Another rival? Part I

which way?

Taeyeon now sit in the class waiting for the lecturer. Yuri and Seohyun sit on each of Taeyeon’s side while Hyoyeon and Sunny sit in front of her. Yuri kept looking secretly at Taeyeon. She wants to know what happen after Jessica dragged Taeyeon. Yuri could saw that from the first time Taeyeon enter the class, she smile all the time.

Yuri nudged Taeyeon lightly and asked,” Baby Taeng, why are you so happy? Did something good happen when you were with Jessica?” Taeyeon smile shyly and shake her head. “Nothing happen Baby Yul.”

Although Taeyeon said nothing’s happened, Yuri could see Taeyeon smile wider and her cheeks become rosy. And now Taeyeon start daydreaming while smiling like an idiot. Yuri sighed, she knows Jessica must be did someting and Taeyeon liked it to make Taeyeon’s behaviour like this. Yuri certain if Taeyeon tells her and her prediction true, her heart would hurt. But she has to know so she could face the reality.

“Come on Baby Taeng, I’ve known you since you were baby. I know you hide something, tell me. Don’t you know good news needs to be shared?” Yuri asked once again while putting a fake happy smile. Taeyeon look at her friend and pondering should she tells her friend or not. She hesitate to tell Yuri because somehow she felt that Yuri would be hurt if she tell her.

Should I or should I not? Why do I hesitate? Why does my gut tells me that Yuri would be hurt? It’s not like she has feeling for me? Right? Taeyeon sighed while thinking. Why do my guts keep telling me that? Maybe I should lie this time. Sorry Baby Yul, just this time. “Nothing’s happened Baby Yul. I’m just planning to eat ice cream when we have lunch later. I heard cafeteria sell ice cream now. Isn’t it great?”

Yuri look at Taeyeon carefully to see if it’s a lie or not. But Yuri can’t do that when Taeyeon look at her innocently. Hmm… Maybe I thought too much. It is true that cafeteria start selling ice cream today and it is also true that Taeyeon love ice cream. After sure Taeyeon shows no indication of lying, Yuri nod her head.

“Alright then.. I will treat you ice cream later.” Yuri smile while pat Taeyeon’s head. Hearing Yuri’s offer, Taeyeon’s eyes sparkling and her imaginary tail swinging happily like a puppy get a new toy. “Really Baby Yul? I could eat every flavor that I want right?” Yuri smile seeing Taeyeon’s cuteness and pinch Taeyeon’s cheek lightly. “Not every flavor. Today you can eat 3 flavor.” When Taeyeon show indication she wants to protest, Yuri said sternly,”Tomorrow you could eat again. Your teeth will hurt if you eat too much ice cream, Baby Taeng.”

Taeyeon pouting, cross her arms and turn her back to Yuri  when Yuri forbid her eat all the flavor. Yuri chuckled and trying to coax Taeyeon. She poke Taeyeon on her cheek and tickle her. But her effort not success. So she back hug Taeyeon and rock her body side to side lightly.” Baby Taeng, don’t sulk please. You know i’m worried about your health that’s why I do it.”

Taeyeon knows what Yuri said is true and she isn’t angry anymore. She just like treated like a baby by Yuri so she continue her act. Taeyeon keep pouting and ignored Yuri. Yuri sighed and offering Taeyeon her favourite snack. “Baby Taeng, how about I give you a cola jelly worm after your ice cream? Hmm?”

Taeyeon turn her head at Yuri and smile. She shows her pinky to Yuri and said,” Promise me? I will get my Jelly right after my ice cream not tomorrow. And you will treat me again? Promise?” “I promise” Yuri answer and link her pinky with Taeyeon’s. Taeyeon cheered when her promise has sealed and hug Yuri. “Baby Yul is the best!” Yuri return the hug while patting Taeyeon’s back. “Baby Taeng, you’re not pretending to sulk so that you could get a jelly right? Why are you back to a happy mode so fast?” Yuri asked suspiciously.

“N-No I’m not. Don’t you asked me to stop sulking? Moreover I’m touched by your effort. That’s why I’m trying to be happy. Can’t you see I’m pretending to be happy right now not a real happy?” Taeyeon stuttering and trying to put her best sad smile. But sadly Yuri knows Taeyeon inside out, she knows Taeyeon tricked her. But she continue to play along for Taeyeon’s sake. “Alright.. Alright.. My fault. Let’s pay attention to the lecturer and eat ice cream later.”

“Alright. And cola jelly worm. Don’t forget my Jelly!” Taeyeon demanding Yuri fiercely. Yuri could only agree while shaking her head. How could this model student becomes a baby when it is about ice cream and Jelly?

Bell rings indicate the lunch time has come. Lunch time means ice cream and Jelly worm for Taeyeon. She shoved all her books and study equipment to her bag and grabbed Yuri’s wrist. Without looking whether Yuri ready or not, she dragged Yuri to the cafeteria leaving Seohyun, Sunny, and Hyoyeon behind. She stop in front of the ice cream stall and look at Yuri eagerly while jumping lightly.

Yuri sighed once again and dragged Taeyeon to a food stall. Taeyeon trying to resist  and looking at the ice cream longingly. “ Why Baby Yul? You promise.. You promise!! Ice cream!!” Yuri and Taeyeon’s scene is like a lover separated forcely by the parents but in this case, it’s not a lover, it’s Taeyeon and the ice cream.

Yuri stop, release taeyeon’s hand and look at Taeyeon in the eyes. “Baby Taeng, don’t you know I never break a promise especially to you? I will buy you the ice cream after you eat your food. Have you eat breakfast before go to campus?” Taeyeon shake her head timidly.

“I know it. I know you hate breakfast. You know you will get an upset stomatch if you eat ice cream with an empty stomatch. Don’t you remember last year’s incident? You have to hospitalized because of ice cream.” Taeyeon look at her foot and playing with her fingers like a child getting scold from her parents.

“I’m sorry, Baby Yul. I’m too eager to eat ice cream so I act like that. I will eat lunch now and ice cream later.” Taeyeon answer while looking at Yuri timidly. Yuri look at Taeyeon’s sorry face and softened her gaze. She step closer to taeyeon and hug her. Taeyeon return the hug and sneak her nose to Yuri’s neck. Yuri whisper to Taeyeon’s ear,” You are forgiven. You know how worried I am everytime you hospitalized. I want to keep you healthy. Let’s buy your food now, okay?”

Taeyeon nodded her head and lossen the hug. She knows Yuri’s concern so she promise her self she would obey Yuri’s word. Yuri interwined their hand and walk to the food stall.

Little that they know, someone looking at them with fire in her eyes. She stomped her foot while walking to Taeyeon and Yuri’s direction.

Taeyeon felt de javu when suddenly her interwined hand separated forcefully and someone hug her while pressing her head to someone’s neck. She could hear Yuri arguing with the culprit. She inhale and familiar fragrance enter her nose. Sica.. Jessica's scent makes her comfortable so she stay in Jessica's embarce and enjoy it.

Jessica stomped her foot while walking speedily to Taeyeon and Yuri’s direction. She is fuming madly seeing the scene.

Jessica and her friends decided to eat at the cafeteria instead going out, actually it’s more like Jessica forced them to eat at the cafeteria. Jessica hoped she could meet Taeyeon ‘accidentally’. When they arrived at the cafeteria, Jessica look intently inside the room to find her baby. She arrived just when Taeyeon stop dragging Yuri in front of the ice cream stall. Yuri stood with her back on Jessica’s view, so Jessica could only saw Taeyeon’s face.

When Taeyeon throw Yuri her eager puppy look, Jessica squeal inside her head seeing that. But when Yuri turn her body and dragged Taeyeon, Jessica’s smile become stiff and her dark aura began to raise. As she keep watch the interaction, her aura become darker and her blood boiling. The hug push Jessica’s patient to end. She leave her friends and walk to her target. Jessica ignored her friends calls and keep walking.