Meeting

Ring Ring

“Do you hear that?” I said aloud to myself.  Yup that is the sound of nothing but the gusts of strong wind blowing.  One would think that it would be loud and noisy since it is a high school after all, but it is after school on a Friday so everyone left to relax for the weekend. 

The only reason I am still at school is because the counselor wanted to see me and tell me about the foreign exchange student that will start school on Monday.  So I being one of the schools ambassadors it is my job to help new students around.  I can honestly say that I love my job and am so glad I decided to do it because it feels so nice to help new students find their way.  I wish I know more about the student, the counselor was very vague about them.  All I know is that he is in all my classes but I really hope that we can be friends. 

While being lost in my own thoughts a big gust of wind blew by and knocked off my hat and carried it away.  If there was important fact to know about me is that I always wear a hat.  As I ran for my hat I mentally cursed at myself regretfully for letting this happen.  “I must be getting punished right now” I said as I let out a mumbled sigh.    Suddenly a guy came into view as he grabbed on to my hat and started walking quickly my way.   I don’t think I have ever felt so thankful to a stranger for helping me at that moment.  My thoughts were then interrupted. “Here I believe this is yours” said the stranger.  I anxiously answered “Ah, yes it is thank you so much. You don’t know how much this means to me”.  I then bowed and scurried away.  Once I put a few meters distance between us I went to put my hat back on but a white piece of paper fell out.  I bent down and picked it up and opened it.  I read “BYG call me ~ ***-***-****”.  “BYG?!” I whispered to myself.  Suddenly my legs lost strength and had to shuffle the rest of the way back to the car.  The whole car ride my mind flooded with questions about BYG it was suffocating.  Was the stranger BYG?  Oh my God, wow did this really happen?  I pinched myself to double check that I am not dreaming. “Ouch!!” Yup not dreaming this is all real.  I really hope that our paths cross again. 

Sunday night I was scowling at the number scribbled on the paper not knowing whether or not to call BYG.  I mean what if this is a joke?  But what if it is not? I scratched the back of my neck in frustration. The contemplation on to call or not has really become a nuisance. It may sound crazy but I spent my whole weekend just staring at that piece of paper in contemplation.  All my thoughts were invaded by BYG it became a real distraction when I was trying to do my homework. 

Finally it struck me that I need to call BYG or else he will be in my thoughts for eternity.  I took a deep breath in and let it out and dialed his number.