Final

Beautiful

Dear Nam Woohyun,

I shouldn't be like this. I shouldn't be feeling this way about you. I shouldn't even be writing this letter to you since I know you probably won't even read it. This would just add to the mountain of confessions you get each day. After all, I'm just another girl. But the heart does what it wants and you never have any control over it. You just have to deal with it. But it's gotten out of hand; to the point where even the mentioning of your name could send my heart racing.  We were lab partners once but you probably wouldn't remember that. I mean, you were too busy... with your girlfriend... to notice me. But that's okay. As long as you're happy, I'm happy.

I've been feeling this way for quite some time now but never plucked up the courage to confess. But I just couldn't hold back anymore. I wish you felt the same way. The way you make me feel cannot be described by words. The way we've never even talked before yet I'm feeling this way is impossible. But love doesn't have its limits, nor does it make sense. All I ask is for you to turn and notice me. My heart yearns for love. Your love to be specific. It hurts knowing that you're with her. But I should accept it and move on. But I can't. I want to be the one who makes it hard for you to breathe. I want to be your dream come true. But I guess it's too late for all that.

All I wanted was for you to you to call me beautiful...

Signed, the girl you never looked at.

 

 

Woohyun looked up, bewildered. Who was this girl? The people around him were startled at his sudden movement.

"What's wrong Woohyun?" asked one of his friends, Myungsoo. He was peacefully finishing off his History essay when his friend knocked his elbow, causing him to look up.

"N-nothing, I just need to go somewhere..." Woohyun trailed away as he ran out of the classroom and down the hallway.

"Where is she? I need to find her." murmured Woohyun, apologising to those he bumped into in the corridor.

"Jang Minae?"

"Yes, that's me." Woohyun spotted a girl standing up from her seat in the reception. In her hand was a small suitcase which he assumed were her belongings from her dorm.

"Is it true that you're leaving today?" asked the receptionist, her finger and sorting through paperwork. She paused to adjust her glasses before continuing.

"Yes, may I speak to Mrs Yoo before I leave please?" Her eyes shone as she spoke.

"Sure." The receptionist disappeared from the counter and into the staffroom. There was a faint shout heard as the receptionist called the requested person. A few minutes later, a lady appeared in the doorway, holding a couple of tissues in her hand and sniffling.

"Mrs Yoo!" Woohyun turned to the girl who was carrying her suitcase. He watched as she was engulfed into a bear hug by 'Mrs Yoo.'

"Sweetie, I'll miss you." It was barely audible but Woohyun was still able to hear it since he was standing nearby. He was flicking through the flyers stand next to the front desk, pretending to look for something.

"I'll miss you too." A tear escaped her eye and dropped onto her hair.

"Did you do what I told you to?" Mrs Yoo let go of her and held her by her shoulders, looking her straight in the eye.

"Yeah, I slipped it into his locker last period." She sniffled as a few more tears escaped her eyes. Woohyun's eyes widened at her words. Slipped it into his locker? Was she the girl who put the note in my locker? He rearranged his thoughts and carried on eavesdropping.

"Baby don't cry." Mrs Yoo wiped away her tears and hugged her once again, "I'm proud of you. At least you confessed. Don't misunderstand if he doesn't like you back. There are plenty more fish in the sea. Now cheer up! This isn't the girl I'm used to seeing."

Mrs Yoo tugged at the corners of , forcing her to smile. The girl smiled and whispered one last 'I'll miss you' before walking out of the building, dragging her pink suitcase behind her.

Noticing that the office had already quietened down, Woohyun swivelled round to find the office empty. He peered outside and saw the girl walking towards the gates. This is it Woohyun, now or never. It has to be her.

~

"Wait!" I heard a voice cry from behind me. I paused at turned around, pushing the handle down in the process. I was wearing my dark blue raincoat on top of my old school uniform. The droplets that dropped onto my coat made sure I couldn't hear very well.

"Are you the one who gave me this letter?" I heard him ask and held up a letter. The same letter I'd spent hours writing the night before.

"Errr... No."

"Lies. I heard you saying so just a minute ago." A cheeky grin spread across his face. So he was the guy that was spending ages at the flyers stand. You nodded mentally in understanding.

"Well, okay, it was me but I have to go, okay? Pretend nothing ever happened. Just throw the letter away. I was stupid anyway." I turned to leave when I felt his hand grip onto my arm as if his life depended on it.

"Don't go."

My heart began to beat faster at his words. Maybe he did like me back.

"I love you too." He blurted out. I could almost imagine the embarrassment he felt right at that moment. My face heated up and I refused to turn to face him. My heart skipped a beat at his words and I felt so happy.

"But..." I catiously said, "What about Raena? I thought she was your girlfriend." I protested. I wasn't ready for this. I'd expected him to throw my letter away, throw my feelings away. It was all a joke, I just knew it.

"Didn't you know I broke up with her?" I could picture the grin on his face as he spoke. But no, he's just saying that. Then he would embarrass me and everything would go down hill. Like it usually did.

I broke free from his grasp and marched towards the gates. I heard him calling me but I ignored him. I just felt so embarrassed and flustered at that moment, I wanted to hide away from me.

"Wait! Will... you... stop... running?!" He panted as he caught up to me. I was never the one to be mean so I stopped in order for him to catch up.

"You forgot your suitcase." I blushed and smiled meekly at him, bowing my head slightly. 

"Thank y--mchg." I never got to finish my sentence. 

I felt his lips connect with mine and I was shocked. His hand s around my neck to pull me deeper into the kiss. When i'd finally registered that he was doing all the work, I kissed him back. My hood fell down in the process and we were soaked. I could feel him smile into the kiss when he saw me kissing him back. We broke apart, both of us gasping for air. He leaned his forehead against mine, hand still resting on the back of my neck.

"You look beautiful when you're flustered." I blushed a deeper shade of red. 

 

 

"And that's how we got together!" I laughed when I'd finished my story, slapping my thigh in laughter. I was chatting happily with one of my newly made friends in America. After we'd gotten together, we got married and did a little touchy-touchy and had twins. Then we moved to America and we've been living here for 3 years.

"Some intense love story." Kris replied, not seeming interested at all.

"YAH! Were you even listening to me?" I gasped overdramatically.

"Yeah, yeah the kitten... and the dog... hood."

"What?" I raised my brow. What was he on about?

"Yeah that stuff." He changed the channel to football.

"Ugh, I give up on you." I stood up to leave and walked towards the twins' bedroom.

"Mommy!!!" squealed Sooyoung and Soojin, their arms reaching out to me as I edged towards their cot. I scooped Sooyoung into my arms and kissed her cheek.

"What, you're not going to say hello to your daddy?" I heard a voice behind me and smiled. He scooped Soojin into his arms and threw him into the air.

"Be careful!" I warned. He wasn't the most 'careful' person ever.

"Don't worry, you can trust me." He caught Soojin and planted a quick kiss on my lips. I froze.

"Still as beautiful as ever." He chuckled.

 


Hehe, I'm not good at writing these kind of fics. I'm not a good oneshot writer either :3 So yeah. Enjoy my -ish fluff. ha, it's so short omd.UGH IM CRINGING AT HOW BAD THIS IS SHOULD I EVEN POST THIS YES I SHOULD CUZ I SPENT TIME WRITING THIS LOL POTATOES.