First Meeting

Infinite Story (Untitled)

 

“Alright, _____ you can do it.” you took a deep breath and walked into the building. You were wearing a black pencil skirt with a white top that made you look professional. At least that’s what you hoped for.


“Oh welcome Miss ______, you’re right on time.” A man in his early forties welcomed you who introduced himself as the manager, he seemed really glad for your arrival “The boys are waiting for you in the next room.”


“Great, thank you.” You walked into the room he pointed at and he followed you. You could hear noise coming from that room, various manly voices talking and laughing and you secretly smiled to yourself.


You and the manager entered the room together and suddenly the noise stopped. Seven pairs of eyes were looking at you from head to toe. You stood their nervously waiting for the manager to talk.


“Listen up boys, this is Miss _______ she’ll be teaching you English for your English album debut. Please welcome her and be cooperative.”


“Hello! My name is __________ and I’ll be teaching you English for the next 6 months. Please take care of me.” You said in fluent Korean.


“Woah!! She speaks fluent Korean!” One of the boys exclaimed.

“But she looks like a foreigner!!” A boy with blue hair exclaimed.

“Yeah well, I speak fluent Korean and English but ironically neither of these languages is my mother tongues.” You smiled at them.


“Alright boys, let’s introduce ourselves.” said a boy with flaming red hair.

“Oh right!” The boy with the blue hair said.


“1,2,3, hello we are Infinite!” They all said in unison.

“It’s nice meeting you Infinite.” You smiled at them again.


“Please take a seat.” The boy with the red hair said.

You took a seat facing them and they looked at you expectantly.


“Well, how about we start individual introductions in English? You don’t have to try too hard, I just want to know your level.”

“Hold on a second! You’re saying you don’t know us?” The boy who exclaimed about your fluent Korean said.


“Tt’s not that I don’t know you, I did a research about you yesterday and I know your names but I want to know about you from your English introductions.” You told him giving him a look that made him feel like a child.

“How old are you? You’re really pretty!" A boy who remained silent till now said.
“Oooh Myungsoo! You know how to hit on pretty girls, I bet you’ve been learning from me.” The same boy exclaimed.


“Oh guys, you’re funny. I’m 23 years old. Now can we start with the eldest?” You said.

“Hello! I’m Sunggyu, Infinite leader. Nice to meet you.” The boy with the red hair said in broken English.


“Hi Sunggyu, nice to meet you too. So what do you do in Infinite?”


“I’m the main vocal and leader.”

“Aha, and how old are you?”


“I’m 29 years old Korean age.”


“Aah! So did you go to the army or not yet?”

“Yeah I just returned from the army.”

“Well it’s really amazing know that about you Sunggyu.” You smiled at Sunggyu and gave a pat on the hand.


Suddenly you felt a pair of eyes looking at you intently, you looked into the direction and a really handsome boy put his head down immediately.

You brushed it off and moved on to the second eldest.

“Hellllloooooo!! What’s up? I’m Dongwoo! Infinite main rapper and dancer! Without me, Infinite can’t go on!” A really manly boy said with a beautiful smile said while laughing. You couldn’t help but laugh along with him.


“Oh hellllooooo Dongwoo! So how old are you?”


“28 Korean age! And yes I went to the army. Sunggyu and I went together.”


“I see! That’s such a great idea! It was really nice meeting you Dongwoo!” You said and gave him a genuine smile.


“I’m Woohyun, main vocal and do aegyo in Infinite,” the boy who said your Korean is fluent said with a hearty laugh. Before you could say anything, he started doing the rabbit aegyo.


You laughed out loud. "I understand now!! How old are you?”


“27 Korean age. I’ll go to the army…with this friend right here…..after our album” he said with effort and pointed at the boy who you felt staring at you a moment ago.


“Good luck! Hopefully you’ll be back soon to Infinite.”


“Hello! I’m Infinite dance machine and rapper, Hoya!” the boy who stared at you said.

“Hello Hoya! Nice meeting you!! How old are you?”


“27, I’ll be going to the army with Woohyun….hyung” he added “hyung” at the end hesitantly and looked at Woohyun.


“Good luck for you both. Hoya, how do you feel about releasing an English album? I read yesterday that was your wish.”


Everyone looked at you in amusement. You seemed like you did a thorough research for to find this information.

“Ah. Ummmm… We worked very hard for to reach this stage. We can’t wait to work harder.”


“That’s great to know especially this will be your last album with Infinite for the next 2 years.” You said sadly.


“Yeah, I guess.”


“She seems to be interested in Howon,” you heard Woohyun whisper to Sunggyu.


Sunggyu just nodded looking baffled. You slapped yourself mentally, you didn’t want to make anything obvious.

“Great to meet you Hoya, now moving on,” you ended your conversation making mental notes about each of the members’ English.

“Hi! I’m tall Sungyeol. I’m 27. I Infinite vitamin…and vocal.” The boy who said you looked like a foreigner said in poor English.


“Hello tall Sungyeol! Nice meeting you! So you’re Infinite’s vitamin? How so?”
He didn’t seem to get your question and stared at you. You explained the question to him in Korean and heard his “Aaaaahh”

“I laugh and everyone laugh.” He said.


“I’m looking forward to you making me laugh.” You smiled.

“Hello. I’m L. I’m the visual of Infinite.” A really handsome boy who Woohyun called Myungsoo earlier said.


“Wow! No wonder you are the visual of Infinite, you’re really handsome! I mean everyone in Infinite is really handsome too,” you said as the boys were groaning and glaring at L.


“So how old are you?”


“26”

“you seem to be a man with few words.” You told him teasingly trying to make him talk.


“Yes.”


“Ok, last but not least, we have…”


“Sungjong! My name is Sungjong! The young in Infinite!” A pretty boy said. The more you looked at him, the more self-conscious you felt. He was really pretty.
“hello Sungjong! How old are you?”


“25”


“Oh you’re the closest to my age!” You laughed.


“You’re my dongsaeng.” He laughed with you.


“Ok now we’re done! It’s amazing meeting you guys! You’re really great” You said switching back to Korean.


They all laughed and complimented you.


“In what level am I?” said Sunggyu


“I’ll be telling you your weakness points, but till now, everyone is almost in the same level which is easier for us,” you said. “Do you guys want to all be taught together or separately?” You asked them looking at each one of them.


“I want to be taught separately” Woohyun said


“Me too.” Hoya said


L, Sungyeol, and Sungjong looked at each other and nodded to each other.


“Myungsoo, Sungjong, and I want to be taught together.” Sungyeol said.
You took notes of the names and looked at Dongwoo and Sunggyu who seemed puzzled by the sudden decisions.


“Dongwoo and I want to learn together.” Sunggyu said at last.


“Ok everyone, I think it’s better that you separated in small groups, this way I can concentrate on each one of you”


“Do you have a boyfriend?” out of nowhere Woohyun asked.


“I…no I had a fiancé.” You said looking down at the table.


“Had? Why you two broke up?” There was a hint of sympathy in Sunggyu’s voice that made you want to tell them what happened.


“No, he died. 3 months ago.” You said looking at Sunggyu in the eyes.


There was an awkward sad silence in the room then Sungyeol broke the silence unexpectedly “How did he die?”


“Car accident.” You said.

“Are you ok now?” Hoya looked at you with concern.


“Yeah yeah of course! I mean he wouldn’t want me to cry for him right?”

“Was he Korean?”


“No he wasn’t, actually I don’t live in Korea, I just came from my country 2 days ago.”


There was a string of “oh”s around the room.


The manager returned then and asked you for a minute alone.


“Excuse me,” you said to the guys looking at you guiltily.

“Miss ______ I know in the job offer we said we’ll be offering you a place to live in, but due to the urgency of your arrival, we couldn’t rent a place for you yet.” He said apologetically.

“Oh. What should I do?”

“That’s why we thought you might live with the guys for a month till we provide with an apartment. I mean it will be good for the guys, you’ll be able to teach them without making appointments and you’ll get to know them better. Don’t worry, I live with them and I promise you they’ll be polite.”


There was a moment of silence as you processed what he just said.

You looked at him and said “Alright then, it’s one month only right?”

“Yes yes! Don’t worry one month only! We deeply apologize.” He said bowing.
“It's ok, I wouldn’t mind living with them.” You told him smiling.

“Great, I’ll tell them now.”

You both entered the room again. He told the guys the news. They all seemed shocked about it and tried to understand that a female will be living with them for a month.

After talking to them, they finally seemed to accept the idea and were a bit excited about it.

“Maybe in this month we can make you a fan.” Woohyun said.


“You and I can go shopping and watch movies together.” Sungjong said


“Oh Sungjong don’t be rude, she’ll want to rest and cook for us.” Sungyeol nudged Sungjong.

“Welcome to our dorm.” Sunggyu said.

“From now on our dorm will have to be kept clean.” sighed Myungsoo.

“You’ll have to clean!” Dongwoo laughed at Myungsoo while the other gave his hyung silent glares.

You were excited about their reactions; however, there was one person who didn’t share their reactions. He just looked at you and you looked back and then you felt your heart leaping.

Hoya didn’t want you to be there.