.....

Eternity

Key sat on the hilltop, staring out at the city. This was where we had our first date, he thought. Where he gave me that buttercup. The blond could feel the tears pooling in his eyes again, and wiped at them furiously before they could fall.

“He’s gone,” Key reminded himself. “He’s gone and he’s not coming back.”

He didn’t try to stop the tears as he thought of all the memories they had shared, all the fun times they’d had. “I love you, Kibum.” He had heard those words every day for the past year, and now he’d never hear them again.

”I love you, Kibum,” Taemin said. “I love you, and only you.”

Kibum smiled, reaching up to brush some brown hair out of his lover’s face. “I love you too, Minnie. Forever and always.”

Key screamed, grabbing his head and curling in on himself as sobs wracked his body. “Why did you have to go?” He cried. “We said forever!”

Reaching for his bag, which was discarded on the ground a few feet away, Key pulled out a gun, stolen from his father’s cupboard. Closing his eyes, the blond pointed the gun at his own forehead. “I can’t live without you, Minnie. You said forever. Hopefully we’ll be together now.”

Just as he was about to pull the trigger, Key heard a familiar shout from behind him. “Kibum, no!”

The blond’s eyes shot open, and he turned around slowly to come face to face with Lee Taemin—the one Key had thought was lost forever. “T-Taemin?” He stuttered, scrambling to his feet and allowing the gun to fall to the ground at his feet.

Taemin smiled softly and nodded. “It’s me, babe. But please, please don’t do it. You’re beautiful and perfect, don’t take your life away for me.”

“But I can’t go on without you, Minnie!” Key shouted, tears streaming down his face. “We grew up together! I’ve never had to be without you—how do you expect me to do it now?”

Taemin sobbed into his hand, and Key rushed forward to try to comfort him, though he was distraught to see that his hand just went right through Taemin’s shoulder. “Y-you’re right, Bummie,” Taemin sobbed. “But I just…I don’t want you to die for me.”

“Taemin,” Key whispered. “We’ll be together. Close your eyes when I do it—I don’t want you to see.” He started to move away, picking up the gun. “Close your eyes, Tae. We’ll be together soon.”

“K-Kibum, what about Jonghyun? Or your family? Jinki?” Taemin shouted, desperate. “You can’t just throw it all away for me!” He started to run forward, but Key merely smiled.

“Forever and always,” he said, pulling the trigger.

Taemin squeezed his eyes shut, and when he opened them again, Key was on the ground, staring blankly up at the sky. An unheard cry wrenched itself from Taemin’s throat. He knelt next to his lover’s body, but his hands continued to go straight through him. “Kibum, why?” He cried, leaning over the blond’s body, but a hand on his shoulder silenced him.

“Because now we have forever.”

Taemin turned around, and there was Kibum, standing there and smiling down at him, wearing all white, just like Taemin. The brunet threw his arms around the blond’s neck, and they were both delighted to find that they could touch now. A cry from behind Taemin pulled their attention from each other, and they saw their two best friends, Jinki and Jonghyun, running up the hill towards Key’s lifeless body. “Come on,” Key whispered. “I don’t want to see this.”

Taemin nodded, and they both closed their eyes, ready to move on and share an eternity together. Opening his eyes, Taemin looked up at Key. “Forever and always?”

The blond smiled, wrapping his arms around Taemin’s waist and pressing a kiss to his forehead. “Forever and always.”


Okay, so I know this is messy. I'm sorry. But I really like the idea, so I'll just keep it. I edited a few grammatical things, but I may or may not come back later and revise. I don't know. 

But yeah, it's just a random angst drabble because I've started shipping Taekey. I still love Jongkey though okay. Comment with your thoughts ^^

And here's my tumblr if you want it