The first time

Hot Chocolate

It's been 2 weeks since my first day of work. Nothing special really happened.

All I did was wake up every morning, breakfast, go to college, work and go home to sleep again. And beside all of that.........

Watching her.

I didn't know why but I keep watching her since that day. She's just...........strange?

She always came at the same time each day, 6 o'clock in the evening. After entered the door she would go to the novel section or sometimes encyclopedia section and then write something on her notebook. She would go home 10 minutes before the library closed.

And one more thing, she never borrowed a single book. Even she never asked a book's place, she would find the book without any help. It's like she owned this library. She always came to this library to read books and then placed it again in their place. 

 

The doorbell rang. I checked my watch. It's 6 o'clock in the evening. I lifted my head and then I saw a girl wearing a brown coat and a white beanie entered the library.

It's that girl.

Again she went straight to encyclopedia section, grabbed a book, looked for a chair, took out her notebook and pencil case, and then wrote something on it.

And again, everytime I saw her, my mind's always wondering.

Why would a girl be in this kind of place?

Is there a girl like her?

I didn't know why but I've been thinking of her since the first day I met her. And I didn't know I just wanted to know her so badly.

I kept wondering what's her name, where does she live, or what's behind that hair of hers. I barely saw her face. Her hair always covered it.

Is she pretty?

Is she have a pair of round eyes?

Is she have a pointed nose?

It sounded creepy, right? I know, but I couldn't help myself to not wonder about it. I just had that kind of urge to get to know her, to go near her and talk to her, but my feet told me otherwise. I couldn't help myself to lift up my feet to walk. Why do I sound so weird?

 

It's already 11 o'clock. It's time to close the library and there's something weird happening this day. She's not left yet. She's still writing on her notebook.

Maybe she hasn't done her work yet and forgotte the time. Then that urge come again, urge to go near her, and at the same time my feet didn't allow me to do that again.

Kim Myungsoo, you can do it. Just go there and tell her that the library will be closed like a normal librarian will do. I talked to myself.

When I was about to stand up, she stood up from her chair with a heavy breath, then she walked to my desk with the encyclopedia in her hands. 

"Sorry, can I borrow this book? I couldn't finish my work," she raised her head and hooked her hair that covering her face on her ear.

My heart was beating so fast.

Her face was really a face of an angel. The way she hooked her hair was so pretty. I couldn't say a word. I kept staring at her until.......

"Hello? Mister? Can I borrow this book?" she waved her hand at me. Cute.

"U-uh. Yeah, sure. Of course you can, Miss....."

"Soojung, my name is Jung Soojung. I don't have a library card since I've never borrowed a book before."

"O-kay. Can you please fill this form? But you can't take the card now, it will take two days to get it. But you can still borrow the book."

"Sure. No problem."

She took out her pen from her black messenger bag and filled the form. While she filled the form, I couldn't help myself to not stare at her.

She's so beautiful, grace, cute and adorable. It was like there's light that shine from her.

A few minutes later, she handed me the form.

"Here. I've already written the book's title on the form."

"Oh. Y-yeah. S-sure."

"Okay. Thanks," she bowed and left.

"You're welcome."

I took her form and read it.

"Name........Jung Soojung. Birthday.........24th of October. Address..........Rose apartment. Wait. That apartment building is beside mine.........."


Thank you for subscribing my story~ 

I was so happy because I got 6 subscribers in two days! I really can't stop smiling!

Again, thank you for reading my story~~ Love you all^^

Comments are always welcome~