Chapter 16

Is it a goodbye?

Changmin goes home alone. At first, Yoo Chun wanted to give him a ride but Changmin said he want to walk home by himself.

“Tadaima......” Changmin take off his shoes and he notice there is someone’s shoes in front of him. “This shoes.....could it be...”

“Changmin!! Your dad is home!” Changmin heard his mother’s voice from the living room.

“Dad’s home?” Changmin quickly make his way to the living room and he saw his dad smiling at him.

“What’s up my son? Yaho!” Mr. Shim waving at Changmin.

“Haha..dad! you’re home. I’m glad. Mom misses you!” said Changmin.

“Yah! Only your mom missed me? You don’t miss me, huh?”

“Of course I miss you! Why wouldn’t I”

“Aigoooo...it’s only 2 weeks I went away and my son is becoming more and more good looking like me. Where did you go? Going out with Younha-chan huh?” Changmin’s dad laughs.

“Dad..it’s Younha’s birthday party. I went there with Yoo Chun and the others. Younha had someone else that she likes...” said Changmin. His face turned sad when his father mention about Younha.

“Ah..too bad.. Don’t be sad Changmin. You see, before I met your mother, there is this beautiful girl who always give me letters. She’s really beautiful like an angel..anyone who saw her will fall in..”

“Ehem!! Changmin’s dad!” Changmin’s mother glared at her husband.

“HAhaha...Of course your mother is more beautiful and since I met your mother, I didn’t look for any other girls anymore...aiigoo...” Changmin’s dad scratching his head.

“Hmm..anyway Changmin, your dad bring a good news from Japan. Why don’t you tell him, honey” said Changmin’s mother.

“Good news? Really? What is it?”

“I’ve been promoted by the company! Yaho! Our financial will be more stabile from now on!”

“Whoa! Dad! I’m proud of you! Congratulation!” Changmin slaps his dad’s shoulder.

“Yah! That’s hurt...hahaha...anyway we must prepare a week from now on,”

“Huh? Prepare for what?

A week later.....

“What?” Yoo Chun looks at Changmin with a serious face. “Are you serious?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m serious,” said Changmin.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!” Yoo Chun looks a bit mad.

“Shhh...don’t say it too loud... I want to tell you but I couldn’t...beside, since the that party..Younha always gave me a weird looks... I think she already suspecting me for hiding the truth from her..”

“Do you still want to keep this as a secret? She’ll be sad if she knows the truth...and now you’re going to leave her...” said Yoo Chun.

“Yoo Chun! She has someone by her side. If something happens to her, please look after her. For now, please don’t tell her anything,” said Changmin.

“Changmin...don’t regret this..OK?”

“I know what I do. Don’t worry” said Changmin.

Yoo Chun left Changmin alone in the class. Everyone has already gone home. Changmin looks around the class. It will be his last time seeing the class and this school. Changmin grabs his bag and walk out from the class. Suddenly, someone grabs his bag from behind. Changmin turn around and he saw Younha.

“Oh...Youn...Younha..” Changmin a little bit surprised when he saw Younha.

“Can we go back....together?” said Younha while holding Changmin’s bag.

“Oh..sure. Why not,” Changmin smiled.

They walk home together but they didn’t say anything to each other. Changmin take a slight peek at Younha and he saw Younha is wearing the necklace that he gave to her. Changmin smiled.

“Why are you smiling?” Younha noticed that Changmin smiled.

“Nothing..I’m happy but for some reason..I feel sad too,” said Changmin.

“You’re still weird even though you don’t know me quite well after you lost your memory about me,” said Younha.

“Maybe..I’m starting to feel comfortable with you like the ‘old’ Changmin,” said Changmin. “Maybe soon, you’ll get back your ‘old’ Changmin,” he added.

“Hey...since that party...I got this feeling that...”

“Hey, I think it’s gonna rain soon. Let’s walk faster,” said Changmin.

They arrived at the railway track where they need to wait for the train to pass by.

“Hey, Younha. I heard from Yoo Chun that the ‘old’ Changmin likes you,” said Changmin.

“Umm..yeah...”

“Well...do you like ‘him’?”

“That....I...” Younha’s face turned red.

“Or..should I said....do you like me?” said Changmin. Younha’s face turned even redder.

“I...I....Yah! What about you?! Nothing gonna change even if I answer because you don’t remember me!”

“Well...I...” The train pass by. It’s so noisy that Younha couldn’t hear anything except the first word. She tried to read Changmin’s lips but couldn’t predict well. After the train pass by, Changmin smiles while Younha’s face looks blurred.

“I didn’t hear you! Say it again!” said Younha.

“No, I won’t!” Changmin laughs and he walk away.

“Hey, wait for me!” Younha catch up with Changmin. Changmin rubs Younha’s head as she arrived beside him.

“You’re becoming more and more like ‘him’...have you regain your memory...?” Younha whispered to herself.

They arrived in front of Younha’s house.

“Well..here we are. Arrived safely at your home. Next time you’re going to walk home by yourself or ask Donghae or your driver to pick you up” said Changmin.

“We can go home together again, right? You can accompany me like today,” said Younha. Changmin become speechless for awhile. He looks at Younha.

“You’re a strong and big girl, right? You can take care of yourself. What if I’m not around anymore? And..Donghae is here with you. You don’t really need me actually.” Said Changmin. “Well then, I’ll take my leave now..see you,” Changmin turn around and step away from Younha.

“Idiot!!” Changmin stop his step when he heard that from Younha.

“Baka..baka...baka!!.. Why are you saying like that? I feel like you’re going to disappear..I don’t want to lose you again.. I can feel that you already remember me,” said Younha. Her eyes become glassy.

“Why...Why do you always hide your feelings from me? Why don’t you say it clearly to me? If you say I don’t need you...then, does it means you don’t need me?” she added.

Changmin didn’t even turn around to face Younha. He becomes speechless. Changmin look on the ground.

“Mianhae...” just one word burst out from Changmin mouth and he left Younha.

“I do need you but taking care of you from far and seeing you smiles is good enough for me for now,” Changmin whispered to himself.

(Flashback during the train scene)

 “Hey, Younha. I heard from Yoo Chun that the ‘old’ Changmin likes you,” said Changmin.

“Umm..yeah...”

“Well...do you like ‘him’?”

“That....I...” Younha’s face turned red.

“Or..should I said....do you like me?” said Changmin. Younha’s face turned even redder.

“I...I....Yah! What about you?! Nothing gonna change even if I answer because you don’t remember me!”

“Well...I don’t like you but I love you. Will you forget about Donghae and love me? I wish I’m the only one for you,”

Younha couldn’t hear Changmin’s confession because of the noise from the train.

(End of flashback)

That night, Younha keep thinking about Changmin. She is certain now that she loves Changmin but she want Changmin to confess clearly to her about his feelings.

“Miss Younha, master Donghae is in the living room. He wants to meet you,” a maid came to Younha and informs Younha about Donghae.

“Oh...OK. Thank you,”

Younha goes down stairs and she sees Donghae sitting on the sofa.

“Hi, Donghae. What brings you here?” Younha asked.

“Oh..nothing.I just want to see you and I wonder have you taken your dinner? If not,  I’ll take you to dinner,” said Donghae.

“Um..I don’t have any appetite. I think I’m not going but thanks for inviting,” said Younha. Suddenly, her handphone rings. Its Yoo Chun.

“Hello, Yoo Chun,”

“Younha, I have something to tell you. Listen, Changmin is going to Japan tonight. He and his family are moving to Japan. His flight is going to depart at 7 pm,”

“What...”

“Go...meet him before he go! Make him tells you the truth and Younha....tell him how you feel or you’ll regret it someday,” said Yoo Chun.

 “What happened? Younha?” Donghae asked.

“Donghae, take me to the airport now!”

Donghae take Younha to the airport with his car. The watch shows its already 6.30 pm.

“Please delay...please delay...” Younha prays in the car.

They arrived after 15 minutes.

Younha runs to the departure gate to Japan. She searches for Changmin and his family.

Meanwhile, Changmin and his family are sitting near to the departure gate. Changmin look at his watch, its already 6.45 pm. Suddenly, he heard someone calls his name. Changmin look for that voice and he saw Younha is struggling to pass through the guard. Younha manage to pass through them and she runs towards Changmin.

“What’s Younha-chan doing here?” said Changmin’s dad.

“Shut up, honey. Can’t you see this is like in the love drama,” said Changmin’s mom.

“Yeah, it is,” Changmin’s dad nodded.

“Changmin...I..” Younha is out of breath.

“How..how did you know?” said Changmin.

“Aiigoo...why are you making this so hard..” said Younha and she glared at Changmin.

SLAPP!! She slaps Changmin.

“I hate you!!!!”

To be continued...

P/s: New chapter...hoho...please comment and subscribe if you not yet subscribing me