Chapter 14

Is it a goodbye?

 

Changmin look at the sky through the class’s window.  He sees birds flying in the sky then he took a deep breath. Looks like his mind kept thinking about what had happened yesterday.

“Am I too rash yesterday?,” Changmin asked himself.

Younha enters the class, Changmin watch her from his seat. Younha take a peek at Changmin. Changmin was quite surprised when he saw Younha smiling.

“Good morning, Younha shii~,” Yoo Chun greets Younha.

“Good morning, Yoo Chun! How are you?”

“I’m fine. Hey, take a look at Changmin. He’s been spacing out since he arrived,” said Yoo Chun.

“Hey, Changmin..good morning! What with the long face? Just lost your girlfriend?” Younha tried to joke. Changmin didn’t response. He only looks at Younha. Yoo Chun had the feeling that something is going on between them.

“Ah~ looks like Changmin is mesmerized by Younha’s beauty this morning,” Yoo Chun holds Changmin’s shoulder.

“Maybe Younha is right. I just lost my girlfriend,” said Changmin. Younha and Yoo Chun are surprised with Changmin confession.

“Girl...girlfriend? You had a girlfriend?” said Yoo Chun.

Changmin stands up and stares at Younha. Younha move backward a bit when she notices Changmin give her a sharp look.

“Younha, Mr Kim wants to see you in the office now,” suddenly a student calls Younha.

“Oh..I’m sorry. I’ve got to go,” Younha leave them with a lot of question in her mind. “Changmin had a girlfriend? Who? When? Why did I know nothing about this? I thought he’s in love with...” she whispered to herself.

Yoo Chun slaps Changmin. Changmin shocked. He holds his cheek.

“Yoo Chun, Wae?! It’s hurt!” said Changmin.

“How could you! You told me you love Younha! But you said you had a girlfriend?” Yoo Chun looks mad.

“Whoa..hold on,”

“What? Are you playing with Younha’s feelings?” Yoo Chun holds Changmin’s uniform.

“I think you misunderstand this....Younha is my ‘girlfriend’,” Changmin tried to explain.

“Girlfriend..? Younha..? What?”

“I never raise my voice to her until yesterday..and I think I made her cried. I thought I lost my best ‘girlfriend’ yesterday,” said Changmin. “I want to make up for what I did yesterday. I don’t want to expose my lies but I can’t really hide my feelings to her 100 percents,” he added.

“Ah......sorry for that..” Yoo Chun rubs his own cheek.

“It’s hurt you know,” said Changmin.

During recess time, Changmin take a walk around the school’s building. He saw Younha talking with someone not far from him. Changmin move closer.

“Hmm..isn’t he the one who give love letter to Younha not long ago? What do he wants from Younha?”

“Are you sure with your decision? Have you thought about it completely?” said that male student.

“Yes, I’m sorry. I hope you understand. I’m really busy to think something like that,”

“You’re lying. Why don’t you admit it that you have feelings to other guy? At first, I thought it’s that tall guy, Changmin but I realize, actually it’s that rich guy Donghae,”

“What? What are you saying?”

“Now, I realize you’re that kind of woman. Love money and cute guys. That’s why since Donghae arrived in this school, I always saw Changmin only watches you from distance because he don’t want to disturb you and Donghae. Am I right?”

“Changmin...watches from distance..?”

“Crap..” said Changmin. He hides himself.

 “Hmmm...I’m glad I heard that from you about Changmin but you’re too much for saying that I only love money and cute guys. If you want to have a girlfriend and want to love someone..please change your attitude. Goodbye.” Said Younha and she walks away from that student. That male student felt irritated with Younha. He wants to chase Younha but Changmin manage to stop him.

“Well..well..you’re the one who give love letter to Younha, right?”

“Ch..Changmin..I..I,”

“If you hurt her or do something that can harm her in any condition..get ready to regret it for the rest of your life,” said Changmin. “I mean it,” he whispered to that student’s ear.

“I understand! I’m sorry!” He bows and run.

Changmin walk around searching for Younha. He saw Younha wants to walk down the stairs. Without noticing anything, a girl who walks behind Younha pushes her. Younha screams because she’s falling. Changmin saw that incident and he runs towards that staircase. That girl was surprised when Changmin grabs her arm. Changmin stares at that girl face with hatred in his eyes. He saw Younha had fallen down the stair. He was surprised when he saw Donghae is down there too. He’s hugging Younha and looks like he’s in pain because he saves Younha from falling directly to the floor using his body. Changmin let go off that girl and runs towards Younha and Donghae.

“Younha! Donghae! Are you alright?” Changmin check on Younha and Donghae.

“I’m alright but Donghae...are you alright, Donghae?” Younha worried. Donghae is groaning in pain.

“I think he hurts his arm. I’ll carry him to the sickbay,” said Changmin.