Trail of Sticky Notes

Sticky Notes [Born Free One Kiss]

Jiyong was lying on his bed in his room, bathing in the heat of the sunlight pooling in through the window. He smiled lazily, with his eyes closed. He felt so relaxed, his body and mind were at peace - that was until his phone rang disturbing the quiet aura of the room. 

Slightly annoyed, Jiyong picked up the phone and answered it, "Hello?" 

As soon as he heard who was on the other end, his face relaxed again and the corners of his lips turned up in a grin. Although the person on the phone only said two words before quickly hanging up, he knew it was her. 

"Go outside."

Jiyong, although confused, adhered to what the person on the phone had told him to do. He opened the front door and stepped outside. The sun shone brightly in his face and he had to hold his hand out to block the blinding light until his eyes had adjusted to the outside. Scratching his head, he glanced around maybe for a sight of his contactor but there was nobody in sight unless you could count a young girl on a scooter with her mother on the other side of the road. 

Jiyong frowned, he swept one last look around the front of the house before turning around to enter the house again. 

To his surprise, a yellow sticky note was attached to the brown, wood of the door. He pulled it off and read it aloud, "This is where our journey starts, go down the end of your road and find the postbox"

Jiyong did as the note said, when he reached the postbox, he saw that there was another sticky note stuck on it with the same swirly writing, 'This is the postbox you used to send letters to me when I was on holiday. Go to the local corner shop.'

He went further down the road until he reached the said corner shop. Upon entering he looked around for the same sticky note and saw one stuck onto the fridge containing the ice lollies. 

'This is where we used to buy ice lollies and eat them during those hot summer days. Down to the bus stop.'

Strolling to the bus stop, his searching eyes spotted another sticky note on the timetable. 

'Remember how we used to sit here while waiting for the bus to come, telling jokes and having fun together? Why don't you take a trip to the library?'

Jiyong sat down at one of the benches, gripping the notes he had collected so far. Less than a minute later the bus arrived and Jiyong hopped on. He found a seat and sat down, he spread out the sticky notes in his sweaty palm and smoothed out the creases, reading them over again, smiling at the traces of ink that her beautiful hand had left on the yellow paper. The bus announced his stop and he got off and immediately went off towards the brown, two storey building that was the library. 

Another note on the door of the library directed him to the shelf full of fantasy novels. 

'We had magical times here, you were part of my story and I was a part of yours. The next one's on the blue bean bag.'

Like said, there was another note placed on top of the beanbag in the reading area of the library. 

'When we hugged, you felt soft like this beanbag. Get up, it's time for school!' 

A few buildings down, Jiyong reached the school. It was closed for Saturday but the yellow sticky note on the gate showed that someone had visited it recently.

'You were the reason my school days felt exciting because to me, school meant I had several more hours to spend with you. I want to eat something at the cafe.'

Jiyong smiled at the last sentence and slowly jogged across the road to the cafe on the other side. He went to the seat that they always occupied when they came to the cafe and sure enough, the sticky note was plastered on the polished table.

'Strawberry for me and chocolate for you. February 14th - Valentine's day, the day you told me you liked me. To be honest I liked you too but I was too shy to admit it. Do you want to take a walk with me to the park?'

Jiyong looked around the cafe to see if she was watching him but still, she was nowhere to be seen. Chuckling, Jiyong happily walked to the park. He was happy to have received a confession from her, even if it was only on a sticky note. 

Jiyong gazed down at the wide area of vegetation. A wide area of grass for the football pitch, the playground, benches and trees. 

Squinting, a small flash of yellow caught his eye.

He ran up to it but the sticky note was blank. Puzzled, he looked around and saw another sticky note further down, this time it read, 'closer' another sticky note further down the track said, 'A little bit more'. 

Following the trail of sticky notes Jiyong eventually found himself closer to a line o trees. A sticky note had been attached with a small nail to a tall, beautiful blossom tree that was in full bloom. Jiyong walked right up to the tree that stood out with it's beauty and read the note on it. 

'This is where I first met you. Turn around.'

Heart pounding, Jiyong turned to find himself face to face with a petite, pretty girl. 

"Dara," he whispered, giving her a small smile. Sandara returned his smile before slapping something on his forehead. 

Jiyong pried it off  and read the last sticky note. 

'And this is where you kiss me' 

Jiyong beamed at Dara before pulling her closer until their lips met. 

Small, pink petals fell about the two as they shared their first sweet kiss together.