Time With You

Time With You

Zico stares the little six-year-old boy straight in the eye as he stands in front of the couch. And the little boy stares straight back, gaze unwavering.

It’s almost as if he’s staring straight into a mirror that spits back an image of a younger version of himself.

When Zico crosses his arms over his chest, the little boy crosses his arms over his chest. When he tips his head to the side with narrowed eyes, the little boy tips his head to the side and narrows his eyes. And when Zico raises an eyebrow, the little boy mimics him once again.trans.gif

“Listen here, kid,” Zico says in an intimidating voice.

But the little boy is unfazed. He simply continues to glare at Zico as the older boy bends down to meet him at eyelevel.

“I don’t know what your problem is or why you hate me, but ______ asked me to help her watch you so –”

“I have snacks!”

The boy on the couch instantly sits up straight and whips his head towards the direction of your voice, a dazzling smile on stretching across his face when he sees you walking into the room while balancing a tray in your hands.

Zico’s jaw drops when the little boy launches himself off of the couch and runs over to your side, grabbing onto one of your jean covered legs.

“Whoa, calm down, Jimin,” you laugh and place the tray on the coffee table, before sitting down on the couch to watch the boy attack the plate of fruits and crackers.

Zico slumps down next to you with a huff, causing you to glance at him with questioning eyes.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, it’s nothing,” he shakes his head and throws daggers at the laughing boy who was sitting cross-legged on the living room floor.

“Really?” you raise an eyebrow, totally not believing him, “Nothing’s bothering you?”

He let’s out a sigh, “I don’t know. I think Jimin – “

“Noona! Look!”

Zico almost lets out another groan and flops back into the couch when your attention is pulled away by the little devil himself.

“Ooohhh,” you slide off the couch and sit on the floor next to Jimin, “What’s that?”

The small boy proudly holds up a strawberry with two triangle shaped crackers poked into the sides.

“It looks like a dog, don’t you think?” he beams.

“Yeah, it does!” you laugh, “Why don’t you ask Zico if he thinks so too?”

You frown when you see the once shining aura around Jimin suddenly dim at the mention of your boyfriend’s name. You look over at Zico and he merely gives you a shrug, just as confused by the whole situation as you are.

“Hey,” you place a hand softly on the child’s shoulder, “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t want to show him,” Jimin mumbles as he places his creation back on the plate.

“Why not?” you ask, “Don’t you think Zico would be sad that he didn’t get to see what you made?”

“Well he made me sad first!” Jimin screams before running out of the room.

You stare after him in shock and wince a little when the sound of a door slamming echoes throughout the house. You look over your shoulder at Zico, utterly speechless.

“I left you two alone for ten minutes. What happened?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t do anything to him,” he raises his hands up in surrender.

You sigh as you move to stand up, but a hand grabs your arm to stop you.

“I’ll go check on him,” Zico says softly and gives you a reassuring smile.

He walks down the hall towards the boy’s room and stands in front of a door that’s branded with a giant, gold ‘J’. He knocks on the door softly and slowly turns the knob, not even bothering to wait for a reply. But, really, it’s not like he would get one anyways.

“Jimin, I’m coming in.”

Zico finds the small boy curled up in a ball on his bed, hugging a penguin pillow pet to his chest. Jimin quickly looks up as Zico takes hesitant steps into the room, but ends up drops his eyes back down.

“Hey,” Zico sits on the edge of the bed and places a hand on the small boy’s foot, “Why did you run out like that?”

Jimin shrugs his shoulders and keeps his eyes trained on his pillow pet.

“You know, _______ is really worried about you,” Zico tries again, hoping to get any sort of reaction out of the boy.

But Jimin remains quiet, silently petting his penguin while biting his lip.

A sigh escapes Zico’s lips and he looks around the room in frustration, “I don’t know what I did to upset you, but maybe we can work something out if you just tell me what I did wrong.”

“You stole ______ away from me.”

Zico looks at the boy, surprised to see him no longer staring down at his penguin.

“Huh?”

“______ used to always come over to watch me, almost every weekend,” Jimin mumbles, “But ever since you became her boyfriend, I don’t get to see her as much anymore.”

‘Ahhh, so that’s why,’ Zico thought, his heart clenching a little at the boy’s frown.

“Jimin, I didn’t mean to take _____ away from you. I just really like her and I want to spend time with her.”

“Well, I want to spend time with her too,” he pouts.

“Okay, how about this,” Zico says with a small puff, “There’s a way that we both can spend time with her.”

“Really?” Jimin looks up at him with hopeful eyes, “How?”

“By doing what we’re doing right now,” he smiles

“Huh?” the little boy his head to the side in confusion.

“Don’t you realize when me and ______ are babysitting you, we both get to spend time with her?” Zico smiles when he sees realization wash over Jimin’s face.

“You’re right!” Jimin jumps off his bed and beams up at Zico, “We need to go tell ______ right now!”

Zico pushes himself into a standing position before following Jimin out of the room, smiling as the little boy screams your name as he runs down the hall.