1/3

Every Agent has a Story

           tumblr_mnrv3trJIl1rl9b22o8_250.giftumblr_mnrv3trJIl1rl9b22o7_250.gif

           Baekhyun was just adjusting his tie in front of the mirror when the doorbell rang.  He looked behind him outside the bathroom door.  There was a series of taps on the door and then it was followed by silence.

            Baekhyun turned back to the mirror and readjusted his tie.  He counted.

            “1.”

            He readjusted the cuff of his tuxedo.

            “2.”

            He moved closer to the mirror to inspect his appearance.  His brown hair lay flat on his head which was different from the way he usually styled it.  He sighed as he further flattened it against his head.  

            “3.” 

            He frowned and then roughly took off his tie.  He threw it onto the sink and made his way to the door, quickly ruffling up his hair on the way out.

            “4.”

            He had his hand around the door knob.

            “5.”

            He yanked open the door and looked down. As expected a small brown box was on his doorstep.  He bent down and picked it up.  Closing the door behind him with a kick of his foot, he laid the box down on his dining room table, making sure to inspect the safe deposit box in the corner of the room. 

            “Here we go,” Baekhyun opened the box and slowly took out the metal machine that was inside it. 

            He put his palm on the hand scanner on the machine and a voice echoed out of the metal machine. 

            “Handprint confirmed.  Please say your name.”

            “Byun Baekhyun.”

            “Voice analysis: confirmed.”

            Baekhyun only waited a second before the screen turned green. 

            “Agent Byun, this will be your next mission if you choose to accept it.”

            Baekhyun scoffed.  There was no choice in the matter.  Once he received the mission he would have to accept it.  The only way to decline a mission was to go all the way to Antarctica where the headquarters were and that was just a hassle. 

            “We have recent intel about movements within the Chinese Triad.  In 8 hours you will meet one of the Triad members with a suitcase.  The member thinks that you will be exchanging one of South Korea’s nuclear weapons, one made especially with South Korean resources.  In exchange he will be carrying a sum of money.  The Chinese Triad has members deep within the Chinese government.  We know they already have plans of overthrowing the Chinese government and organizing an attack on the UN.  You will go to the meeting place and meet with him under the presumption that you will hand off the weapon; he thinks you're a rogue spy so he might give you some information.  But if he doesn't I want you to capture him and torture him until he can give us all the information he can about the Chinese Triad.  After that, you are to execute him.  Attached to the bottom of this device will be information regarding the meeting place.  Your cover is to pretend you are meeting an old friend during a business trip to the assigned meeting location.  He will also be under this cover.  Your contact is Kim Junmyeon; he will contact you after the drop-off.  This has been a message from the KCIA.” 

            Baekhyun lifted the device from the table and looked under it.  He saw a little door; unfortunately, it was screwed tight.

            “ me,” Baekhyun muttered as he raced to the kitchen to get a tiny screwdriver just as he heard the machine say, “This machine will self-destruct in 10 seconds.”

            There was a loud beeping noise as the machine counted down the seconds.  Baekhyun fumbled with the tiny door as he tried to open it before the machine exploded in his hands.  He got the door open with 5 seconds to go and raced to his safe deposit box that was lodged in the corner of the room.  He cranked the handle and it opened.  He threw the machine inside and closed the door.

            Not a second later the deposit box rattled and smoke erupted from it.  Baekhyun fell to the floor in exhaustion.  He grabbed a flower vase from on top of the dining table and threw it on the smoking deposit box which quickly fizzled but stopped smoking. 

            Baekhyun got back up and went to the bathroom.  He looked at himself in the mirror and slowly started taking off his tuxedo.

            “Just another day at work,” he mumbled.  Just wearing his boxers, he headed over to his bedroom and dropped down on the floor to look underneath his bed.  He reached out a hand underneath it and found what he was looking for.  He saw the soda cap and pressed down on it.     

            The bed rose to reveal a platform underneath it with multiple weapons, machines and other things stored under it. 

            He grabbed the lightest handgun and some thin knives that could be easily hidden under bulky clothes.  Baekhyun ran his hand through his hair as he looked at the folder that had been under the machine.  It was just a card with a meeting time, place, and some other additional info. 

If he was meeting an old friend, he didn’t need to dress up.  He grabbed his gun holster and wrapped it around his ankle and then secured his knife belt around his waist.  Once he was done with that, he put on a nice black dress shirt and then threw on a sweatshirt.  The combination didn’t match but at this point, he didn’t care. He’d done this so many times, he was just moving through the notions.  And once he was done and looked at himself in the mirror, he was no longer Byun Baekhyun but Byung Nam. 

He had a couple of hours to kill so he decided to practice up on his fighting skills just in case the Chinese Triad member would catch on to his plan.  But he wasn’t worried.  He liked challenges and sometimes missions without some kind of fighting was just plain boring.  Baekhyun practiced some martial arts and defense tactics in his bedroom for an hour and once he deemed himself well practiced, he decided to surf the internet.  He even saw some funny videos on YouTube. 

As the meeting time neared he checked himself in the mirror one last time.  He ran his hand through his hair and smirked.  He was ready. 

            Just before leaving the house, he made a phone call.

            “Hey, babe.  I’m going to be gone for a while.  Some stuff came up at work and I need to travel again.”

            “Again?”

            “Sorry but you know how it is.  I wish I could spend more time with you but…”

            “It’s our anniversary soon!”

            “I know.  I’ll be back by then,” Baekhyun reassured. 

            He quickly hung up and closed the door behind him.  He went around to the back of the house and took out a loose brick from one of the house’s side panels.  As expected, there was a suitcase lodged inside.  He took it out and experimentally swung it.  It was heavy enough to do damage if it came down to it.    

 

            Byun Baekhyun was a 28 year old experienced KCIA agent.  He was good at manipulation, he was good at gathering information, he was a good shot.  He’d killed many in the last 5 years of his life and could even say he saved the world at least twice.  He was a great agent and a big asset to the KCIA.  Never once had he regretted working for the KCIA, never had he failed a mission that was given him.  

 

            But today.  This mission.  It would change everything. 

 

 

Hey Guys! So I've been trying to write a Baektao story for a long time.  But a combination of writer's block (well I had no creative juices at all) and about 8 different storyline ideas (that didn't work out) and I finally wrote this.  I actually really love baektao and they're not that popular.  T.T   But I love writing stories for non-popular ships, so I hope those baektao shippers will like this story! 

tumblr_moi2qpbHXz1spgf2wo1_250.giftumblr_moi2qpbHXz1spgf2wo2_250.gif