My Savior & LIttle Exchange (Lee Joon's POV)

Nice Guys Finish Last

*Lee Joon's POV*

 

“LEE JOON OPPPPAAA!!!!”

 

“MARRRY MEEEE!!!!!!!”

 

“KISSS MEEEE!!!!!!!!”

 

“GO OUT WITHH MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!”

 

“INTRODUCE MEEEE TOO MINHOOO OPPAAAA!!!!!!!!!”

 

“GEEEZZ… These girls are seriously getting on my nerves” I growled.

 

I swung my backpack over my left shoulder narrowly hitting a girl in the face, stuffed my hands in my pockets and continued walking down the hall.

 

I have science next period with MinHo… Stuff that. First period over and already I’m pissed off.

 

My pace quickened as the fan girls around me began squeezing in closer.

 

I kept my head low, my hair falling over both my eyes.

 

One girl jumped forward in front of me and with trembling hands held up a bright pink envelope.

 

I sighed. Another love letter… I pulled my ear bud out of my ear to hear what she had to say.

 

“Lee Joon oppa… ummm… please accept my feelings!” she squeaked nervously holding the letter up to my face and bowing her upper body in respect.

 

I couldn’t see her face, but I could tell that she was frightened and nervous.

 

Like I care.

 

“Move” I growled in a deep menacing voice.

 

“But…” she squeaked jumping a little with my voice.

 

"Get out of my bloody way unless you want to get get hurt!" I said in a threatening tone. I snatched the letter from her hand, ripped it into tiny shreds and threw them onto the floor. She looked at me with wide eyes, tears were streaming down her face.

 

When she didn’t budge I lifted my head up and using my shoulder, harshly pushed her away.

 

She fell into the crowd of fan girls and began sobbing.

 

I rolled my eyes in disgust.

 

I continued on my way down through the corridor. No one followed me, thankfully. My encounter with the confessing girl must’ve shocked them.

I smirked.

 

I made a sharp turn at the end of the corridor and made my way up the staircase.

 

I went up to the top floor, where my locker was. I dialed the combination and pulled open the door.

 

Inside was like any other high school students locker. My blazer hung on the hook on the door and my name tag was tuck inside the chest pocket. There was a mirror on the door at face level and around it were traces of graffiti from previous students. My books were dumped on the bottom level of my locker and personal things like money and food were at the top. I took off my backpack and swung it into the locker. It hit the back wall and fell with a loud thump into place in the middle section.

 

The thump of my backpack echoed down the hall, it was only then I realized that everyone had gone to class.

 

I sighed… MinHo will kill me for not going to class.

 

I grabbed a few bills and stuffed them in my skinny black jeans pocket. Need it to buy lunch later.

 

“ WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH OUR PRECIOUS CHOI MINHO!!!”

 

My head whipped up in surprise. I know that voice.

 

I closed my locker door, locking it and made my way towards the source of the voice.

 

It led me to the staircase. I looked down through the rails to the lower levels and saw a glimpse of a bright red backpack and long brown hair.

 

I’ve seen that somewhere before…

 

Ah! It was MinHo’s chick. The new scholarship student. Like it mattered to be anyway.

 

I was about to turn around and go back to my locker when I heard a loud CRACK.

 

I turned around sharply. Following that was a thump and a whimper that echoed up and down the staircase.

 

I jumped to my feet and raced down the staircase.

 

I slowed down a little when I got to the 3rd floor.

 

I looked over the rail down to the 2nd and 1st level in between landing with the bridge leading to the science building.

 

There were the 3 so called “Princesses” of the school.

 

I scoffed. Yeah right they were princesses, more like attention seeking .

 

The most popular/leader “princess”, HyunA was standing over the newbie with her hand in the air in a claw shape and blood dripping off her nails.

 

Her followers JiYeon and Jessica were in the background whispering among themselves enjoying the show. JiYeon even had her pink jewel embedded phone out video recording the whole thing.

 

 HyunA crouched down to MiHyun. Her long brown hair shielding her face.

 

“Get up! Don’t try to act! You’re a !” screeched HyunA.

 

Her voice sent shivers down my spine. I tsked. Geez, she should tone down an octave, it’s not good for the student body, going to make everyone deaf by the end of the year.

 

HyunA stepped forward towards the trembling girl and raised her claw like hand in the air ready to strike again.

 

I could see MiHyun's body tense.

 

I waited 2 seconds before I threw myself down the last flight of stairs and at the last moment caught HyunA’s wrist in mid air.

 

I don’t know what came over me.

 

I stared at HyunA, my back facing towards Mihyun.

 

She turned around in shock. I heard the ‘minions’ JiYeon and Jessica also gasp.

 

HyunA’s face suddenly went pale and her hands began to tremble in shock.

 

JiYeon and Jessica also huddled together in the corner afraid.

 

“Leave…” I said in a deep menacing voice.

 

HyunA nodded feebly.

 

The more I look at her the more disgusted I get.

 

“NOW!” I growled and I threw her trembling body into JiYeon and Jessica.

 

I quickly turned around and bent down next to timid girl. First day of school and shes already getting herself into trouble. Talk about stupid.

 

When I could finally see her face I was shocked. There were 3 large scratches on her cheek with blood oozing out.

 

She had already stained her uniform.

 

Her eyes were squeezed shut like a scared little bunny.

 

I smiled a little, but I quickly replaced it with a frown.

 

I slid my hands one under her knees, the other behind her back and pulled her up into my arms.

 

Wow… shes quite heavy for someone so petite.

 

She started to move around and wiggle to try and get out of my arms.

 

“Don’t move around, otherwise I’ll drop you” I harshly whispered in her ear.

 

She turned around to look at me, but I turned my head around to stare directly forward.

 

I carried her over the bridge to the science building. Then up the stairs and through the fire escape to the roof.

 

I set her down gently on the roof and immediately turned around back to the fire escape.

 

“Hey! Wai…” I heard her say.

 

“Shut up” I cut her off harshly, “I’ll be back”

 

I walked through the emergency door down the stairs and over the bridge to the main building.

 

HyunA was still there with her minions.

 

They were dusting themselves off.

 

JiYeon was complaining about breaking a nail, Jessica was trying to fix her hair and HyunA’s makeup was running down her face from her overflowing tears.

 

I walked up close to them and picked up a pink bejeweled mobile off the ground.

 

It was open to the photo gallery. I quickly went to the latest pictures and saw a video of MiHyun getting beat up.

 

Out of the corner of my eye I saw HyunA and her minions turn around in shock.

 

 I ignored them and continued to look through the photos. At least ¾ of the photos were of me and MinHo.

 

I breathed out heavily. Ever heard of privacy!?

 

I couldn’t be stuffed going through the whole album choosing which photos to delete so I just deleted all.

 

I was truly angry. No trash that. I was furious.  How can they have so much fun bullying a new kid that has only been here for 2 hours?! Not thats its any of my business but seriously! Have they ever heard if common curtsy?  How can they be so sly to take so many photos of me and MinHo.

 

Sure we were the ‘princes’ of the school. But this is just ridiculous.

 

My eyes flamed as I looked over at them.

 

I gripped the phone tightly in my hand and with one fluid motion smashed it onto the ground. The phone shattered below my feet. I raised up my leg and stomped my foot onto the phone. The screen cracked beneath my heavy boots.

 

The girls gasped in horror at my action. Tears started flowing down JiYeon’s face. Looked like it was her phone.

 

I glanced towards them and gave a cold glare. "If I see you girls causing anymore mischief, don't think i'll take it lightly..I mean it!" 

 

I stalked away down the stairs to the first floor leaving the girls by themselves.

 

I quickly walked towards the infirmary next to the office and without asking grabbed a first aid box from the desk. There was no one in there anyway.

 

I didn’t want to see the 3 girls again so I decided to take a longer route back to the newbie.

 

I pulled open the emergency fire door and walked through. She didn’t turn around. I went and sat down next to her.

 

I looked at her face, the wound was facing away from me. So I grabbed her cheek and turned her face towards me.

 

Her eyes grew wide in shock.

 

Those eyes… So beautiful. They were big and brown, most importantly they were pure.

 

No! Don’t think like that! I scolded myself.

 

I looked down from her eyes to focus on her injury.

 

I ripped open an alcohol wipe packet and grabbed one to wipe her wound.

 

Tears suddenly started to overflow and run down her face. The blood on her cheek stained the tears red.

“Don’t cry idiot. It’ll make it worse” I hissed, trying to hold back the urge to comfort her.

 

Her tears were dirtying her wound.

 

Once I finished cleaning the wound I carefully chose the right size bandage from the first aid kit and stuck it firmly over her cheek.

 

By then her tears had run dry and her sobs had turned into coughs and chokes.

 

I quickly packed everything up and turned away to face the scenery.

 

We sat there silently for a moment. I could sense her looking at me.

I heard her take a deep breathe, “Umm… thank you, for… Everything” she said quietly.

 

“hn” I grunted in response.

 

I heard her sigh.

 

“So I guess I’d better get going…” she said, standing up.

 

I turned around quickly and grabbed her wrist. “Don’t…” I took a deep breath, “… get into anymore trouble… I wont be there to save you… do you understand?” I said sternly trying to hold in the gentleness seeping out of my voice.

 

“I won’t” she whispered in response.

 

What is wrong with me?! I slowly let my hand slide from her wrist and turned back hastily towards the scenery.

 

I felt her presence fade away and heard the door swing open.

 

“By the way, I would wash your uniform if I was you…” I said bluntly still facing the scenery.

 

I heard her sigh.

 

I suppressed a small smile as I heard the door click shut behind me.

 

I sat there for another 5 minutes before I stood up, stuffed my hands in my pockets and made my way through the door and down to the cafeteria.

 

I pressed my ear bud back in my ear, however there wasn’t any music playing. I couldn’t be stuffed playing anything.

 

I walked through the cafeteria doors, everyone grew silent and turned to look at me.

 

I was already used to it.

 

I walked up past the line of students at the food stations and grabbed an apple from the counter.

 

No one complained that I cut the queue. No one ever did, no one ever will. They knew what I would do if they did.

 

I walked back to me and MinHo’s table in the corner of the cafeteria facing the school yard.

I sat down and took a bite of my apple. After what happened with the newbie I didn’t really feel like eating.

 

I felt the atmosphere in the cafeteria suddenly change when I took my second bite of my apple.

 

Everyone started to whisper among themselves.

 

I rolled my eyes, probably MinHo just arrived. Maybe he got another perfect score again in the exam.

I waited for him to come to the table and sit down with me. But the person that sat down was not who I expected.

 

I looked up and saw it was the girl I just saved from serious harassment 15 minutes ago.

 

“Hey Joon,” waved MinHo from behind her.

 

“MinHo… are you craz-“ I snarled at him.

 

“Wait, I’ll be back” he quickly raised his and to stop me and raced off towards the food stations.

 

I sighed angrily. How could he let her sit with us! Does he not realize the damage he could do to our lives? And hers?

 

I stared daggers into MinHo’s back as he went through and purchased his typical everyday banana milk along with a fruit box. My eyes adverted to MiHyun. "This is pathetic." I hissed "Did you not hear my words? Stay out of trouble and look what you do. You follow Minho to the cafeteria. You are such an idiot." I said, the harsh tone ripped through the dense awkward air.

 

MiHyun tensed "I didn't mean to." she said in almost a whisper.

 

I rolled my eyes "Well guess what. You better prepare yourself. Cause neither me or Minho will be there to rescue you." I sneered back. I looked up and spotted Minho in the distance.

 

He walked back towards us with a big smile on his face. I glowered back at him.

 

He sat down and offered MiHyun the fruit box. She rejected his offer, but MinHo insisted.

 

He opened the lid for her and unfolded the fork from inside the box, grabbed her hand and handed the fork to her.

 

I saw her smile at him. A true smile.

 

MinHo suddenly turned around to look at me. My eyes burned with unknown rage.

 

I quickly turned my head around, and crunched into my apple ignoring what ever look he was giving me.

 

Silence fell upon the table. The whole cafeteria along with it. Everyone was waiting to hear the conversation between us.

“So… where were you period 2? I saved a seat for you in science but you never showed up” MinHo said to MiHyun.

 

My chewing stopped.

 

I heard MiHyun choke.

 

“Are you okay?” asked MinHo worried.

 

I turned to look at her. She waved her hand in the air to show she was alright. I rolled my eyes.

 

MinHo offered his banana milk to her, but she rejected. I don’t know why but I was holding my breathe along with the whole school waiting for her answer. I was sort of relieved she declined the offer.

 

I watched as MinHo suddenly took off his blazer and cardigan and offered his cardigan to Mihyun.

 

“Here, wear this over your cardigan so it covers most of the stains,” he said holding out the cardigan for her.

 

She gave him a grateful look and slipped the cardigan on under her blazer.

 

She looked even more petite in MinHo’s clothes. Petite but heavy. She looked....cute...Wait what! No stop it Joon! What the hell are you thinking.

 

“Thank you so much MinHo. I promise to return it to you first think tomorrow after washing it” she said brightly and smiled.

That was the longest sentence I have ever heard her say, the brightest smile I have ever seen, and it wasn’t even for me. Not that it mattered.

 

I stood up urgently. My chair toppling to the ground under me with a clash.

 

I saw MinHo and Mihyun both stare at me in shock along with the whole cafeteria.

 

My eyes darkened and the unconsciously crushed the apple core in my fist.

 

“Joon, whats wro-“ said MinHo.

 

But I turned around and stomped out of the cafeteria.

 

I felt everyones stares digging into my back, but I didn’t care. I was pissed for an unknown reason and I needed to be alone.

 

I just had to get away. From him and her...