and we've chosen to dance to Girls Generation's "Mr. Taxi"." Min-Ra decided to talk to their teacher about their plan for the said celebration next month. "Wait up. Isn't that a Japanese song?" Joo-Neul asked joining the two. "You're right but Girls Generation is a Korean Group. I think it's okay." Min-Ra turned her attention to the teacher who looked a lil bit confused on what the two were talking about.

The teacher's hand went to her forehead. "My head's getting dizzy. I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about. Korean, Japanese. Whatever it is. Anyways, whatever you guys come up with it's okay. Just make sure you don't embarrass yourself on stage." The Pressure was on. Min-Ra and Joo-Neul nodded. "Don't worry.We'll take care of it." They went back to their seats and the class started.
------ 

It was finally dismissal and the six of them gathered at the canteen which Joo-Seul's family owns. "So when should we start practicing?" Hee-Rin started, obviously excited. "Mmmm. Are you guys free tomorrow?"  Joo-Neul asked and the 6 of them nodded in excitement. "Then tomorrow it is." Joo-Neul winked and everybody chuckled.


-----

"To be honest, I'm really nervous" Ha-Neul said, rubbing her palms together. "Why?" Yu-Mi narrowed her brows. "It's my first time performing on stage, in front of many people and it's just the six of us." She looked down. Ha-Neul is obviously a shy person. Well at first but Yu-Mi said she's really outgoing once you two are close and comfortable with each other. "Don't be. We're gonna do great." Hee-Rin patted her back to assure and calm her down. "Hopefully." She smiled.

"Guys guys guys! I've come up with something" Min-Ra ran to them. What could it be. "WHAT?" They asked in Chorus. All of them were curious. "I think we should have a name for our group to make us official." She grinned then continued. "Well, every band has a name right?" They nodded, a signal for her to continue.

"I'm thinking of "THE Y PEACOCKS!" She exclaimed, proud of the idea she had come up with. Everyone, except Min-Ra exchanged glances and started to act as if they were gonna puke, hitting their backs softly.

"I'm such a genius right?!" Min-Ra, who still doesn't get it once again exclaimed. The 5 of them laughed until they ran out of air. "What the heck Min-Ra?! Joo-Neul tried to calm herself, her hand was on her chest. "Why are you all laughing? Is there anything funny?" Min-Ra folder her arms. "Of course there is. Y PEACOCKS? Gawd." Yu-Mi once again, started to laugh." Min-Ra rolled her eyes but was obviously embarrassed.

"How about this." Everybody's attention was turned to Joo-Seul. "What? Be sure that's a nice one or else I'm gonna puke for real." Min-Ra who was still folding her hands, said. "Look who's talking." Joo-Neul teased and Min-Ra glared at her making her stop.


"How about SUGI.  Super Girls."


----------------------------------------------

If you guys are wondering, this is actually our real story. :) ♥