Chapter 1: Part 2

The Crossover

Asher fell through multiple floors of the abandoned building. Dust and debris followed him and crushed him when he reached a stop. He laid there for a minute, agonizing in pain. Wooden boards were crushing his leg and the side of his stomach was bleeding. 
He was breathing heavily, and wondered if he was going to make out alive. 
“Is this it?” he thought to himself. 
“No…I didn’t come this far to die here.” he replied to himself.
With all his strength he pushed the wooden board off his leg and slowly got up. He was still in deep pain but didn’t want to give up. He limped across the office he had fallen in and clutched the side of his stomach. 
“I have to keep moving,” he said to himself.
He went down the emergency exit stairway, slowly going down each step. Asher soon exited the office and into an alleyway. He continued to walk till he reached the street and looked around. He spotted black 2013 Dodge Charger SRT and went towards it. 
Surprisingly the door was unlocked and he stepped in. 
“I feel bad for doing this but I have no other choice.” he said.
He sent a jolt of electricity through his hands into the car’s ignition slot and the muscle car roared to life. 
He drove into the main road and headed east towards a bridge. The bridge was lit up with light green lights and stood tall over the water below it. 
Asher passed an overhead sign saying:
“Empire City-----15 miles.”
“This is going to be awhile,” he said.
The pain was still there, barely fading away and he was growing increasingly tired. 

After a half an hour he saw beaming city lights and skyscrapers. 
“So here it is…Empire City,” he grinned.
He continued to drive through the busy streets till he reached a small parking lot. He pulled over next to a payphone and got out slowly. He placed a couple of quarters in the pay phone and dialed a number.
“Hello?” someone responded. 
“It’s Asher” he said, “I’m in Empire City.” 
“Are you alright? I’ll send someone to get you, where exactly are you?” the person quickly asked.
“ I’m fine, I’m in Verona Plaza. Tell whoever you are sending that I’m in a Dodge Charger.” Asher replied.
“Since when did you ever have a Charger?” the person asked.
“I never did…” he responded
“What’s going on Asher?” the person questioned
“I’ll fill you in when we meet.” He replied. 
“Fine…Just stay where you are. Of couple of guys from the team are on their way.” The person said.
“Alright, I’ll see you soon” he replied. 
“…” There was no answer on the other side of the line. 
A silhouette of a female is shown putting a phone down, and stood there silently. A tear rolled down her cheek but she wiped it off quickly when she heard some footsteps.
“Hey June, who was that?” a person asked as they walked in.
“It’s Asher…” she replied.
“What! He’s alive?” the person said astonished.
“Hey don’t say it like that J.J. We all knew he was coming back sooner or later.” June countered.
“Alright whatever, I’ll give the news to the rest of the team.” J.J. replied.