The Meeting

Grey

Words: 714

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There are a lot of things Jonghyun would've expected to be behind his door, a dinosaur was one of them but definitely not Jinki.

Jinki wanted to greet Jonghyun by a simple 'hello', Jonghyun, however, decided to greet him with colliding his fist with Jinki's face.

Key had no idea what happened but there was a man on his floor, nose bleeding, looking up in shock at Jonghyun, and so, Key decided to take him in.

Key thought Jinki was the last person you would punch, he was calm, polite, even his face has made Key forget why he was there in the first place.

When key finished treating Jinki, he could read the atmosphere, the cold, awkward silence, as if there was a long pause, and  they -Jonghyun especially- were waiting for a respond, Key decided to leave, he thought this was too personal for Jonghyun to have him in, after all, he had never seen him this mad, and somehow, desperate.

As soon as Jinki raised his eyes to look at Jonghyun, he was met with glassy eyes, an accusing glare, mouth in thin line and Jinki knew he was on his guard, ready to throw in another punch.

There's a lot Jonghyun wanted to ask, like, since when did you begin wearing your hair like that? Did you get taller? Why are there deep eye bags under your now tired eyes? But one question has beaten them all, one question that was repeating in his head over and over again.

"Why did you leave?" Jonghyun asked, his lips shaking as he did, he wanted to look tough, to keep that show on, to pretend he's more mad than relieved to see Jinki, but his face was softening up slowly, his mouth turning for a frown, his eyebrows pulled together and Jinki knew, so a small smile formed on his lips.

"I felt like it."

-

Jinki thought it was amazing how much people forget, how some memories were locked inside you until the right moment strikes, he wanted to tell Jonghyun that, but he knew he wasn’t forgiven just yet, Jonghyun left for 'some business' and Jinki was left with Key.

Key wanted to ask that stranger, why, why did Jonghyun have such a violent reaction to him? but at the same time, had made no moves on throwing him out, he was about to before Jinki took a sip from Jonghyun's drink. "He still likes sweet things, doesn’t he?" The one who drank asked with a warm, familiar smile and Key knew that knowing who Jinki was would kill him.

Jinki wasn’t exceptionally smart when it comes to people, but he was smart enough to know the kind of glances Key threw at Jonghyun and the kind of looks he gave him, Jinki bit down on his lip, the way this would end, it wouldn't end well, especially with Jonghyun and Key sharing a bed.

-

It was late when Jonghyun came back, wasn’t late enough for Jinki to leave, Key seemed like he went to sleep, he wasn’t the kind that would stay up anyway, however, Jonghyun did get back late for some reason and that reason was to not face Jinki, Jonghyun too, was afraid of what Jinki might say, and as he pushed his door open, a small part of his mind, a big part of his heart were wishing he would still be there, but Jonghyun was so used to not having these desires fulfilled that he had to pause and take another look at his guest.

"We need to talk." Jinki says calmly, watches as Jonghyun makes his way to him, but his body saying he's approaching the bedroom. "I have an exam tomorrow, I have to wake up at 6, so I think we should put this aside." Jonghyun answers then slips into his room, not bothering to Jinki out, he gets into his bed –shared bed- and covers himself completely in blankets, he feels himself start to shake, his eyes stinging, and finally tears, he stays there for a while, Key  awoke with his sobs and wrapped an arm around him.

Jinki expected such answer, and Jonghyun didn’t expect Jinki's face to be the first thing he sees the next morning.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the start I posted in my Jongyu dump, I'll leave it as a chapter and post the rest right away ^^