i; an act of protection

A Reason to Love

Kim Myungsoo’s Point Of View

                For four centuries, I can’t even look back with what had happened to my life. I barely even remember smiling, the only memory I had was my foster family betraying me, and my friends pushing me away. For how many years, I learned to live by myself, and start to earn a living; and from time to time I would find myself adjusting to a different place just because people might find it weird, how I don’t age, or don’t get sick.

                I don’t know what I am; it’s more like I’m undefined. The world had changed a lot since from the beginning of my time, people had been more mean and judgmental from what I have observed. Humans are selfish beings, and they never really accept things the way it is.

                I wanted to become human but I realized that once you become human, you’ll become weak, and because you become weak your thoughts sometimes yield for selfish ones and doings. And at times I would ask myself, why do I need to become human? There’s no reason for me to become human, yet.

                And I think, I won’t ever find a reason.

<;>

                Calling the Attention of Agent Bae Suji; Calling the Attention of Agent Bae Suji; Calling the Attention of Agent Bae Suji.

In the meeting room, two guys who sat beside each other bowed their heads down.

                “Someone will be in big trouble.” A man who’s about the same age as the person beside him said in a very hoarse whisper while taking a bit peek to the boss, “Jong-in, just where did your lady go?!”

                “Shut up Sehun! He might hear your voice. She promised me that she would be back in an hour.” Jong-in whispered in return, and finally it was his turn to peek, and saw their boss’s mood about to burst.

                “She had used the same trick for almost hundred times already, but still you let her off…

                It seems like you never even learn. You’re unbelievable.”

                “Because she’s Suji, it’s okay for me to get scolded anyways.” Jong-in answered, and finally relaxed on his chair. “I’m sure she wouldn’t want to join this meeting if it’s only about her arrange-marriage. So I’m pleased.”

                Sehun rolled his eyes and sighed in return, “After-all, there’s nothing I can do since you love her.”

<;>

                A shadow of a man dashed around the corner as Suji continued the chase. She was positive that he was the criminal after-all, and she believes she should solve the case now or it won’t be solved forever. As they came out in the main street, Innocents were being scrambled to stay away from the chase. The criminal was bringing a knife, and he’s on his way to the restaurant yet again to murder people.

                Screams from people were heard, and they ran towards the exit. A stampede was being created right at this moment, “Stop it! Stop this now, you’ll hurt a lot of people!” Suji shouted in return, she was alone and helpless in this case, would she be successful in catching this criminal?

                In the other side of the restaurant, there was a man who remained in his position like nothing happened and kept his earphones plugged. He took a sip of his coffee, calmly. It might look like that he doesn’t know what’s happening, but in reality he does. Upon seeing the sight, Suji shouted to the stranger, “Excuse me, Mister. You have to leave this place, Right away!”

                The criminal smirked in return, and turned his view towards the stranger. “Because you chased me around, this man’s life is gonna pay for you.” He drops his knife, and grabs his gun at the pocket. The moment his hand starts to slowly raise the gun, and go and shoot the stranger, Suji runs towards the strangers direction.

                Bang.

                A helpless yelp came out from Suji’s mouth, as the stranger turned his back; his eyes widen in return and suddenly his eye color changed to green as he looked deep into her. Everything seemed to have slowed down; everything seemed to be in slow motion. He looked at the girl who saved his life which never mattered to him, and just in time he bolted from his seat and grabbed her to prevent her dropping hard on the floor.

                The door opened to reveal cops “Raise your hands now! You’re under arrest, Mister!”

                This was the world after-all he believes, late.

<;>

Father, I saw a woman today saving my life in front of my eyes. I didn’t know how many seconds it took; it felt like hours when I saw her drop in-front of me. I didn’t know what to do, should I be thankful? I knew what was going to happen, but I never knew she would stop that from happening. Who was she? Why did she protect me? Why did she risk her life for me? I barely even know her name, and I barely even recognize her face. I don’t know father, but she saved a useless life.

                Myungsoo closed the book, in his hands and placed it inside his sling. He looked at the pale looking lady in front of him, and he observed closely. She was so fierce because he protected a stranger, attempted to capture a criminal, she was unique. She was beautiful too, she had long eyelashes, smooth white skin, beautifully shaped nose, and when he looked into that person’s eyes some time ago, it was mesmerizing.

                But once again, a question re-appears in his mind. Why did she protect me?

                “Sir, we finally are able to locate her identity.” A man of old age who appears to be a caretaker and a servant of Myungsoo, entered the room. “She’s Bae Suji. She’s an agent, yet we still can’t track where she lives.”

                “Thank you.” Myungsoo said in return.

                Myungsoo chose to let her stay in his room at this time; it was a good choice too. If he brought her in the hospital, then it would have been revealed that she was an agent, and people might know more about him. He made a good choice, he thought.

<;>

                Suji stretched her arms once the sunlight shined in her room, and with her sudden movement in her arms she let out yet once again a yelp in pain, forgetting what had happened to her last night. And that made her feel conscious, and reality hit her, she was indeed shot last night.

                Many questions appeared to her mind, how did she get home? Did her father know what happen? What happen to the criminal? Was the stranger shot? What happened after she got shot?

                “Damn.” Was all she can say, her right hand reached at her upper left back to touch the part where she got shot, her eyes widen in return to actually find no bandage, or something wrapped to it. Nor was there a scar present. It was flawless; she tries to open her mind to trace memories that would enter her head, and something had resurfaced to her mind, it was the stranger’s eyes. It was strange, from shades of black or somewhat brown, it had become green.

                Her heart skipped a beat upon remembering, why did that stranger suddenly become so intriguing? Who was he anyways? What happened to him? She doesn’t usually have interest with people whom she barely knows, but she feels like this person is somewhat connected to her, and she doesn’t even know why.

 


Thank you for reading, and do leave your feedback, gudae.