1/1

Promises.

“How much do you want? One thousand? Two thousand?”

“Eighty thousand dollars.”

Kai scoffed and wrote down the amount of money Sora wants.

I’m not going to leave without anything. She thought.

“3 months. After 3 months, we’ll divorce. I’ll tell my father that I can’t get along with you.” Kai said seriously and threw the cheque on the table. “I never liked you anyway.” He then mumbled.

Sora took the cheque and stormed out of Kai’s room.

**

“What the heck you want? First, I need to see you at home. And then I need to see you in school too. And what now? In every class too? Seriously Kai?” Sora complained while burying her face onto her small palm.

“Well, you can’t blame me. My father wants me protect you.” Kai whispered the word ‘protect’ at Sora’s ear which made her shocked.

I just love to annoy you, freak. Kai thought.

**

“Why are you two fighting?” the principal asked.

Sora and Kai got into a fight at the cafeteria and was called to the principal’s office.

“He started it.” Sora said.

“What? Me? You’re the one who called me a .” Kai fought back angrily.

“Well I did not lay any fingers on you.” Sora stated the fact.

“Enough. Both of you are the school’s popular gangster. I don’t want to expel you because I don’t want your parents to feel disappointed at you. Please don’t let them down, will you? Stop fighting and be friends! Now get out of my room. And remember, no more fighting!” the principal ordered them.

**

Why do I have this feeling when I see her? Kai wondered while starring at the professor.

“Hey Kyungsoo, do you know why someone’s heartbeat beats faster as if his heart is about to explode and he started to feel nervous and uncomfortable whenever they see someone?” Kai asked his best friend.

“Are you in love?” Kyungsoo asked.

“W-what on earth!?” Kai yelled, causing almost everyone in the cafeteria looked at him.

“That only happens when you’re in love. Who are you referring to?” Kyungsoo said.

“Nothing. I’m referring to an internet friend.” Kai mumbled while he looked away, avoiding Kyungsoo’s eye contact.

“Oh.”

**

“Yah, Minah do you know why someone gets nervous whenever they see another someone?” Sora asked Minah, her best friend since childhood.  “Or maybe their heartbeat started to race?” she added.

Minah looked at Sora with the what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about stare. “Hey sis, are you perhaps…. In love?” she asked.

“I don’t think so?” Sora said while she looked at Minah with the same stare.

“Are you talking about your husband, Kai?” Minah said excitedly.

“W-what?! No! We’ll divorce next month okay? Remember. So there’s no hope between us.” She said while shaking her head.

Yea… we’ll divorce. So there wouldn’t be any hope between us... Sora thought and her heart sank.

**

Why the is she avoiding me? Am I really in love with her? What the is all this s? Kai thought while scratching his head.

I have to confess. Kai stood up and ran to his class.

**

“These questions are so freaking hard.” Sora complained while she threw her Physics workbook at Minah who was a Physics freak.

“First you-“ Minah started to tutor Sora but was cut off by her.

“No, I can’t squeeze anything inside my mind now. Let me rest awhile.” Sora closed her eyes and leaned onto the back of her chair.

She heard someone running real fast to her direction but she thought it’s just some annoying students who always fool around.

Finally no more noises. She thought when the foot step was gone and started to relax.

“Sora.” Someone said, almost whispering.

Sora was startled by the whispering that she quickly open up her eyes and stood up. She saw Kai panting beside her table. What the…

“What do you want?” Sora asked, while her heart started to beat so madly.

“I-I- I want- want- you-you-“ Kai said while still trying to take in more oxygen.

“Want me to what?” Sora raised her right eyebrow.

After gaining enough of oxygen, Kai stood up straightly and looked at Sora.

Kai finally spoke after a few seconds of silence.

“Be my girlfriend.” He said.

Sora did not respond but standing there dumbfounded. She can’t feel anything and she only sees Kai at the moment. Her heart started to race faster than ever.

What is he saying? Is he lying? What did I just heard? Did I hear it wrongly?

“Well?” Kai said nervously.

Sora nodded her head slowly.

“Yah! I thought you’re going to ignore me.” Kai started to fake crying.

Sora was still standing there, speechless.

“I’m saying the truth here. Can’t you see?” Kai said while blowing his front hair.

Sora shook her head slowly.

“Fine. Okay I can’t take it when you were avoiding me for the past few days. I didn’t believe that I was in love with you, this freak at first. But I found out that my love for you deepens day by day. So, Kim Sora, will you be my girlfriend?”

Sora was still standing there, refused to talk.

“I’ll take that as a y-“ Kai said until Sora started to speak.

“Did you call me a freak? What right do you have to call me a freak? Who the hell is a freak here? I guess you’re the one who is a freak since you’re the one who confessed and you know what? There are thousands of students standing at the class window there looking at us. Including your best friend, Kyungsoo who was there grinning all the time like an idiot.” Sora said while pointing at Kyungsoo without looking at him. Kyungsoo quickly stopped grinning and stood straight.

“Yah! Since when there’s so many students outside?!” Kai got panicked when he saw the number of students who were standing outside looking at them with wide eyes.

“Since you came in and panting like a mad person.” Sora said and added, “yes, I’ll be your girlfriend.”

**

“What’s your dream?” Kai asked Sora who was sitting on Kai’s lap, dazing at the stars on the sky.

“My dream? To travel around the world.” Sora said and grinned.

“Jinjja? You’re gangster and your dream is to travel around the world? Isn’t that a girly girl’s dream?” Kai teased Sora. He knew Sora wasn’t a true gangster. Or perhaps, a good gangster. She became a gangster to protect herself from all the bullies. When she was in primary school, the students used to bully her every day. Punching her face, hiding her stationaries, throwing her books and all sorts of bullies. That is why she’s now a gangster that people were afraid of.

“Shut up.” Sora glared at Kai.

“Any other dreams? Like, marrying me for real?” Kai leaned forward and gave her a peck on her cheek.

“Puh-lease. Who wants to marry a brat like you?” Now it’s her turn to .

“You don’t want to marry me? Fine, we’ll divorce then.” Kai said while pushing Sora off his lap.

“Just kidding baby.”

“Don’t baby me.” Kai said while looking away.

“Fine.” Sora started to walk away but Kai held her hands.

“Yah! Just kidding.” Kai said while pulling her back to sit onto his lap.

“I’ll marry you someday, under the name of our love, not our parents’ order. I promise. Happy 6th monthsary baby.” Kai said.

 

“Yah! Kim JongIn! You can’t sleep! Don’t sleep! Open your eyes and stay strong! The ambulance is already on their way!” Sora shouted and was crying while holding Kai’s body, which is full of blood.

“J-just awhile. I-I-I p-promise I’ll w-wake up.” Kai said while trying his best to stay conscious.

“No! Don’t sleep. Please Kai, don’t sleep yet.” Sora said.

 

“Hey jerk.” Someone said when Kai was using the shortcut road to his house, which was the alley. He looked back and saw five men with baseball bats in their hands.

“Do I know you?” Kai asked.

The one standing in the middle scoffed and said, “you don’t remember me? Perhaps you do remember that boy you hit last year on August.”

“Oh. So you’ve recovered?” Kai asked coldly.

“I was hospitalized for four ing months. I lost my dancing skills. And it’s all because of you. Since you’re not showing any mercy, then I don’t think I should show one too. Attack!” that boy shouted and ran towards Kai.

Kai started to run away but was caught by one of the fastest runner. They started to beat him with the baseball bats which were made of steel. Kai did not fight back. He promised Sora that he wouldn’t fight anymore. He used his hands to defense himself but they were too powerful.

Sora was walking pass the alley until he heard sounds coming from the alley and someone’s whining. She quickly ran there and shouted at them. When the five boys heard her coming, they threw their bats away and started to escape.

When Sora walked near the body which was now lying on the floor, tears started to form. It was her husband, Kai. With his body full of blood.

 

Kai smiled while touching Sora’s face and then he shut his eyes. His hands landed beside him. Sora embraced him more.

--

Sora was pacing back and forth in front of the surgery ward that has Kai inside. She was afraid that Kai would leave her. She was afraid that no one would be there for her at her ups and downs. She was afraid that no one would joke around with her next time.

She can’t live without him.

The door of the surgery ward was opened. The doctor came out and Sora rushed to him. Without giving Sora a chance to speak, the doctor spoke first.

“I’m sorry. We tried our best.” The doctor said while patting Sora’s shoulder and walked away.

Sora couldn’t feel anything at the moment. She couldn’t even hear anything. She threw her weight to the ground while staring at the ground lifelessly.

You promised that you’ll bring me to travel around the world.

You promised that you’ll stay by my side forever…

You promised that you’ll marry me under the name of our love….

You promised me… but you broke your promise… you broke your promise…

Was everything a lie all these while?

 Are you the love of my life or are you another maybe?

Come back, please? Or should I go there with you?

 

Minah her television to listen to the news after having her breakfast. She cried a lot when she found out that Kai left them. Kai is like another family member to Minah since Sora and Kai were officially together. Three of them often go shopping and playing together.

Good morning everyone. I’m Sherene. Today the first breaking news was a suicide case which happened at Marilyn Inn. A girl which we believed to be Kim Sora, 18 years old, jumped down from the 9th floor of the building at 2 AM last night. Her body was found by the guard of the building….

Minah couldn’t hear the rest anymore. She swore that her heart stopped beating for one minute.

Kim Sora…” she mumbled. “You’ll always be inside my heart, my forever best friend.” She said while lying on her couch, trying her best not to cry. 

 

 

 

 

CLIFFHANGER XDDDDDDDD I RAN OUT OF IDEA WHEN I'M HALF WAY IN THE STORY. HAHAHAHAHHAHHAH SORRY XD