Forgetful

Forgetful

 

“Come on wake up!” I said shaking his body.

He groaned and shifted in his sleep dragging me with him into the bed.

“Ya! Yongguk! Just wake up, I want to spend the whole day with you.” I whined, my head muffled by his chest.

“What time is it?” he mumbled.

“It’s 8 in the morning! Wake up!” I tried yelling but my voice wasn’t that loud considering the way I was positioned.

“It’s 8 and you want me to wake up?” he finally opened his eyes and looked down at me sleepily. “One second, how come you’re awake this early?” he exclaimed.

“It’s your birthday, remember? I want to spend the whole day with you from the beginning! Get up, I prepared you breakfast.” I pulled my head back but my body was still on top of his.

He looked at me again and sighed. “We slept at 5 in the morning, don’t you think we need more sleep?”

“And who’s fault was that? Certainly not mine! You decided to stay up with me.”

“My favorite girl was watching my favorite movie of course I would stay up with her!” he smiled pleasantly. “And besides, the way I remember it, you were the one who asked me to stay up with you.”

“I see you’re losing your memory so early, old man. Up up! No more stalling, you’re waking up now and we’re gonna have breakfast, then we’ll go out.” I got up completely off him and sat by his side and held his hand.

“Isn’t this my birthday? I believe I get to do what I want, right?”

“Yup, anything you want.” I saw he was about to open his mouth when I remembered to add, “As long as it doesn’t involve a bed.”

He shut his mouth and looked at me with a pout.

“Come here,” he said pulling me once again on top of him. “Let’s sleep some more then I promise we’ll do anything you want.”

“But Yongguk-“

“Shh..” he patted my head and my back “Let’s rest.”

I surrendered to his will and closed my eyes as I went back to sleep.

I wasn’t exactly dreaming, I was somewhere in between. Aware of his arms around me yet didn’t possess the power to wake up. Time seemed to stay still but I knew it was somehow moving.

I woke up later to find myself in a different position than before. I was sleeping on my right side and his arms weren’t around me any longer.

I was faced with his eyes looking at me directly when I opened my eyes, but I didn’t know how to fathom what I was looking at.

“Good morning,” he whispered to me with a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

“Good morning.” I replied. My eyes looked at the clock next to me out of habit to see it read as 1 pm. “I think you should change that to good afternoon. See? The morning is gone.” I got up and sat in my place looking down at him.

He was looking at me with eyes full of surprise and amusement.

“Ugh. Now it’s all gone.” I whined.

“I tried to wake you up but you looked so peaceful and tired that I didn’t have the heart to do so.”

“Since when you’ve been awake?” I asked accusingly.

“I woke up at 11.”

“And what were you doing since then?”

“Watching you.” He murmured.

I squinted my eyes at him and almost put my hands on my hips. He was looking at me innocently knowing that the longer he looked at me, the less angry I become.

“Fine! You’re forgiven!” I yelled. “Just stop looking at me like that.”

“Like what?” he said widening his eyes which made him look more innocent than ever.

“Like a cute lost puppy! Don’t look at me like that I said.” I hit him playfully.

“I look like a puppy?” he grabbed my wrists stopping me from hitting him even more. He pulled me towards him so that now I was lying on top of him like before.

“Not any puppy, a cute fluffy lost puppy.” I whispered against his body.

“If I’m a puppy, then what are you?” he raised his eyebrows.

“Wait let me think,” I pretended to be thinking hard about it. “I’m a human and I’m your owner.” I said loudly.

“What? A human? You? Don’t even dream about it.” He said gravely.

“I get to be whatever I want.”

“So do I then.”

“No, you don’t. I’m your owner remember?” I stuck my tongue at him.

“You assumed that, I never agreed to it.” He put his palms on both sides of my face.

“Which exactly proves my assumption” I smirked.

“You little fox! No wonder you got me head over heels for you!” he said crossly.

“I did?” I said widening my eyes this time innocently. “What did I do to make you this hopelessly in love with me?” I trailed a single finger down his neck teasing him.

His nose flared and I saw fire burning in his eyes at the mere touch of my skin against his.

I blinked a few times trying to master my newly acquired talent of “innocence”.

“Well, I’d say your cooking is the best. That’s certainly a killer.” He put his arms on my body and moved them down my back till he reached my .

“It’s only the cooking? Nothing else, like my talent in ironing your clothes,” I opened his shirt slightly and put my hand on his chest. “Or my talent in keeping your hair clean?” I put my other hand in his hair massaging his scalp with the tips of my fingers.

“Now that I think of it, it’s none of the above.” He leaned his face closer to mine slowly.

“Enlighten me then.” I smiled too sweetly at him.

“It’s this-” he pulled my lips into his and kissed me fervently. “It’s your smile.” He said breaking away from my lips yet he stayed in contact so that our lips were almost touching.

“I think that’s the right answer.” I looked at him.

“Do I get an award for getting the answer right?” he raised his eyebrows seductively at me.

“Sure you do.” I leaned closer and kissed him passionately on the lips. “Get up now so that I can give you your award.” I gave him a peck and got up off him before he managed to respond to my kiss.

“What-” he exclaimed.

“Get up I said! We wasted so much time already.” I stood by the bed yet stayed away from the bed afraid he might grab me again and put me into bed.

“Where’s my award?” he got up slightly and looked at me bewilderedly.

“I told you to get up so that I can give it to you.”

“It’s my birthday though! Can’t we just stay in bed the whole day?”

“Nope. God, you and your memory! I told you you get to do whatever you want as long as it doesn’t involve the word “bed”.” I put my hands on my hips and glared at him. “I think it’s time you and I go visit the doctor. Your memory,” I shook my head letting the words hang in there.

“You said no bed?” he got up.

“No bed. Anything but beds.” I nodded.

“What about the couch?” he said. I opened my mouth to talk but he continued. “The shower? The wall? The floor? The car?” he smirked “I guess these all work then. Ah, I have so many options.”

“Ya! Yongguk, what are you talking about?” I said walking backwards as he walked towards me.

“I’m talking about what you and I are going to spend my birthday doing. And no beds are included.” A look of predatory was in his eyes and I immediately knew what he was up to.

“Stay away from me.” I warned raising a finger.

“Or?” he teased.

“Or I’ll go out by myself and I won’t give you your present.”

“You keep on talking about this present but you’re not making it clear what it is exactly.” He reached me now and put his hands on my waist and pulled me towards his body so that were connected.

“You aren’t giving me the chance to show you what it is.” I said in a small voice.

“I’m giving you all the chances in the world, you’re the one who’s stalling now.” The seductive look was still present in his eyes and I knew I was trapped completely.

“Fine, fine! How about we strike a truce? You will come willingly with me then I promise we’ll do anything you want, even if it included beds.”

“Really?” he said leaning closer to kiss me just below my earlobes.

“Really.” I breathed.

“Give me some time to think about it.” He murmured against the skin of my neck. He kissed me down my neck till he reached the nape. He stopped abruptly and pulled my head to his. He kissed me enthusiastically burying his hands in my hair and moving my head for a better access to my lips.

I gave up on trying to put sense into his stubborn head and kissed him back. I put my hands on his waist and moved my lower body against his.

He groaned and kissed me even more aggressively; his tongue left no place for discussions as he tried to show me he was the one who owned me body and soul in reality.

He removed his hands from my hair and trailed his hands down my bare arms. He grabbed the hem of my tank top and pulled it off my body.

He stood there for a while looking at my stomach and revealed s.

“y.” He whispered huskily making me feel like I’m actually y.

“You’re not so bad yourself.” I told him as I ed his shirt and pulled it off his body. I put my hands on his arms and admired how strong they felt.

He was looking at me intently gauging my actions. He pulled me to him once again and kissed me even more passionately.

He gripped the elastic of my pants and slowly dragged them down. I helped him in taking them off kicking them out of the way.

His hands were everywhere leaving invisible burns that only I could feel.

I felt myself getting so and I just wanted him at that moment. He pulled back once again but left his hands on my thighs them.

“Red,” he nodded towards my , “My favorite.” He grinned.

“You,” I nodded towards him, “My favorite.” I grinned back.

His smile became even broader till he started laughing that beautiful laugh of his.

“Honestly, come here.” He held my hand in his and kissed me on top of my head sweetly. “You know how much I love you, right?” he whispered to my hair.

“Aside from you calling me a little fox, I guess I can say I do know.”

“You called me a puppy first!”

“I didn’t call you a puppy,” I pulled a finger up when he was about to talk. “I called you a cute fluffy lost puppy, there’s a difference.”

He laughed once again and hugged me towards him skin against skin.

“So what do you want to do now?” he said.

“We’re almost , what do you think I want to do?”

“Swim?” he feigned a guiltless expression.

“No, shower!” I shook my head. “Whatever game you’re playing, it’s not funny anymore.” I glowered at him pulling myself away from his hug.

“I’m not playing any game, I just finally came to a decision about the truce.” He blinked.

“Please, inform me of your life-changing decision.” I said sarcastically.

“Ok, so you and I will go out right now to have breakfast/lunch then we will go watch a movie then you’ll give me my present then we come back home.”

“You want to go out right now?” I asked disbelievingly.

“Yes, right now. Any problem?”

“Apart from the fact that I’m almost and that you played me so well, no, no problems at all.” I said grabbing my pants.

“What? That’s not a problem at all! I actually helped you in changing your clothes. Now you just have to wear your clothes directly and so do I.” He smiled.

“Woah! You planned it very well Mister.” I eyed him suspiciously. “Very well, let’s just get dressed and go out, I’d like to see how this is going to end with you today.”

I headed towards the closet; I turned around to see Yongguk trying to stifle a smile.

“Oh, I forgot to mention that once I get dressed now, I wouldn’t be getting anymore.”

He stopped trying to stifle his smile and looked at me with his mouth agape.

“You won’t change your clothes for bed later on?”

“Nope, I’ll be sleeping with these clothes. Oh and I’m sleeping on the couch tonight.” I grinned at him and turned towards the closet and took out my clothes. I started humming happily enjoying my short-lived victory of teasing him.

I turned back once again to see he was still standing in his place weighing my every move.

“But it’s my birthday. You have to sleep next to me.” He said dejectedly.

“Once it’s midnight, it won’t be your birthday and you won’t be able to use this excuse on me anymore.” I stuck my tongue at him as I started wearing my jeans.

I watched him from underneath my eyelashes as he watched me wear my clothes. A few times I my bare legs on purpose to watch his reaction.

Knowing him, of course I knew he wouldn’t change his mind about going out. Yet knowing him too, I knew he couldn’t resist me.

After I finished dressing, I stood in front of the mirror and started fixing my appearance. I watched him from the mirror throwing glances my way while he wore his shirt. It felt like I could see him think about what to do next and whether I was serious.

“Let’s go.” I said after a while walking towards the apartment’s door.

I opened the door, just when I was about to step out, the door close and for some reason, my back was on the door and Yongguk was looking at me as if drilling a hole into my mind.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. “I don’t care if you won’t show me your body anymore, but please sleep next to me tonight. We’ve never slept apart ever since we got together.” He added.

I stood there with a poker face once I realized he wasn’t joking anymore. I blinked at him a few times trying to see through the man I love.

His eyes, just like always, showed me into his beautiful soul. I believed him in what he said; I saw the truth in the words he said. He really didn’t want me to sleep away from him.

A smile started growing on my face as I nodded at him.

“You know, sometimes you can’t take my jokes well.” I grinned.

“That’s because you have the worst humor ever!” he exclaimed.

“Even worse than Himchan’s?” I asked.

“Yup, even worse.” He said seriously.

I started laughing then, the way he said it just made me remember why I always thought he was cute.

“We’re ok now then?” he smiled at me.

“We’ve always been ok, you idiot.” I hit his chest playfully.

“Great! Let’s go! I can’t wait till I see that present you kept on bugging me about.” He grabbed my face and kissed me heatedly one last time before he and I went out of the apartment.

I almost blurted it out then and there what his present was. But I had to teach myself to be patient even though I couldn’t hold my excitement any longer.

As I drove the car, I kept on thinking about his reaction once he sees his present.

To cut it short, I managed to reserve a yacht just for him. However the real surprise wasn’t here. With the help of the other members, we invited his family and closest friends to celebrate the day God gave us such a beautiful man.

Every person who was there had a reason to be there. Each person who was there loved him unconditionally for the great man he is.

 We all loved him and respected him, he wasn’t any man though, he was myman. Although sometimes he annoyed me with his teasing, even though sometimes he made me angry with him, I loved him all the time.

I looked at him sitting next to me not knowing what I prepared for him. He met my eyes and smiled lovingly at me, I replied with a smile myself.

He was growing up, but he’d always be the young man I fell in love with. People who didn’t know him saw the hard shell he decided to show the world, yet I saw him as he is from the very first time I laid my eyes on him.

I smiled to myself knowing he would be the best husband a woman can dream of. And he would be the most perfect father with that heart of his.

This beautiful man, this inspiring man, would always be the one that made my heart shiver just from one glance, however he’d always be the man that made me smile without him doing anything.

I loved him and “happy birthday” was never enough to show him how much I was grateful for is existence.

I just hoped with the little surprise I prepared for him, he’d be able to feel it.

I smiled once again and the back of his hand. He and I have a long way to go.