The Owl Face

The Owl Face

 

The owl face @0:39

 

 

 

 

Word Count: 648

       A special Saturday afternoon. Inga was at the park, not minding that her clothes were getting dirty, when the surprise her mother had mentioned arrived. A tall, handsome man appeared and Inga jumped off the steps in surprise.

       “Sungyeol-oppa!” she said, not quite believing what she was seeing. He smiled a gummy smile and started walking towards her. “Sungyeol-oppa,” she repeated. The fact that he, her favorite cousin, was here, at the park, to celebrate her birthday, in the middle of his schedules, was completely surreal. When that fact finally sunk in, Inga leaped into his open arms. “I can’t believe that you’re here! What about your schedules? Did your managers allow you to come? Or did you sneak out like from Sesame Player?” He held her out at arms length.

       “Slow down your questions, Inga,” he laughingly responded. “Ahh you haven’t changed at all, just gotten a bit chubbier.” She pouted.

       “That’s not very nice to say on my birthday,” she replied. After a moment, she brightened considerably. “Anyway, I’ve been watching your shows and I couldn’t help noticing that you use my owl face as your special talent.” She glanced at him. “It comes in handy?”

       “Oh yeah, it does. None of the other members have such a special talent as the one you taught me,” he replied, ruffling her hair. She slapped his hand away.

       “I’m not a kid anymore. I still remember the day that I taught you. It was your 10th birthday, and I taught you to show my appreciation for all that you’ve done for me.” She smiled at the memory.

       “I couldn’t get it that day but you stayed and yelled at me for not getting it. And then I got it and used it as my special talent ever since.” They both smiled as the memories came flooding back. “Anyways,” he continued. “Let’s go back I’m hungry for auntie’s birthday dinner.” He winked at Inga.

       “I’m warning you right now, that’s my dinner,” she retorted. As soon as they reached Inga’s house, she felt that something was different. And she was correct. The door had barely swung open when loud shouts of “Happy Birthday!” filled the air.

       “What.” She glanced at Sungyeol, who was snickering to himself. “What exactly is going on?”

       “Well, L really wanted to throw you a birthday party since you’re one of his favorite dongsaengs and all, and the rest of Infinite wanted to meet you, so this surprise party is the result,” Sungyeol explained and gestured towards the apartment. “Don’t you like it?”

       “Like it?” she repeated. “No. I love it.” With that said, the party started. Infinite was introduced to Inga and the 8 of them played many games. At the end of the party, they all sat around the table eating chips and talking.

       “Neh, Inga, I heard that you taught Sungyeol his special talent?” Woohyun asked. She nodded excitedly.

       “Neh, I was the one who taught him the owl face.”

       “So,” Woohyun continued. “Since we’re now your special oppas, can you teach us the owl face too?” Upon hearing this statement, Sungyeol violently elbowed Inga in the ribs. She winced and glared at him.

       “Ow. Sorry, Woohyun-oppa, but only Sungyeol-oppa gets that special privilege,” she stated nonchalantly and continued to eat chips.

       “But Inga, please?” Hoya begged, turning on his aegyo. Sungyeol elbowed her again. She punched him in response.

       “Ow! Will you please stop doing that? Oppa, your aegyo won’t work on me. I will not teach the owl face to anyone but Sungyeol-oppa.” With her determination on this subject, the matter was closed. Instead, the 8 of them spent the rest of their time together talking and laughing. When it was time for Infinite to go, Sungyeol and Inga hugged and she whispered in his ear.

       “The owl face is only between you and me, got it, oppa?”

       “Of course.”

 


 

Other fanfics

Since When Were We A Family? ft. Nicole Jung, Jung Jinwoon

It All Started With A Letter ft. Nam Hyesu [OC], Nam Woohyun, Lee Sungyeol

Do You Love Me? ft. Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo (L)

Umbrella ft. Li Xiaoyu [OC], Zhang Yixing (Lay)

Pieces of You ft. Lauren Lu [OC], Luhan, Zhang Yixing (Lay)

YouTube ft. Cody Lee [OC], Yang Seungho

A Musical Melody ft. Lee Chunhei [OC], Yang Seungho

All About You ft. Mirajane [OC], Song Jihyuk