Chapter 1

Till the last second i'm thinking of you.♥

[ <you> 's POV]

I turned over in the uncomfortable hospital bed. It was like seriously rock hard and the most uncomfortable thing you'll ever have to be in. It's a good thing i'm dying soon. I won't have to tolerate this any longer.

Then i heard the door to my hospital room open. The last person i wanted to see, besides the ty nurse, was my so- called boyfriend.

"Surprise!" He smiled. He brought in a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates.

I can't believe he's doing this to me. "Idiot, i don't even eat chocolate."

His eyes widened in surprise, "really? , i'm so sorry!" He threw them into the bin.

"Hey, don't throw them away, I can give them to someone else." I leant my arms out so he knew i wanted them back.

He smiled and tossed them to me.

"Can you be a little more gentle? I'm kinda dying here." I said half angry.

My so called boyfriends name was Myungsoo. Not like the INFINITE Myungsoo. Just some random Myungsoo. He wasn't even my boyfriend.

"Sorry." He looked down. He's only been here for a minute and our conversation is already awkward. Not like he's my boyfriend or anything.

"So...why did you visit so late? Time to say goodbye before i die?" I asked casually. I knew why he was here. He hadn't visited me twice since i told him i was dying of cancer. The first time he visited he never came back. Probably saw how ugly and i looked from the chemotherapy that he was scared of me. He was here today...to break up with me. I'm no genius...but it was totally obvious.

"You know... busy and all." He shuffled his feet, trying to think of excuses. He can't even look at me in the eye.

"No." I said simply.

"You came to break up with me because I'm about to die and you can't stand looking at my ing ugly face. Don't deny that okay. I got it, you can leave now." I said unphased.

" ........." He said softly.

"Just go okay? And take your chocolate and flowers with you. I won't even live as long to see them wilt." I motioned for him to get out.

He didn't know what to do or say. He picked up his flowers again and took his chocolate off my lap. He leant in..as if he was going to kiss me..but he started shaking. Yeah too ugly and scary looking that he can't even kiss my forehead.

"Bye you ." He said before leaving.

Yeah that was my boyfriend. Not really. I don't even know how we got together. But i'm definitely not sad he's gone.

I pulled my computer out from behind my pillow. I'm already dying, a little radiation isn't going to kill me.

______ has signed in.

______:  hana.

kimhana: ___ you're up!

_____: why isn't anyone visiting me today?

kimhana: mianhe unnie, umma and appa are busy today~ i can visit you if you want?

 ____: It's okay... i'll be fine.

kimhana: unnie, enter this competition! it's with BEAST! And you love BEAST. Maybe you can win and meet Seobie! Here's the link.. > ___________________________

 

 

 You open the link and find that it asks you several questions on why you want to meet BEAST. Are you even bothered? You click the first box and start filling in your details.
You're up to the last box now. It's asking you why you want to meet BEAST and your chosen member: Yang Yoseob.

You answer simply:

I am about to die in a day.

You submit it. Hopefully they won't think it's a prank...but then again you couldn't care less.

You shut your computer and roll over on your uncomfortable hospital bed and fall asleep.

Regardless of the outcome, you still feel happy to have entered. Your life was nearly over..a little more disappointment wouldn't hurt.

In the morning you were awoken by the shuffling of feet and rearranging of furniture.

You were so angry. If you were going to die, at least getting enough sleep was necessary right?

Your eyes fluttered open and the people in the room began to cheer.

"Umma, it's too early...go away." You swat at the air.

"Umma? I'm not your umma." You open your eyes and see Doojoon peering up at you. He chuckles.

Your eyes widen and you realise that BEAST is in your hospital room. On a normal day you'd go brush your teeth and fix your hair and put on some make up but you couldn't care less today.

"Doojoon? Hyunseung? Dongwoon? Junhyung? Kikwang? YOSEOB?" You stare at Yoseob. You can't believe he's in front of you.

You rub your eyes shakily.

"Are your hands shaking because you're so excited?" Junhyung asked.

Your face immediately frowns. "I'm dying. Cut me some slack."

Yoseob comes and sits by your bedside. "Is oppa your bias?" He points at himself.

You chuckle. You haven't laughed in ages. "Obviously." You point at all the posters and pictures on your hospital wall. You've been in here so long you could even personalise your room. Great.

"Yay." He grins and hugs you tightly before kissing your forehead.

You smile. No one's ever done that besides your family and close friends.

"Hey. Yang Yoseob. Calm down and stop hitting on OUR fan. " Kikwang slapped Yoseob's arm and emphasised our.

"Yah Kikwang, if you can't see...she's MY fan." Yoseob turned back around and grinned at you.

"You're very pretty." He complimented.

You scoffed. "Don't be crazy. My face is about as bad as it gets right now.

In that moment, your hospital door opens and in comes the nurse that helps you shower and get ready in the morning.

BEAST bow to her and help you enter the bathroom.

After half an hour you come out of the bathroom looking fresh and smelling nice. All of Beast are happy to see you back and looking fresh.

"Ah ____, you look even prettier now." Yoseob grinned playfully.

"Stop it!" You flushed red. Your face had some colour now, it was amazing.

"So..." Hyunseung attempted to start a conversation.

"How bad is your condition?" He asked curiously.

Doojoon slapped Hyunseung. "That's not polite."

Dongwoon nodded. He brought a pillow and put it behind your head so you could sit up. Maknae was always so thoughtful. You smiled and thanked him.

"Nono it's okay. I don't mind." You half smile.

"I have cancer." You hear all the boys gasp.You continue. " I've had it for around...5 years now? I don't know how i got it..but this is the stage where my body is closing down and i'm about to die. I've faced the reality already..it's okay. I didn't think i'd ever win the competition to meet any of you..but this is a good way to say goodbye." You smile. You feel as if you want to cry but this is not worth your tears.

Yoseob moves in and hugs you. "We should've come earlier." His mood went from happy to immediate sadness after he heard your story.

"agreed." Kikwang said softly.

"Well how would you want to spend your...remaining days?' Junhyung asked.

"I think today's my last day." You reply.

"So why aren't your parents here?" Doojoon asked.

"My parents know i'm going to die.. They don't give a about me anymore. They gave up when they knew i'd never recover. They barely visit me anymore." You shrug. You've already accepted that fact too.

"Oh my gosh." Dongwoon moved closer.

"That is so terrible." Yoseob shook his head.

"Oh.." You remember something. You turn to Kikwang. "If i die today and you're still here...my sister will visit in the late afternoon/evening..and she's your biggest fan. Take care of her for me please?" You plead with Kikwang.

He immediately nods. "of course."

"Do you have any last wishes or anything?" Hyunseung asked

You feel embarrassed to ask. "Is it okay if i spend 5 minutes alone with Yoseob oppa?" You lower your head in embarrassment.

"Of course!! "Doojoon pushes everyone but Yoseob out of the room.

Yoseob moves closer and looks at you.

"What did you have in mind?" He smiled.

"let's duet." You reply simply.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

You sing a cover of G.Na and Rain's song (What I Want To Do When I Have A Lover)  애인이 생기면 하고 싶은 일

  (What i want to do when i ha )( You fell in love with it because you heard Yoseob and Gayoon sing it.

 

"You want to sing that song?" Yoseob chuckles.

"You and Gayoon are beautiful." You state.

"Thank you." Yoseob genuinely smiles of appreciation.

"You two should be together." You add.

"Why do you say that?"

"I'd be so happy if you were." You smile and reach for your iPhone and start playing the song.

You start singing and watch Yoseob's face light up at your lovely voice.

He joins in and you sing together and enjoy the moment. You'll cherish it and it'll also be one of your last moments alive.

At the end of the song Yoseob compliments your voice and the regret he has for not realising it sooner.

"Do you have any other wishes before our 5 minutes are up?" Yoseob asked

You lower your head, "Can you be my first and last and only kiss?" You flush red once again.

You feel your bed shake as Yoseob moves closer. He tilts your head upwards so you can look deep into his eyes and he leans in and kisses you gently. You smile during the kiss. Today was the best day...if you left, it'd be on a high.

After he pulls back, you smile and he gives you a hug before inviting everyone back in.

After the singing you have trouble regaining your breath. You realise you're losing time and you need to write them a thank you note in case you leave suddenly.

You reach for your diary and begin writing.

To Beast,

Thank you so much for being here...My last day..was so happy. I'll never forget your kindness and inspiration. Your songs were amazing and you all as a group..are #1. Don't feel sad when i'm gone, feel happy that you made my passing away..so much happier. Yang Yoseob, thank you so much. Think of me sometimes okay? I'll never forget you. Can you keep the my diary after i go? You might find it interesting. The key to my diary..is around my neck. It's yours.I'll watch over all of you in heaven.  ______

To Hana:

My beautiful sister..can i apologise enough for leaving you? No.. I'm so sorry i can't be there for you when you face your hardships and troubles.I've been a terrrible unnie to you.. You've been more like an unnie to me..caring for me..making sure i'm okay. I'll never thank you enough. I'll watch over you and protect you in heaven okay? I love you so much! Always be happy! If you can't be happy..don't cry over things that aren't worth it. Your unnie will always be with you, in spirit.  ____

P.S. Send umma and appa my love.

You finsh writing and realise BEAST are in a huddle discussing.

You cough and they turn around.

"We're going to perform for you." Doojoon exclaims.

He comes over and picks up your iPhone. "Do you have Fiction?" He asks.

"Of course." You smile and he looks through your playlists and press play.

Before they start, you pause the music for a second. "If i pass away, remember to take and look through my diary okay?"

Yoseob immediately sits next to you. "You're not going anywhere ___." He answers.

"I'm sorry." You reply.

Yoseob brushes your cheek before moving back into position. You press play and the music starts.

You laugh when Kikwang sings his verse and you see him swinging his arms to accentuate his muscles.

You feel your breath minimising and your eyes slowly closing. You force them to stay open until Yoseob has sung.

It's Yoseob's verse now. Your heartbeat is slowing down..you can barely breathe. You hear him say "In Fiction" and your eyes close. You mutter a sorry as you slowly pass away.

You hear the music stop and feel all the members surround you. They are shaking you...but you're gone. You hear them yell at you..telling you to wake up. You can hear the sadness and anger in Yoseob's voice as he tries to wake you up. You hear him tell you, "You promised!"

In your subconscious you mutter another sorry and that you'll watch over them in heaven..and then you drift off.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how was my first oneshot!? :')

A/N: I used the you where you can sub in your name instead of writing ____ in some of the story so please don't be alarmed if you see your name appear on the screen! ^^

please comment :) and thanks for reading!