Reunion

Z-Royale Academy

Although it was all too impossible but from the looks of it, she still decided to ask,

 

“Are you interested in me?”

 

“What made you ask?” Yesung countered which only made it all the more suspicious.

 

“Why don’t you just answer?” she wouldn’t want him to harbor those kind of feelings towards her.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m not the pestering type.” He smirked.

 

“Meaning? You really do have feelings for me?”  No way. Baltuande.

 

“Why do you care?”

 

“Hello? Everybody’s asking me why you’re paying me special attention,” not really everybody though; only his brother.

 

“Forget about JB. He’s just being too nosy. Let’s go!”  oh yeah, he reads minds.

 

“You still didn’t clear anything,” she complained.

 

“I’m interested. “

 

He wouldn’t meet her gaze.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Just not the way you think I do. Now can we go?”

 

“Sure,’’ she suddenly felt embarrassed that she asked. But at least she won’t have to burden herself about returning his feelings just because she owes him big time.

 

They finally reached the council. Yesung firstly showed her where the council conducts their regular meetings. It turned out to be grander than what she actually expected. High and thick walls surrounded the hall. A gigantic chandelier placed at the center of the ceiling. A long U-shaped table was settled in the middle of the hall with 7 chairs distanced for about a meter apart.

 

“We call this the great hall,” Yesung introduced her. Yeah, the name really suggested the structure of their “office”.

 

“This great hall of yours is your so-called main office?” she looked around and noticed how dim the lighting in this hall. The light was only coming from the chandelier.  

 

“Not really. Our main office is down the hallway. There. “ He pointed at an even darker room five blocks away.

 

As they go around the hall, they stopped at the Records’ Section which was across their main office.

 

“Where are your other officers right now?”

 

“Ohh. They’re having their classes,”

 

“How about you? Don’t you have your class?”

 

“In 5 minutes, I’ll have my class. I wonder where’s that Myungsoo. He should be here by now,”

 

“You mean the records’ clerk?”

 

“Yes. Just wait here for a moment. I just have to look for him around. He must be sleeping somewhere again.”

 

“Okay.”

 

He teleported, as usual. Tsk.

 

As the minute passed by, someone familiar caught her attention. It froze her right to her place.  There was no way that he was here. He was busy filing a stack of papers at the end of the room.

 

She walked cautiously to get away from that guy she promised to never talk to ever again. She never could have imagined that they would cross paths again. She never thought that his effect on her was still the same even after 5 years had gone by – it still hurt her just by the sight of him.

 

She was already getting away when she tripped; that caused him to look at her way. She tried to stand but her broken ankle made her fall right back to her place.

 

“Miss, Gwaenchana?” he was now offering her a hand while she was still looking down, biting her lip to endure the pain in her ankle.

 

“Yes. I’m okay. You can leave me now, “ although she needed first aid, she can’t risk to be recognized now.

 

He didn’t leave. Instead, he took her ankle on his lap as he sat down,

 

“No. it’s okay,” she tried to release her ankle from his grasp but he didn’t even budge.

 

“You’re definitely not okay. Why did I even ask?” he pressed her ankle gently; although it was painful at first, it gradually became alleviating, the pain from her ankle seemed to lessen.

 

After a few moments, his hands glowed, heat started to transfer from his hand to her ankle. And from there, something unimaginable happened, the pain on her ankle was no longer pricking her, and even the bruise was no longer there!

 

It made her look up to him, her eyes wide, “Did you just heal me?”

 

He lightly let go of her ankle now. He smiled, “Yes. Be careful next—“ he stopped as recognition hit him. He was now looking at her eye to eye. She cursed herself for being too excited about his healing power that made her totally forget that she was not supposed to let him recognize her. Now, there was no way to go.

 

“Jiyeon?”

 

She just smiled bitterly, “Yeah. Long time no see,”

 

“Whoa. Small world, huh?” he shifted uncomfortably.

 

She didn’t want to get this reunion any more awkward than it already is so she decided to get up,

 

“Seungho. I have to go. I’ve an urgent appointment. Nice meeting you again,” she started walking away rapidly.

 

“But…”Seungho tried to stop her.

 

And so she stopped and looked back at him.

 

He smiled.

 

That hurt her even more.

 

Although she was in so much pain right now, she smiled back, “Thank you for healing me by the way.”

 

She didn’t wait for him to respond; she just turned her back to him and continued walking away without looking back.

 

Thankfully, he didn’t follow her; he was probably too shocked with their unexpected reunion and the unexpected treatment he received from her.

 

She didn’t realize that she was far away from the spot where Yesung left her. All she cared about now was that she must go away from Seungho as far as possible. She was running now while drying up the tears that were starting to fall from her eyes.

 

She never wanted to feel this vulnerable again. She run and run until she tripped. AGAIN.

 

She screamed as she felt helpless, “Why did you have to show up in my life again?!”

 

Someone cursed, “Ugh. So noisy,”

 

“Screw you!” she barked.

 

“What? Did you just - - -“ whatever he was trying to say was cut as both of their eyes grew wide.

 

“YOU?” they asked at the same time. Her eyes wider; on the other hand, he yawned while rubbing his eyes.

 

She was the first to regain her composure, “ YOU JERK? It was because of you that I tripped!”

 

“What?”

 

“You were sleeping carelessly and your foot was blocking my way!”

 

“Yah!! “ he suddenly went nearer, examining her face,

 

“Wae? !”

 

“Were you crying? Your eyes are puffy red,”

 

“Ani,” she looked away.

 

“Are you on high with drugs then?”

 

“Why do I have to explain to you? “ she rolled her eyes.

 

“No matter how I look at it anyway, your eyes still looked like you just cried,” he mocked her.

 

“Insensitive jerk,” she barked.

 

“One more insult I hear from you and you’ll know what will happen to your voice next,” he warned.

 

“Are you threatening me?”

 

“Myungsoo! I’ve been looking for you everywhere! Ooops. I didn’t know that you had a girl—“ Yesung stopped when I looked at him, “J—jiyeon? Why are you here?”

 

“Long story.”

 

“Okay. Nevermind then. So, you know each other already,”

 

“Of course not, I just happened to pass by here,”

 

“Okay then. Myungsoo, she’s Jiyeon. Jiyeon, he’s Myungsoo,”

 

She was dumbfounded, “You mean? He’s the records’ clerk? The one to take me to my classes?

 

“Tsk,” was all Myungsoo could say.

 

“Precisely, and he’s also the council’s secretary.”

 

“HAHAHAHAHA. You kidding me, right? This jerk? Your secretary?”

 

Myungsoo glared at her venomously.

 

“Why? Did you expect a girl to be a secretary?”

 

“Kinda. Why him?”

 

“I’ll be late if I continue staying here. Any question you want to ask, just direct it to Myungsoo for now, he’ll answer for you.”

 

Myungsoo just smirked.

 

 “Looks like he didn’t want to comply. I’ll just wait for you Yesung. I don’t want to be tied up with this jerk.”

 

“But he’s most willing to comply, right Myungsoo?” Yesung used that condescending voice of him, obviously exercising his authority over him.

 

“I don’t even have a choice, do I?” he retorted.

 

“It’s good that you understand. “

 

Yesung then turned to her, “ You don’t have to worry about anything, okay? ” he smiled and ruffled her hair, “He’s a good guy,”

 

With that , he teleported leaving her in a daze. Did he just ruffle her hair?

 

This is the first time that I’ve seen the president to have an intimate contact with a girl

 

She turned to Myungsoo with a glare.

 

“What? I haven’t said anything,”

 

This girl is such a weirdo. . . Don’t tell me she could read minds too.. HAHA. No way. She would’ve read what I thought when we met before. So it’s impossible.

 

Whoa. What was that? Is she hearing things now? She was sure that Myungsoo wasn’t even opening his mouth and yet, she could hear his voice.

 

“Are you planning to continue staring at me like that?” the jerk scorned.

 

Chincha. Her beautiful face is such a waste.

 

She’s getting goosebumps now. She couldn’t react properly even. What was she hearing?

 

“YAH! Am I that gorgeous?” Myungsoo mocked at her.

 

“In your dreams,” she finally managed to utter.

 

I’m sure she’s just right here. I saw her turned around this corner.

 

Whoa. Another voice again? But not from Myungsoo.

 

“Did you hear that?” she asked the jerk in front of her.

 

The voice was really familiar..

 

“What now? What are you playing at?” Myungsoo snapped at her.

 

Jiyeonnnn.. Why do I feel like you’re avoiding me?

 

That familiar voice again..  

 

That voice..

 

Jiyeonahhh..

 

“YAH! Are you okay?” Myungsoo held both the sides of her shoulder to shake her. Normally she would complain against his touch but that voice..

 

I miss you Jiyeonaahh..

 

That familiar voice who kept on calling her belongs to only one man..

 

… Seungho.

 

I still have lots of things to say.. 

Eotokke? This girl is trembling terribly.

 

She was hearing two voices now. The other was from Myungsoo who wasn’t still talking but clearly was taken aback by her.

 

“Jiyeon?” Seungho’s voice was clearer now.

 

“Seungho. Why are you here?” Myungsoo talked to the person at her back.

 

Even only with her back, I am so sure she’s Jiyeon but what’s her business with Myungsoo?

 

She grabbed Myungsoo’s hand. “Take me away from here,” she whispered while gritting her teeth without looking back.

 

Seriously, this girl..  “NOW,” she tightened her grip around Myungsoo’s wrist.

 

 I got the feeling that Jiyeon’s avoiding Seungho.. That explains her strange actions..

What's taking them this long to face me?

 

“PLEASE.” She mouthed the words to him.

 

I can’t refuse with that look on her face. The hell with Seungho, he’s looking at me oddly now and obviously waiting an explanation from me. And oh , he’s coming nearer. The first time I felt all so nervous!

 

“Hold on tight, okay?” Myungsoo told her.

 

Tsk. this damsel in distress. She’s giving me no choice!

 

She just nodded thankfully with tears swelling up her eyes, attempting to fall anytime.

 

“What’s wrong Myung-“ That was the last thing they heard from Seungho before she was again with that dimension where they travelled like the light. She closed her eyes and held on the wrist of the jerk , who if not for Seungho, she wouldn’t have asked for favor in the first place.

 

They then reached somewhere in a dungeon. No matter where they were, she felt relieved that she was far from Seungho at the least.

 

“Now, what was that about?” Myungsoo finally was back to his cocky voice.

 

“Where’s this place?" She looked around the place, she didn’t want to talk about the incident earlier.

 

And she was no longer hearing his voice which made her ask him, “How do you assess if you could actually read minds?”

 

“Well. You could ask that to Yesung later if you want to hear accurate explanations. But aren’t you going to explain anything about earlier? ”

 

“I think I might’ve heard your thoughts for a moment earlier,” she was insistent on not talking anything related about Seungho.

 

“WHAT?!” She could see that Myungsoo seemed was more concerned now with the fact that she just read his mind earlier or hearing his thoughts- technically speaking.

 

“But I could no longer hear them now.I wonder if..”

 

 

 

 

===

So yeah! Another update :D And Another character revelation! haha. So the gorgeous/wicked jerk (according to jiyeon) from chapter 1 was actually Myungsoo ^^  Plus, Seungho appeared too! And apparently, he had a past with Jiyeon..  It seemed really painful for Jiyeon that she even showed her weak side to Myungsoo whom was a total stranger to her. But what kind of past was it? Stay tuned to know more about the characters.

 

Btw, if you also noticed, some font colors were different; that is to emphasize the two different voices which Jiyeon was hearing. So, do you think Jiyeon actually for a moment there was able to do mental telepathy? Is that how mental telepathy works? Hearing voices? Keep posted to understand better. 

 

My dear readers, if you don't mind, please do vote, subscribe and COMMENT! Thank you. ^^