Eye Contact

First Love

“Maxi! Sangmin! I told the both of you to have eye to eye contact? What part of it can’t you get?” Sir Carl our P.E. instructor yelled.

Sir, how can I make eye-to-eye contact with that creep he’s just my worst enemy. Damn!

I tried my best to make the so-called eye-to-eye contact to this creep. Okay, to be honest I simply counted his pimples above his thick eyebrows so that Sir Carl will stop asking us to make that dreadful eye-to-eye contact!

The practice ended. Man I love dancing folk dances! I just simply hated my partner!

“You two will lead the dance, okay?” Sir Carl remarked before dismissing us. The both of us cannot even reject since it can help on our grades. Although I wanted to I still had no choice, he’s suffering the same fate as well. I know he hates me to bits! The feeling is mutual my dear arrogant classmate!

“Wow Maxi, a dance filled with love!” Jane teased me.

“And skinship! Hahahaha” Daina laughed out as she high fived with Jane.

“Ha Ha!” I sarcastically said. “I’ll do it for the grades nothing else.”

We were walking on our way to where the transit is. All I hear are my friends’ teases and our endless laughter.

“I think sir Carl likes you Maxi.” Said Aaliyah. I simply gave her with a what-the-heck-are-you-trying-to-imply look.

“He always picks you to practice the new choreography, and he always looks at you.” Aaliyah added.

“Now that you’ve mentioned it. He does that.” Jane added.

“And yeah he looks at you.” Daina commented.

“Knock it off!” I yelled with both hands on the air.

 

-------------------------------------

The next practice day.

“Here’s another dance routine. This will be the fourth dance.” Sir Carl explained. “You will simply take a step starting with your right foot and then slide your left foot while pretending to twist a light bulb using your right hand girls. Guys will use their left hands to the hand twisting part.”

We followed him and while I am enjoying the dance step.

“Maxi come here” I stood next to sir Carl. “Now you hold your partner’s hand and using your left hand.”

Damn why does he always see me???

“Sangmin come here, and take her hand.”

Our classmates behind us were squealing like idiots.

I hate you guys, cut the crap.

“Don’t forget the eye-to-eye contact! Maxi! Sangmin!” Sir Carl reminded for the nth time.

I still can’t believe it, today is the presentation of that dance number. Damn it.

There were pictures, and of course I hated how I look. I hated wearing that damn skirt and my hair was up in a bun. I kept on hiding and avoided the pictures.

Other pairs were practicing while I did nothing.

Me and Sangmin didn’t even bother to practice on our own. Reality check, we hated each other to death.

 

“Guys! We’re next!” Our dear president called out.

The boys were lined up on the other side of the stage. “Okay Maxi, dance like he’s not your partner.” I noted mentally.

 

The guys first marched to the stage followed by us. Damn the worst part I have to be in the middle with the man I hated to bits.

I saw Sangmin smilling. Fake it man it’s still uncool. We were barefooted and the previous dancers dropped toasted bread crumbs that almost killed my feet.

I had no choice but to make eye to eye contact with him he did the same.

This guy had sparkling eyes.

What are you saying Maxi??

“My feet hurts.” Sangmin murmurmed while we’re dancing.

“There’s bread crumbs on the floor you moron!”

“I know that stupid!”

“Moron!”

“Smile!” He suddenly reminded me.

We didn’t notice that the other routines were done and were down to the last routine. His hands were so cold. He is nervous. So am I.

But when the curtain dropped. I realized I enjoyed dancing with him for the first time.

 

 

-------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! :)) Comments please :))