Prologue

You Filled My Dreams with Nightmares

Prologue:

“Hey, Henry! Henry!!” Zhoumi waved his hand to the younger boy. The group was in “vacation” because since they had nothing to do, they were just lazing around. Ever since Hangeng removed himself from the company, Super Junior-M went into hiatus. A hiatus some members took as a vacation-Zhoumi and Henry. Zhoumi returned to his home in China while Henry returned to Canada. But, the two of them came back to Korea to visit and also, it was because Lee Soo Man called them.

“Henry!” Zhoumi called the younger man again. “Yeah? What’s up?” Henry finally responded. “You have been in daze for, well, the whole time we were in the dorm.” Zhoumi said. “Well, like you said Ge, we’re in the dorm. The same boring old’ dorm.” Henry said. Zhoumi looked around the dorm. He’d hate to admit it, but Henry was right. “Da ge, I know you’d hate to admit it, but I am right.” Henry said nonchalantly which caused Zhoumi to look at him. “If ever you’re wondering, no, I’m not reading your thoughts.” Henry replied as he headed back to his room. “Going to sleep?” Henry nodded.

Henry went to the bathroom to freshen up and headed straight to his bed. His room was like all the other rooms in the two dorms the group occupied. But, what his room had that the others didn’t was the tenths of wires that occupied almost the whole floor. Like his room in their house in Canada, Henry’s was filled with a lot of wires, his keyboard, his laptop, a few speakers, a little space for him to practice his violin pieces. But, the one thing that stood out in his room was his wall, the wall right beside his bed. The wall had everything dear to Henry. From photos from his childhood to the songs he wrote. All of them were posted in his wall. He struggled to his double-decker bed. All the other members asked why he chose a double-decker but all he did was smile at them. Actually, sometimes, Henry liked to work on the top bunk and because of that, a double-decker bed was perfect for him.

Henry went straight to bed. He was having a wonderful dream when he had a nightmare.

His nightmare: *told in his POV*

I was walking in a dark alley, with no lights in the streets, no cars, no lighted buildings, no phone reception, no…people. Well, I wasn’t scared of the dark, I haven’t been afraid of the dark ever since I was in kindergarten, but, something about this dark place that was...frightening. I was wearing a sweater under my jacket; actually, this was what I was wearing when I went to bed. Hm, this is really weird. Why was the temperature rising? Now that I think about it, why did I have my phone inside my jean pocket? Weird, this dream is really weird. Wait, is this even a dream? Maybe I’m hallucinating and Zhoumi is looking at me, or worse, taping me! What the- Zhoumi! *echo*Hm, okay, so this isn’t a hallucination. Then, this really is a dream. Oh, a knife, so, if I stab my arm and feel no pain, then, that would prove that this was a dream. *picks up the knife and stabs arm* Hm, no pain at all. Well, that’s cool. I guess this really is a dream.

So, once again, I am walking in the dark alley. Does this alley end? “AAAAAAAAH!” I heard someone scream, and, it was a girl. “Hey! Let go of me! Let go of me you freak!” the girl shouted again. She was answered by a low laugh. “What’s the matter sweetheart? Ya think someone would come and save ya?  Hate to break it to ya but, nobody will save you. Now, be a nice little girl and open up.” The low voice said. I don’t like the way he said, “Open up.” I doubt he was asking information from the girl. I have a really bad feeling about this.

I think I’m crazy, but heck. That girl needs my help and I need to help her. “Hey! Don’t touch that!” The girl screamed again. Now I really need to help her. “Hey! The lady said no!” I said to the guy and immediately regretted it. The guy was ten times my size, had really bulky arms, and even bulkier thighs, and if I may add, he was hideous. “Well, well, what do we have here? A little boy is tryin’ to save his princess. Well, tough luck little boy, but she’s mine.” He said as he went back to what he was doing earlier. “Hey!” I shouted. I saw a metal bar just beneath my feet and grabbed it. I walked as quietly as I can towards the man. The girl saw me but I didn’t get a good look at her. I signaled her to be quiet and she did. I hit the ugly man’s head with the bar and it went thonk because of the impact. The guy let go of the girl and fell on the floor with a huge wound in his head. He was unconscious, but he wasn’t dead.

I looked at the girl again and saw her face. She had this chubby cheeks, short brown hair, brown almond eyes, pink lips, and white skin. I tried my best not to stare. “Hey, um, thanks.” She said. That brought me back to reality. “Oh, you’re welcome.” I replied. Luckily, it was dark and she didn’t see me blushing. “So, what’s your name?” she asked. “My name is Henry, Henry Lau. You?” I said. “I’m…” Before she could reply, I felt the ground move vigorously. It shook and shook. I squatted down and held onto a light post. When the shaking stopped, the girl was gone. I thought I was safe when suddenly; a huge wave came to my view. I started running when I was trapped. The wall blocked any other exits and the huge wave covered my entrance. I looked for another path when suddenly, the ground beneath me opened up and I fell in complete darkness. Before the alley disappeared from my view, I saw the girl. I tried to call for her but then, the ugly man came to view and, slashed the girl’s head. Blood started to fill my sight.

End of nightmare…

“AAAAAAH!” Henry screamed with beads of sweat forming on his forehead. “Mochi! What happened?” Zhoumi asked as he hurriedly went in the room. “I, I, I had the worst dream…no…nightmare ever.” Henry said as he wiped his sweat and went to his closet to pick new clothes since what he was wearing was drenched in sweat. “Hm, a nightmare. I thought you stopped having those ever since we went back from China the other year.” Zhoumi asked as he looked at Henry. “I thought so too, and dude, stop staring.” Henry replied. “I’m not staring. Hm, I wonder what caused your nightmares to come back.” Zhoumi said as he stood up to help Henry untangle the wire that caught his jeans. “I wonder that too. But, you know what?” Henry said as he looked at Zhoumi. “What?” Zhoumi asked as he untangled the wire. “That nightmare wasn’t like the others. It actually started as a dream.” Henry explained. “Whoa, okay, tell me exactly what happened.” Zhoumi said as both Henry and he went out of the room.

Henry told Zhoumi the whole story. He paused at some of the moments wherein he found too scary but told them anyway. That was when he felt a stinging pain in his arm. “Ouch! What is that stinging pain in my arm?” Henry said as he looked at his arm. All of the color on his face faded. He arm, had a huge wound, a wound one would get when he was stabbed. He looked at Zhoumi who was waiting for an explanation to why he had a pale face. “Zhoumi, I, I have a stab in my arm. The very same spot where I stabbed it in my dream.” Henry said. Zhoumi looked at Henry and to his arm and wriggled his brows. “You sure?” Zhoumi asked. Henry nodded. “Ya know, actually, well, there’s nothing in your arm. No blood, no wound, not even a single scratch.” Zhoumi said. Henry looked at his arm and saw that there really was nothing in his arm. “I think I’m going mad.” Henry said. “Maybe, who knows?” Zhoumi said and returned to drinking his hot chocolate. Henry shrugged and went to the couch and was followed by Zhoumi. “What time will they come back?” Henry asked. Zhoumi shrugged. “I don’t really know. All I know is that, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk have SuKiRa, but before that, they have a performance in Music Core where they’ll perform No Other and Boom Boom. Well, that’s actually all I know. Hey, kid, it’s getting late. Go back to sleep.” Henry nodded and headed back to his room. “I just hope I don’t get a nightmare again.

-End-